Print Page | Close Window

Need advice

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15480
Printed Date: June 23 2024 at 2:55pm

Topic: Need advice
Posted By: Rushell
Subject: Need advice
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:42am
First of all.....my compliments to the wonderful website.Here's my dilema. My hair has been driving me CRAZY for the past several months. It's basically a misbehaving mess.Here's the deal. I have medium length dark brown hair, a tiny bit past my shoulders, in layers. I wash it at night, and let it dry naturally. (I don't like using the hair dryer. However, I WILL if there is a good way to use it.) Well, I use a large (1 inch + ) curling iron on it in the morning when I have time. I often don't have a lot of time in the morning. However, when I do curl my hair with the curling iron, it really just falls before I even get out the door. Even if I curl it with a small curling iron (about 3/4 inch) I used to have naturally curly/wavy hair, so naturally straight is unusual for me. With my pear face shape, I really don't look good with just straight flat hair, although that is the style I think. With my layers, I do get a little body, but the end result is usually a flip style, although I curl the hair under. I don't really like this style though. And, it is still flat on top. I have tried hot rollers, but they only give me the "just got out of bed, living in the 50s" kind of look. (Really messy and full around the top, with it sticking out every which way near the bottom) Which, I really HATE! So, I avoid the hot rollers. I'm going to get a hair cut this weekend, and need some advice. I want a style that easy to do (I can spend up to 30 minutes...but easy is important). And, of course, I want to stop having to do the ponytail thing EVERYDAY! And......cutting it all off is out!Anyone out there.....Please help!Thanks in advance!!Rushell

-------------
Ms Rush

Replies: