Print Page | Close Window

Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15443
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 2:22am

Topic: Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner
Posted By: Emmalee
Subject: Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:38am
I have been reading some of the older messages about Pantene shampoo. I love the shine and softness that Pantene gives my hair. I have not used Pantene long enough to notice any of the side effects others mentioned, but I would like to switch to something else before that does happen. My hair is naturally curly but is fine and thin and therefore a lot of shampoos and conditioners are too heavy and leave my hair looking greasy. I wonder if anyone would have any other suggestions to use instead of Pantene but still get the softness and shine.

Replies:
Posted By: Debi
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:39am
> I have been using Pantene off and on for at least 4 years and I do like the shine and healthy feel my hair has.....but after a short while, it does build up and I start having major bad hair days. (My hair is also thin and fine.) I started using the new Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner by Neutrogena for daily use (not the once a week kind) and I cannot belive how much better my hair looks and feels. It's like using a gentle clarifying shampoo every day, so you have a "clean slate", but it doesn't strip your color or dry your hair out, or build up. And the conditioner has many of the same wonderful ingredients found in the Pantene (panthenol, etc.)...it's very moisturizing but it doesn't weigh the hair down. You've GOT to try it - if you like the Pantene you'll LOVE this stuff. I've had so many people asking me what I'm doing differently, and that my hair has never looked so healthy. It was visibly different the first time I used it, but it seems to get better each day. Best of luck!I have been reading some of the older messages about> Pantene shampoo. I love the shine and softness that> Pantene gives my hair. I have not used Pantene long> enough to notice any of the side effects others> mentioned, but I would like to switch to something> else before that does happen. My hair is naturally> curly but is fine and thin and therefore a lot of> shampoos and conditioners are too heavy and leave my> hair looking greasy. I wonder if anyone would have any> other suggestions to use instead of Pantene but still> get the softness and shine.

-------------
MiladyC

Posted By: Holly
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:40am
Debi,Hi,Can you tell me if the Replenishing shampoo and conditionerhave silicones in them? I live in France but can order some, but I would like to know about the silicones or hopefully lack thereof first.Thanks,Holly

-------------

Posted By: heather
I have found that Alterna products are very good for the hair. It leaves it soft, shiny, and flat, without frizzies. My hair is thick and semi-curly, and Alterna works like a charm every time after i blow-dry my hair straight. Definitely my favorite!

-------------
Heather

Posted By: Regina
it sounds like you are describing the same exact hair that i have! i used ARTEC Smoothing Shampoo/Conditioner for their Texturline and it works great. this is truly the most amazing shampoo ever! no build up, and it leaves my fine curly hair with a lot of body and best of all no friz! if you can afford it i would try it. you can get it at any beauty salon or beauty supply store and even off the web.regina

-------------
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo

Posted By: Debi
Holly.....hi! Did you get my message at your personal email address? ~ DebiDebi,> Hi,> Can you tell me if the Replenishing shampoo and> conditioner> have silicones in them? I live in France but can order> some, but I would like to know about the silicones or> hopefully lack thereof first.> Thanks,> Holly

-------------
MiladyC