Print Page | Close Window

Paula Begoun's New Haircare book and Aubrey Organics Controversy - could this be true?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16776
Printed Date: June 26 2024 at 3:38am

Topic: Paula Begoun's New Haircare book and Aubrey Organics Controversy - could this be true?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Paula Begoun's New Haircare book and Aubrey Organics Controversy - could this be true?
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:33am
Hello :)The new revised version of Paula Begoun's book called "Don't Go Shopping for Hair Care Products Without Me" arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Having become a recent fan of Aubrey Organics hair care products, I quickly thumbed through the book to see if this hair care line would be reviewed and what Paula would have to say about them. You should have seen my draw drop when I read Paula's review how "The Rose Sheet for March 15, 1999 mentioned that Aubrey Organics was in violation of catalog mislabeling and good manufacturing practises...the FDA investigators also determined several Aubrey products, bear labeling that cause them to be drugs, and therefore, are not in compliance with...of topical guidelines". She also believes that "given the consistency and feel of the products" she doesn't believe the ingrediant listings and doesn't believe AO is providing a complete ingrediant listing. Further, she questions that because the ingrediant lists do not include standard preservatives they run a risk of contamination from mold and bacteria which is dangerous for the eyes and skin. According to Paula, the vitamins C, A, and E uses as preservatives "have their own stability problems and deteriorate quickly with exposure to air".What do you think? Do you think this could be true? I hope not! I LOVE these products and they have done amazing things for my hair!MariaRelated Link:Maria In Mass

Replies: