Print Page | Close Window

"darkening" very blonde hair...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15800
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 3:41am

Topic: "darkening" very blonde hair...
Posted By: Kara
Subject: "darkening" very blonde hair...
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:09am
Can anyone suggest the best way to tone down my very blonde hair? Currently, it's a level 10(very light golden blonde; natural color is medium dark blonde) after returning from vacation where it bleached out a bit, and I would like to bring it down a shade or two. The problem is that it's pretty porous and a bit dry. I mainly just want to get the whiteness out of the color and give it some depth. I have allover color, so highlights/lowlights are not an option at this time, and I don't know how to describe what I want done to my stylist. Is this something that is possible without wrecking my hair?Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!Kara

Replies:
Posted By: William
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:10am
> Can anyone suggest the best way to tone down my very> blonde hair? Currently, it's a level 10(very light> golden blonde; natural color is medium dark blonde)> after returning from vacation where it bleached out a> bit, and I would like to bring it down a shade or two.> The problem is that it's pretty porous and a bit dry.> I mainly just want to get the whiteness out of the> color and give it some depth. I have allover color, so> highlights/lowlights are not an option at this time,> and I don't know how to describe what I want done to> my stylist. Is this something that is possible without> wrecking my hair?> Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!> KaraTo Kara;This is a perfect example of where a 'deposit only' color such as Redken Shades EQ really shines! Contact a salon that uses 'shades' and I'm quite sure they can fix your problem easily. Be sure to use a color a couple of shades lighter than you want to go , since your hair is already 'porus' from previous coloring and sun exposure to keep the color from 'grabbing' too dark. william

-------------

Print Page | Close Window