Print Page | Close Window

Cutting long hair to gently flip up at bottom.

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17005
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 1:50am

Topic: Cutting long hair to gently flip up at bottom.
Posted By: barbara
Subject: Cutting long hair to gently flip up at bottom.
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:55am
I have long blunt hair and am wondering how to cut the ends to make it flip up in a very slight way (a modified very long flip). Do I undercut it or do the exact opposite by making the bottom layer longer? Thank you! Barbara

Replies:
Posted By: William
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:56am
> I have long blunt hair and am wondering how to cut the> ends to make it flip up in a very slight way (a> modified very long flip). Do I undercut it or do the> exact opposite by making the bottom layer longer?> Thank you! BarbaraTo Barbara;Part the hair vertically, and hold straight out from the back and sides, working radially around the head, angle the shears at about a 30 degree angle and cut carefully across the section so the bottom hair is the longest and the top layer winds up about 1 inch shorter. Do this step last! Trim the overall out line in a 'blunt' manner first and then carefully section and 'angle cut' the perimeter as I described and the hair will flip up on its own if it is thick and has some body.william

-------------

Posted By: barbara
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:56am
> To Barbara;> Part the hair vertically, and hold straight out from> the back and sides, working radially around the head,> angle the shears at about a 30 degree angle and cut> carefully across the section so the bottom hair is the> longest and the top layer winds up about 1 inch> shorter. Do this step last! Trim the overall out line> in a 'blunt' manner first and then carefully section> and 'angle cut' the perimeter as I described and the> hair will flip up on its own if it is thick and has> some body.> williamDear William,Thank you very much!!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window