Print Page | Close Window

Help!!!! Need to stop breakage

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16702
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 12:57am

Topic: Help!!!! Need to stop breakage
Posted By: Susan
Subject: Help!!!! Need to stop breakage
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:27am
Bleaching and toning has left my long hair (4" above waist)breaking off - I use Redken PPT Treatment and alternate between a moisturizing and reconstructor deep treatment once a week. I shampoo, condition, and blow dry straight 2-3 times a week. Is there any other products I could use that will aid in reducing breakage?PLEASE HELP - I'M DESPERATE - AND DO NOT WANT TO CUT MY HAIR I'VE SPENT YEARS GROWING!!!!!!!!11

Replies:
Posted By: Ally
Are you kidding? Get rid of the blow dryer! Blowing your hair straight is extremely damaging.I'd also consider going back to your original color, since a double process on long hair is asking for trouble.I'd deep-condition twice a week or more, and probably even sleep with it in. Are you using heat to help the conditioner along?Ally

-------------

Posted By: Ron
> Bleaching and toning has left my long hair (4"> above waist)> breaking off - I use Redken PPT Treatment and> alternate between a moisturizing and reconstructor> deep treatment once a week. I shampoo, condition, and> blow dry straight 2-3 times a week. Is there any other> products I could use that will aid in reducing> breakage?> PLEASE HELP - I'M DESPERATE - AND DO NOT WANT TO CUT> MY HAIR I'VE SPENT YEARS GROWING!!!!!!!!11you could look for product called shine it works wonders

-------------