Print Page | Close Window

Dread Beads

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Dreadlocks
Forum Description: How to start, care and feed your dreads...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17982
Printed Date: May 17 2024 at 12:54pm

Topic: Dread Beads
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Dread Beads
Date Posted: June 03 2004 at 5:51pm
Hey. I've had dreads for about 6 weeks now, and they are starting to get fairly nice, except I seem to have quite abit of loose hairs. Anyways, I recently put a few beads in, a couple glass ones, and a spiral and such, and i'm wondering something. When i wash my hair, and they all get wet, will they just slip out? How exactly do you secure them in?
PS: On a different note, anyone here know here i can get a dreadlocks visor? Other than dreadheadhq.com?

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 14 2004 at 10:49pm
ya know... i am woundering the same thing!

Posted By: emilee
Date Posted: October 19 2004 at 1:13pm
you should wait a little while before you put beads into them, wait until they are a little tighter. try weaving your lose hairs into close dreads.. even use a crochet hook or something to weave them through, then when your dreads are a little bit older you can put the beads in & they should stay fine.. just make sure there's a nice big clump of hair below the bead to help hold it in place.

-------------

Posted By: MenaceIISociety
Date Posted: December 29 2004 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by emilee emilee wrote:

you should wait a little while before you put beads into them, wait until they are a little tighter. try weaving your lose hairs into close dreads.. even use a crochet hook or something to weave them through, then when your dreads are a little bit older you can put the beads in & they should stay fine.. just make sure there's a nice big clump of hair below the bead to help hold it in place.
true

-------------

Print Page | Close Window