Print Page | Close Window

Hair Coloring Question

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16814
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 8:55am

Topic: Hair Coloring Question
Posted By: Lori
Subject: Hair Coloring Question
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:37am
I would like to start using a haircolor at home. I have been highlighting my hair myself for a very long time. I called Clairol and they suggest using an ash color on my hair. My natural color is dark blonde. I don't want a gold tone. What is the difference between beige and ash? I am hoping my hair won't turn green or some strange color. She suggested a way to make my hair a dark blonde to light brown, but I don't want it that dark. That is when she suggested the Ash. Any Advice out there before I continue? Thanks in Advance.

Replies:
Posted By: Tiffany
> I would like to start using a haircolor at home. I> have been highlighting my hair myself for a very long> time. I called Clairol and they suggest using an ash> color on my hair. My natural color is dark blonde. I> don't want a gold tone. What is the difference between> beige and ash? I am hoping my hair won't turn green or> some strange color. She suggested a way to make my> hair a dark blonde to light brown, but I don't want it> that dark. That is when she suggested the Ash. Any> Advice out there before I continue? Thanks in Advance.I actually have a cousin who is a hair stylist, I usually dye my own hair at home. She had told me that the color of ash is a very dull, no shine look. I am going to dye my hair a golden strawberry blonde, my natural color is chestnut, ash brown very dull looking, this fall and winter golden highlights and colors are supposed to be the best colors to wear. I hope I was of some help. Good luck!

-------------

Posted By: Ally
I would also love an answer to this. My natural hair color is a light ash brown (6 1/2 A), or so I've been told. It's probably a shade darker than Lori's.If I highlight or color my hair, should I always stick with ash? For example, if I were to go blonde, which blonde would look the most flattering and natural?Why do ash colors always look darker than golden colors of the same level?I thought these undertones were based on warm and cool complexions, but my skin is yellow-based, and my eyes are golden brown. Help?AllyAlly

-------------

Posted By: Lori
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:38am
Thanks for the help. I've read a couple of times that Ash is a dull color. I probably have gold in my hair, and I have a few strands of grey. Maybe I should go for a gold or beige tone instead of the ash. The ash looks pretty on the box, but you never know what color the model was in the first place, so it's very hard to determine from the pictures. I just don't want to get brassy looking. That's why I was moving away from a gold tone.

-------------