Forum Name: Hair & Alternative Therapies
Forum Description: Share your experiences with Alternatives Therapies
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17906
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 10:57am

Topic: Vitamin E oil
Posted By: papillon_purple
Subject: Vitamin E oil
Date Posted: April 29 2003 at 11:47am
I wanted to try using an oil treatment, but couldn't get any jojoba oil. Instead I found a bottle of Vitamin E oil, and put that in my hair. Now my hair feels really soft and full.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried Vitamin E oil as well. Also, will I get these results with other oils, such as jojoba, coconut, or monoi oil, or the other oil mixes out there?

Replies:
Posted By: Cass03
Date Posted: May 01 2003 at 2:20pm
I can tell you that i use vitamin e oil and i massage it into my scalp and i get wonderful results, i also take it as a pill form too

-------------
Cass

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: May 02 2003 at 5:20am
PP

I suggest you try different oils in addition to the vit E oil.
You may find you like specific oils for specific purposes.

I use coconut oil as a leave-in, castor oil as a pre-wash deep conditioner, monoi in the summer for a light scenting of the hair and also a variety of essential oils for shine, scalp stimulation, etc.

Only through experimentation will you discover what suits you best. Enjoy the process.

Best wishes

Uzma

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: May 05 2003 at 1:00pm
I like the idea of using castor oil but it seems like it might be too oily. Do you dillute it first before you use it?

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: May 05 2003 at 1:56pm
You can dilute it in a lighter oil, like Almond or Coconut.
That's a better deal if you have fine or medium hair strands.

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: claribuzz
Date Posted: May 10 2003 at 5:01am
well i like to use light olive oil as a styling oil (?) at night when my hair is damped and just leave it to air dry. a few drops is enought with out making it feels greasy. my sister who has waist length hair use at night like myself. she likes because it makes her hair soft and less prone to tangling

-------------
ARGHH

Print Page | Close Window