Print Page | Close Window

Hair Extensions

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Announcements
Forum Description: Have something you need to shout at the World? No Ads Please!
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17630
Printed Date: May 14 2024 at 5:23pm

Topic: Hair Extensions
Posted By: Cathy Brown
Subject: Hair Extensions
Date Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:45pm
Does anyone know if you can have extensions, if you are losing your hair or have thinning hair?

Replies:
Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:32am
Maybe not. If you are thinning on top and your hair is fine, you are probably not a good candidate for extensions, which really need a good foundation to attach to. They may cause damage to what hair you have left.

Consider an integration system, which is like a wiglet based on a large netting piece. Your own hair can be pulled through the holes. The piece is attached to the hair by weaving or clips. I've seen these, and they can look better than many women's natural hair.

Search on "hair integration". Most large wig sellers online have hairloss sections. Also you might want to visit heralopecia.com. And if you have more questions about extensions or attachments, you can visit the hair extension board on these forums.

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: adina
Date Posted: February 14 2005 at 6:20pm
I would not recommend hair extensions if you are losing your hair,They pull on your hair and the result would losing it quicker.IMHO I would not get extensions.

-------------

Posted By: Gina E
Date Posted: February 16 2005 at 9:31pm
You can get what's called an integration...Where a thin cap is made specifically to fit your head. Your hair is then pulled through the cap and blended/integrated with human hair that has been affixed to the cap. It is held securely in place with combs. So, it can be shampooed andstyled like normal. I'm noy sure of the upkeep or cost. However, I've seen some posts in the past...if I find them I'll report back. Also, there is a women in my area who's done them for years. I give her a call. She's very nice and can answer any more Q's!

-------------
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/GinaE52979/EvansFirstDayandRoxy06019.jpg - White Boxer

Print Page | Close Window