Print Page | Close Window

I got butched and I'm devastated!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15486
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 8:32am

Topic: I got butched and I'm devastated!!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: I got butched and I'm devastated!!
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:42am
I had long beautiful blonde hair. The ends truly were getting thin and did need a good 3" trim. The night before my appointment, I was afraid I'd chicken out at the salon, so I trimmed it myself. It was so thick and luscious that I cut more. And more. And more. And more. I almost couldn't stop -- it was like I was possessed.The next day I walked into the salon with a scarf. After my horrible hack job, I ended up with a style that is completely shaved on the sides and shaved up the back. After people get over the shock, most people love it.However....I HATE it!! I have no rational explanation for my little fit of self-destruction. I feel that a good part of my sexuality was cut off.My question: I want to get hair extensions because I desperately miss my long hair. However, I also want to keep it healthy to grow. How much damage will highlighting it do? Also, how much damage will hair extensions cause? I'd like to do both. I want it to grow but I have to have it great-looking now, as well.Advice for long-haired ladies contemplating short: Do it in *stages*. That way if you change your mind, you've probably only lost a few inches which will grow out a whole lot easier than losing 16 inches. {sniff}An odd note, though: I do not like the look at all. I prefer a longer, flowing feminine type of hair. However, I hate to admit this, but I like the feel. Especially the shaved back. It's kind of sensual and yes, feels a little sexy. But then when I see my hair in the mirror, I hate the look. Am I completely nuts to have this love/hate relationship with a short haircut!?!Also, if anyone has any experience with hair extensions (I'm white and my hair is naturally blonde and wavy), I'd really love to her from you -- thanks!!

Replies: