Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19134
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 3:48am

Topic: highlight contrasts
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: highlight contrasts
Date Posted: December 10 2004 at 9:37pm
I like highlights, but I see too many girls with cheesy bad highlihghts.. i don't like when they're all stripy or obvious. i like when it's either subtle or a little punky.. not when it's like striped panels. i especially dislike how it seems like every brunette girl needs to get a bunch of inappropriate blond highlights all over.

i'm getting highlights next week but i'm a little nervous that i won't like it. i like the idea of adding colour, but highlights sometimes seem cliched. should i have asked to have my whole head colored instead of highlights? the stylist wants to go 2 tones lighter in the highlights.. is that close enough to my natural tone to look okay?

Replies:
Date Posted: December 10 2004 at 9:54pm
sounds like the highlights SHOULD be ok...as long as their natural and your stylist knows that...better yet, find a pic you like a take it with you

or get lowlights, my friend gets those and they looks wonderful on her

Date Posted: December 11 2004 at 9:24am
hey i hav highlights i did hav the rly obvious ones ages ago wen i was like 12, but now i hav ones that mix in mor wit my hair n look prety natural so its al gd, umm wit urs, jus make sur they kno u dnt want masiv stripes dwn ur head, they'l kno wa u mean n then they mite do lots of little ones that mix in wit ur hair colour, but r noticeable, but that dnt look mingin!
gd luck! xxxxx

Print Page | Close Window