Print Page | Close Window

a good semi permanet hair dye, also will my hair fall out

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Finder
Forum Description: Looking for help finding a product? Ask Here!
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17712
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 6:49am

Topic: a good semi permanet hair dye, also will my hair fall out
Posted By: Rita
Subject: a good semi permanet hair dye, also will my hair fall out
Date Posted: June 25 2002 at 10:53pm
Can anyone here recommend a good semi permanent dye that I can use to make my hair one shade darker?
Also, since my hair is already slightly dry and a bit frizzy due to past chemical processes, will a semi permanent dye make my hair fall out?
Any help would be appreciated

-------------
Rita (:

Replies:
Posted By: scotcdnlass
Date Posted: July 04 2002 at 10:39am
Hi Rita;

I use L`Oreal`s Colour Spa Castings, I find it doesn`t do much damage to my hair and as I have long hair there seems to be enough product in the package to get good coverage.

Like you I have used a lot of products on my hair and I found that I was losing a lot of hair in my hair brush. I have always treated my hair with great reverance and it horrified me that I was losing hair to over colouring or changing products. I would concentrate on getting my hair into the best possible health before changing the colour. You will only make it worse by adding dye to it.

You might want to try a natural henna product as I find they leave my hair feeling fantastic and they aren`t as drying. The last henna I saw though was over $16 an application so its not cheap. A herbal store may have them and I know Lush sells henna products (they ship on line too)

As I have auburn hair I only look for a product to stop my hair ends from blonding out after the summer and maybe a mid winter lift to my natural colour as I find it gets pretty blah.

I hope this helps, it can be scary trying something new especially if your hair is damaged.

Good Luck

-------------
Lori