Print Page | Close Window

A couple of questions....

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Product Support
Forum Name: Product Finder
Forum Description: Looking for help finding a product? Ask Here!
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17744
Printed Date: May 19 2024 at 9:19am

Topic: A couple of questions....
Posted By: Ingrid16
Subject: A couple of questions....
Date Posted: December 16 2002 at 12:01pm
Hey! I just had a couple questions for those product- saavy individuals out there....

1)Could you suggest a good super-hold gel or pomade or wax-type product, mainly for acheiving a slick, wet look that`ll last for a long time?

2)For those of you who color- could you suggest a good shampoo that won`t strip away color? I`m pretty new to the hair coloring world and everything I`ve tried so far (ColorVive and Redken) still seems to make my color dull and fade.

Oh, yeah, I don`t have a whole lotta money to spend on stuff (I work part time as a waitress at a cheesy little restaurant where nobody leaves big tips), so I`m also looking for stuff that doesn`t cost too much. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance.
Lotsa Love,

Ingrid

-------------
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing

Replies:
Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: December 16 2002 at 12:49pm
Hi Ingrid! How`s the new haircut going? My advice on color-friendly shampoo: Try a color-enhancing shampoo/conditioner that will actually play up your shade. Unfortunately NO shampoo can ever really protect color, so the best you can do is use a gentle, non-drying formula, stay out of direct sunlight whenever possible and don`t wash your hair every day. Paul Mitchell makes a great color line but unfortunately it`s a little pricey, as is Artec`s equally good line. However, I *can* enthusiastically recommend Clairol Complements, an ultra-gentle shampoo that can add some beautiful tones to colored hair and doesn`t cost a ton. It comes in....let me find it online here......: Ash Blonde, Natural Blonde, Gold Blonde, Red Copper, Red Plu and Ash Brown. I found this at Sally Beauty (how I love that store.) Unfortunately they don`t make a color conditioner so you might have to try the salon for that if you`re interested. I don`t know that this will help you but I hope so! Have a great afternoon :-)

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: Ingrid16
Date Posted: December 17 2002 at 2:11am
Hey, Lyris! Thanx for the advice. I`ll take a look at some of this stuff. I dunno if those Clairol ones will work cuz I dye my hair jet black, and they probalby don`t have one for that. However, I have used some Paul Mitchell stuff in the past & found it to be worth the extra $$$$$, so maybe I`ll check that out. I`ll let you know how it goes. Oh, yeah, I wrote a `lil message to ya on the General Hair Talk board.
Thanx again & take care :) :) :)

Love,
Ingrid

-------------
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing

Print Page | Close Window