Print Page | Close Window

scissors

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15929
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 11:44am

Topic: scissors
Posted By: K
Subject: scissors
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:20am
Does the type of scissors that you trim your hair with really matter? The scissors I've seen that are specified for hair are usually around $10- $15. I use just all-purpose around the house type of scissors for around $2.00.But, that's all I use them for. I thought that as long as they are sharp, that's all that matters. I use them trim split-ends, not to create a style. Thanks for your help!

Replies:
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:20am
> Does the type of scissors that you trim your hair with> really matter? The scissors I've seen that are> specified for hair are usually around $10- $15. I use> just all-purpose around the house type of scissors for> around $2.00.> But, that's all I use them for. I thought that as long> as they are sharp, that's all that matters. I use them> trim split-ends, not to create a style. Thanks for> your help!The main reason why I was asking this question was because I am doing a type of elimination process. I 'm trying to figure out why my hair is so damaged and breaking off. I don't use any type of heat on my hair, I stopped my old way of shampooing and it has helped, but I was thinking that maybe the way I was cutting my hair was the culprit. If anyone knows, please tell me. My hair is driving me crazy. I should have the healthist hair around, but instead I have split-ends all the way up the hair shaft and i shouldn't.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Jen
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
How long is your hair? My hair is waist-length, and I end up with some damage no matter how careful I am. What I have found to be the most helpful are hot oil treatments. I use warm olive oil on my dry hair before I go to sleep every night. If I'm going to wash my hair the next morning then I use a lot -- enough to make all of my hair greasy for the night. (I sleep in a sleeping cap those nights.) If I'm not going to wash my hair the next morning, then I just use about a dime sized amount of oil and rub it through the ends of my hair. I used to use regular household scissors, but when I switched to actual hair-cutting scissors I found I had a lot less breakage.Good luck!

-------------

Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
> How long is your hair? My hair is waist-length, and I> end up with some damage no matter how careful I am.> What I have found to be the most helpful are hot oil> treatments. I use warm olive oil on my dry hair before> I go to sleep every night. If I'm going to wash my> hair the next morning then I use a lot -- enough to> make all of my hair greasy for the night. (I sleep in> a sleeping cap those nights.) If I'm not going to wash> my hair the next morning, then I just use about a dime> sized amount of oil and rub it through the ends of my> hair. I used to use regular household scissors, but> when I switched to actual hair-cutting scissors I> found I had a lot less breakage.> Good luck!My hair is about to my shoulders. I do use oil in my hair. I do hot oil treatments. I put mayo, yogurt,etc... When I'm outside I put oil in. It just seems that no matter how well I treat my hair, it's determined to be damaged. I also leave conditioner in my hair. I'm convinced that I just have bad hair! ~k

-------------