Print Page | Close Window

Coloring Long hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: The HairTalk® Archives
Forum Name: Hair Talk Archive
Forum Description: All the old Hair Talk Messages...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17249
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 10:39am

Topic: Coloring Long hair
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Coloring Long hair
Date Posted: February 29 2000 at 5:43pm
Hi-I need some help on how to color my long hair. I need to know what is a good home hair color and the sort of tools people with long hair use to color. How to part, where to start generally the whole ball of wax. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Cindi :)

Replies:
Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: March 01 2000 at 12:03am
I am not a hair stylist, but I do know that coloring can be a tricky business. I personally feel that the skill level of the person doing the chemical treatment is as much or even more important that the product itself. If you had hair that is fairly short, it wouldn't be such a major deal if something went wrong. Growing it out wouldn't take so long. But with long hair, oh boy, I'd really hate to see a disaster. There's a chance everything would go well and you would be pleased. But I really think there's a greater chance that you may not be pleased.

I know that going to a salon can be expensive! But you could save up here and there and when you have enough, splurge and go to a salon.

If you do it at home, though, I'd research everything carefully! I think boxes of color that are sold in drugstores usually have phone numbers on them where you can call trained professionals who may be able to help you.

Good luck!

Jennifer

-------------

Posted By: Ally
Date Posted: March 01 2000 at 9:31am
Cindi,

What are you trying to do? Cover grey? Change your color in a drastic way?

Ally

-------------