Print Page | Close Window

A question about extensions?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19440
Printed Date: May 16 2024 at 6:27pm

Topic: A question about extensions?
Posted By: bonkers
Subject: A question about extensions?
Date Posted: May 21 2003 at 10:05pm
This may sound stupid but I have to ask, I heard that some extensions (the ones that are human hair) sometimes come from dead people is that true? Also, is sythetic hair just as good as human hair? I my hair is very short at the crown (2inches) and I have extensions glued in strand by strand, then how will they glue to the crown without it showing?
Thanks for any info.
Kathy

-------------
kathy

Replies:
Posted By: LiliBeach
Date Posted: May 21 2003 at 10:39pm
No, natural hair extensions do not come from dead people. Depending on the quality and price, the most of them are from Malaysa. The women there brush their hair over a box and sell it to a company that is located there. They also cut there hair on occasion to sell to them. You can usually tell the Malaysa hair because of its thickness and stiffness. More high quality extensions and made from hair that is sold to the company from individuals here in USA. There are also rumors that the Malaysa hair has lice. This is also not true. Lice cannot live without a blood supply for very long.

As far as synthetic hair, it is usually stiffer and shinier. The downfall is you cannot curl it. So, you are stuck with whatever curl formation it begins with. If you try to curl it with any form of heat, it will melt and smell terrible.

To answer your "glueing" question, I'm not that informed on that.

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: June 01 2003 at 10:16pm
Direct heat will melt extensions. You can use steam heat or hot rollers on synthetic extensions (I have for years) without harming them, as long as the heat is not too much.

Print Page | Close Window