Print Page | Close Window

PERT PLUS--I'll probably get alot of flack on this one!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17135
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 4:08am

Topic: PERT PLUS--I'll probably get alot of flack on this one!
Posted By: aj
Subject: PERT PLUS--I'll probably get alot of flack on this one!
Date Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:06am
Hello!I have been a cosmetologist for about 8 years, and I have tried every professional shampoo and conditioner on my own hair that I can get my hands on. My problem is that my hair is very fine, which is ok because the style I have doesn't require alot of body, and while it is healthy, my scalp gets oily and my ends are a trocious! They are very dry, split and literally break when brushed. The ony shampoo I can use and not weigh my hair down is Pert Plus for Oily hair, then I use Sebastion's Potion 9 on the ends every time. Anything else I use either makes my hair wad up like a big ball of cotton- Biologe Hydrating being the worst, and Paul Mitchell products, except the Rogain system! Does anyone have any other suggestions. I've tried all the Paul Mitchell, Redken, Nexxus, Sebastion, Joico, Framesi, and others. I do not perm, color or use hardly any heat styling aids. The other stylists call my hair "trashy", in that I do everything right for it- except use pert plus, which I understand is controversial- but it is always damaged looking on the ends. HELP!! And just how bad IS Pert Plus?? The one for Normal hair makes it greasy in about 8 hours. What should I do???

Replies: