Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19330
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 6:15pm

Topic: highlights gone wrong
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: highlights gone wrong
Date Posted: February 19 2005 at 11:36pm
I have been highlighting my daughters hair for a least the last year and a half and always had really good results. This time was a disaster. I pulled her hair through a cap as usual but the end result was that it didn''t get the roots and the part that was highlighted is choppy looking and different shades of blonde. I would say that now the most of her hair is some shade of blonde. It doesn''t look highlighted anymore and the crown of her head looks like layers of different colors of blonde with dark roots. What can I do to correct this? She is not willing to go to a salon. What can I do at home? It would look better if it was just all of the same color blonde. Can I use a product like Loreal to color all of her hair to make it more uniform appearing?

Replies:
Posted By: Innamorata594
Date Posted: February 21 2005 at 2:54pm
depending on her natural color if you put a blonde shade over her whole head, it may turn the remaining unbleached strands orange..You can only lift hair two levels....Also--caps are a terrible way to go as far as highlighting goes...If you eliminated all options of getting a professional fix and must go the drugstore route, I would go find a color as close to her natural shade as possible and color over her entire head with it. If you keep trying to make it blonder, your just digging the hole your already in even deeper. Youll just keep getting yourself into more and more problems...

-------------
Sara

Posted By: babygurlz_all_that
Date Posted: February 22 2005 at 5:00pm
Sounds like to me that you did not leave it on her hair long enough to develop completely. I would say put a darker color over it but she will still have spots that are darker and lighter because of the already blonde spots. I would seek a professionals help.

-------------
"Its only hair, it will grow back"

Print Page | Close Window