Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=18309
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 6:19pm

Topic: Hair change
Posted By: elizaxo
Subject: Hair change
Date Posted: March 20 2003 at 11:22am
Help. My natural hair color is a level 3, I've been coloring it with a light auburn and it it naturaly wavy, and I got grays, I would like to do something bold with the color or high lights but because of the gray showing I color it every 5 to 6 wks can anyone suggest something to get me out of this rut?

Replies:
Posted By: wittils
Date Posted: March 22 2003 at 12:46pm
I am not a professional so when I hear level 3 I think of permanent color, level 2 being semi-permanent. So I am not sure what your natural color is. It is dyed a light auburn tho and you want a drastic change.

Okay... highlights should be left for a professional to do. A color weave would be pretty, NOT the pull-the-hair-through-the- cap thing. The color weave in time would blend the line of demarcation from past dying your hair and possibly your gray strands will not be so noticible. With lighter hair this is true.

My hair is light enough that my few gray strands become highlights if I use a semi-permanent, even with a permanent dye I have natural highlights coming through.

I purposely highlighted my hair almost a month ago, now I regret that. But I put a semi-permanent over it just today and it looks pretty. I really like Natural Instincts. I should just stop everything and just use it.

Sorry I can't be of more encouragement. But if you decide to do something drastic, there will be the upkeep to consider.

-------------
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.

Print Page | Close Window