Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=18987
Printed Date: May 21 2024 at 9:33pm

Topic: A cheaper highlight method?
Posted By: lunette
Subject: A cheaper highlight method?
Date Posted: October 19 2004 at 11:44am
Hello, I recently got my hair highlighted knowing too little about what I wanted and ended up with unimpressive results. I am scheduled for another appointment to add more highlights as there are so few now and I really want more. In fact, I would like almost my whole head to be of lighter color aside from a few strands to give it the appearance of texture. What I was wondering about is if anyone knows of a cheaper method to get more highlights - instead of getting the majority of strands colored, could the stylist instead cover a few spots with foil and sort of "paint" over the rest as if my whole head is being dyed one color? I imagine that this would be cheaper because it involves less work and time. Please let me know what you think! Thank you.

Replies:
Posted By: korsakovhatt3
Date Posted: October 19 2004 at 3:22pm
Absolutely. You can get fewer foils (with more strands in each one). Some of your natural colour can be left as low-lights. This can be done over your entire head to give you a dimensional blonde colour. I've had it done this way with two different shades of hi-lift blonde (rather than bleach) and I loved the look. If the stylist you go to tries to discourage you against this, find a colourist who will do it. You can get an over-all blonde look this way and you'll only have to get it re-done every 3 months or so because there won't be any obvious roots.

-------------
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)

Posted By: harvestmoon
Date Posted: October 20 2004 at 10:12am
Yes you can surely do that. I have had mine that way before. I'm naturally a dark blonde and I had my hair done with the foils real heavy to be a lighter blonde and it turned out great. But dependeing on how fast your hair grows I did have to have mine touched up every 6-8 weeks. Having your own natural color blended in helps disguise your roots though.

Sherry

-------------

Print Page | Close Window