Forum Name: Reality Show Talk
Forum Description: Discuss today's top new reality shows
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=18040
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:25am

Topic: New Reality Show set in Hair Salon
Posted By: wozziewoo
Subject: New Reality Show set in Hair Salon
Date Posted: June 12 2003 at 11:17pm
All I have to say is it's about time. I read an article in my local newspaper today about a new reality show that will be airing on Oxygen. It takes place in a hair salon, & shows the daily dramas & goings on of the sylists, other employees, & clients, & of course it will show women getting thier hair cut.

Replies:
Posted By: tina m
Date Posted: June 13 2003 at 8:02pm
Interesting ! Might have to check it out!
Thanks for letting us know about it!

-------------
tina

Posted By: LiliBeach
Date Posted: June 13 2003 at 9:36pm
Oh so Wayyyyy Coolll!!!!

I have to check that out!!!!

Let us know when this comes on!!!!

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: June 14 2003 at 2:40am
Sounds like a winner. I love to just sit under the hairdryer and watch people in the salon when they don't think I am watching them. :-)

It is funny but a male friend of mine who absolutely hates the bachelor shows, really enjoys Top Model. He told me that it is so real to life that he can't stop watching. A lot like what Lili said about Big Brother. I think a beauty salon would be so real to life.

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: June 16 2003 at 11:54am
This'll actually be an American version of a British show. Check out: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/thesalon/index.html - http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/thesalon/index.html

And I can only explain some of the cuts as, "It must be fashionable in London...".

JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Posted By: Isla Q.
Date Posted: June 16 2003 at 2:33pm
A similar show aired in Holland a few years ago. I think it was taken off the air prematurely due to poor ratings. Hope the American show does better.

-------------

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: June 16 2003 at 3:45pm
Most of our reality shows come from England and Holland. It actually could be quite clever. Not only can the staff be picked for how interesting TV personalities they'll be, but the clients can be selected the same way. The stylists won't know what to expect.

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: June 17 2003 at 9:06pm
There was an article in Vanity Fair recently about the two guys that cook up a lot of the reality shows that make it to the US. They said that they did get inspiration from Europe. They also are best friends but compete head to head to win the ratings. Bachelor 1, 2, 3 did well but Joe Millionaire which was a psuedo rip off of Bachelor kicked major ratings butt. For Love Or Money is doing really well too. Fascinating stuff. Like a car wreck that we can't stop watching.

Posted By: crazzzycait
Date Posted: July 07 2003 at 3:37am
Stupid basic cable..I don't get Oxygen channel..I didn't even get it with digital cable.

I can't ask for it from my parents..'hey mom and dad, can we order this channel so I can watch people get their haircut'..somehow I doubt they'll do anything but laugh.

-------------
escucha el ritmo de tu corazon...te amo. <3 caiter tot

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: July 09 2003 at 3:21am
Well what the hell. Give it a try. The salon reality show has to be a blast.

Posted By: tony9999
Date Posted: August 16 2003 at 5:48am
Well I just got digital and have the channel. Anyone know when this is supposed to air?

-------------
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!

Posted By: Corkscrew
Date Posted: August 23 2003 at 6:45am
Same question as Tony as I didn't see any answer ... when does it air, or is it already on?

Can't wait!

-------------

Posted By: LucasMoore
Date Posted: September 28 2013 at 12:24am
Oh so Way Cool. I have to check that out!!!!    

Print Page | Close Window