Print Page | Close Window

Coloring Hair Extensions?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19449
Printed Date: September 16 2024 at 3:25pm

Topic: Coloring Hair Extensions?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Coloring Hair Extensions?
Date Posted: July 03 2003 at 6:07am
The human hair extensions added to my hair are too dark. Can they be colored? Thank you.

Replies:
Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: July 04 2003 at 8:40am
My recommendation would be to ask a stylist experienced with color. Although, I'm sure, most will recommend against it, since they are human, they've obviously been colored at least once.

I think a lot depends on the quality of the hair and exactly what you want done. Going lighter, however, may involve stripping the color and redepositing another color -- very tricky.

Unless you haven't invested a lot of money in them (and don't mind if they're ruined), I'd really leave this one in the hands of someone highly experienced in color.

-------------

Posted By: Lulubell
Date Posted: July 12 2003 at 8:29pm
So, if I have my hair highlighted to blonde every 6 weeks, what do I do about the extensions. Do I have to go to my natural color?

-------------

Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: July 12 2003 at 8:40pm
Quote o, if I have my hair highlighted to blonde every 6 weeks, what do I do about the extensions. Do I have to go to my natural color?

What I would do is color your natural hair however you like it; then match the color of your extensions to your hair (no matter if it's natural or colored).

-------------

Print Page | Close Window