Print Page | Close Window

Thumbs down for Aubrey Organics

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16931
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 8:35am

Topic: Thumbs down for Aubrey Organics
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Thumbs down for Aubrey Organics
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:47am
I've never used Aubrey Organics at all and hence have no opinions about the company. However, after reading many positive comments here,I was quite surprised at a review of them in Paula Begoun's book.I quote from her book, "Don't Go Shopping for Hair Care Products Without Me," 2nd edition:"I am also skeptical that Aubrey is providing a complete ingredient listing. None of his ingredient labels include standard preservatives, which, given these formulations, means these products would run a high risk of contamination from mold and bacteria, and that would be exceedingly risky for the eyes and skin. His ingredient labels do list vitamins C, A, and E as the preservatives but these have their own stability problems and deteriorate quickly with exposure to air."She doesn't recommend any of his shampoos because of several drying ingredients and products that build up on the hair and can leave it dry and brittle.According to the book also, an item in 'The Rose Sheet' for March 15, 1999 said Aubrey Organics was "in violation of catalog mislabeling and Good Manufacturing Practices."Again, I have no experience with this company but thought I'd present this information to provide others with a balanced view.

Replies: