Print Page | Close Window

I saw the dermatologist!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17223
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:18pm

Topic: I saw the dermatologist!
Posted By: Sunflowergirl
Subject: I saw the dermatologist!
Date Posted: February 19 2000 at 9:18am

Hello :)

Just wanted to let you know I wrote a letter to the dermatologist telling her what happened, she called me apologizing what happened, and gave me someone else's cancelled appointment this past week. When I saw her for the first time this Thursday, she was very pleasant, confirmed that yes I do have sebborheic dermatitis, folliculitis (Hair follicles become clogged which form acne like bumps next to follicle), and also excema. She asked me what products cause me to break out and I gave her a list. She recommended I use either Sensitive Dove Body Wash or the Oil of Olay one for the shower, Cetaphil to wash my face, Eucerin or Cetaphil cream for moisturizer. As for the scalp, she is sending me in early March for patch testing. She wasn't sure how my scalp would react to Nizoral prescription strength and didn't have any samples on hand. I told her we could try it and see what happens (When I went to pick it up at pharmacy I was dismayed at the list of ingrediants on it: perfume bouquet, animal collagen protein, ect. Ack! I tried it though and it makes the scalp itchy and I noticed new bumps. Guess I better go pick up one of the other things she recommended on the print out list she gave me!). She also gave me this scalp lotion to apply to the folliculitis bumps, and lotion for the excema. She told me that after the patch testing, we will know what cosmetic ingrediants I'm sensitive/allergic too and I can then avoid those ingrediants by reading labels. Hooray! In the meantime, she recommends alternating shampoos and suggested for me my Aubrey Organics Jay shampoo because it doesn't effect my scalp and is my favorite shampoo, DHS Clear shampoo, and a dandruff shampoo. She was really nice and I found her very helpful.

Maria :)

Replies:
Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: February 21 2000 at 11:48pm
Hi Maria,

I'm glad you found the doctor helpful. Hopefully you finally pinpoint exactly what works best for you so you can enjoy great health!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

-------------