Print Page | Close Window

Sensitive scalp/Possible shampoo allergy/Can you help??

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16273
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 4:01pm

Topic: Sensitive scalp/Possible shampoo allergy/Can you help??
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Sensitive scalp/Possible shampoo allergy/Can you help??
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:48am
Hello. I really hope someone can help. I have a very sensitive scalp which has a tendency to break out in these painful pimples if I use haircare products with certain ingrediants. I'm not sure what ingrediants are causing the problem, but recently I tried using an Aveda shampoo and that caused an outbreak too. When I went to see my doctor, she told me that I might be allergic to certain ingrediants in shampoos/conditioners. In the past other shampoos and conditioners have caused the same reaction such as Pantene and Suave. Most of the time, it's been the conditioner causing the problem though which led to my hair follicles becoming clogged and a hair infection called Folliculitis. However I've been on Accutane twice (the last time in '95) and haven't had a bad outbreak of Folliculitis since. My scalp is still a little bit oily though, but drier than it used to be. It still itches though if I don't wash it every day and if I don't wash it every day, that's when the bumps appear too. My doctor tells me I just have a very sensitive scalp which is on the oily side. My hair is ultra thick, below my shoulders, and coarse. I call it normal to slightly dry. Anyways, I am at a loss what kind of shampoo to try. I do not know what to look for and what to stay away from. My Doctor just told me to stay away from colors and fragnance. She tells me to stay away from Suave and try Pantene, but years ago before they changed the formula I tried Pantene and had a reaction to that too. Can anybody help me? Anybody else been through this? What has worked for you? I would really appreciate it if anybody could help and if you could email me, I'd really appreciate it so much!! I find this so frustrating! Thanks so much!!MariaRelated Link:Maria In Mass

Replies: