Forum Name: Asian Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special hair needs of people of Asian descent
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=18083
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 12:21am

Topic: Hot Oils For Asian Hair?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Hot Oils For Asian Hair?
Date Posted: March 01 2003 at 10:05am
I have tried olive oil but it is too heavy. Any suggestions for other oils?

Replies:
Posted By: turquoise_girl
Date Posted: March 01 2003 at 12:57pm
Possibly jojoba or monoi oil...

-------------

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: March 02 2003 at 8:26am
I suggest Coconut oil - the heavy, unrefined, unfractionated type that has a gorgeous smell because it has not had any of it's natural therapeautic properties chemically removed in the refinement process. Apply only a little. It is not sticky like olive oil - and spreads easily. It should be solid at 15 degrees celsius. Use a clean spoon to pick some out of the jar and melt in in your hand.

The Cocounut is traditionally used in asian/eastern cultures for achieving long, thick, black hair in excellent condition. It is used as both a pre-wash oil and as a post-wash conditioner. In Japan, Malaysia and Indonesia the past generations even used Cocunut milk for washing and cocunut oil for conditioning. In India and Pakistan, the ladies and gentlemen wear it in their hair all the time for conditioning and sun protection. On occasion, they have a "champi" - a vigourous head massage using this oil for stimulation of the follicular roots for improved growth.
As a hot oil, the hair is saturated with Coconut oil, then a towel, with it's centre dipped in very hot water is wrung out and a turban is made over the head. This is done every 5 minutes for 20 minutes.
At the end of this treatment, the hair is washed with a natural herbal power or a synthetic shampoo.

Hope that helps.

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: joec
Date Posted: January 24 2004 at 12:25am
Uzma
Will this Correct damaged hair as well?

-------------

Posted By: sexypineapples
Date Posted: January 24 2004 at 9:47pm
Every 8-10 weeks or so, I go to a salon in New York to get a hot oil treatment. I don't know what they use, but it doesn't look like oil. It's more like a white cream. It works really well though

-------------
I love you~!!!!!!!!

Print Page | Close Window