Forum Name: Men's 360 Waves Archives
Forum Description: Archive of the old Men's 360 Waves Forum
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2032
Printed Date: June 24 2024 at 8:28am

Topic: Need some waves
Posted By: pimped_out
Subject: Need some waves
Date Posted: April 25 2003 at 11:52pm
Hey wassup yall.I am a guy thats obsessed with waves.I'm 16 yrs old.I think waves are very neat.I was browsing the internet and this site came up.I want waves in ma hair but I dont know to get them.So could yall tell what to do get some nice waves please?Thanks yall.

Replies:
Posted By: e_mart816
Date Posted: January 01 2004 at 2:34pm
some people say brush hair in hot water

-------------

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: February 20 2004 at 1:42pm
really you brush your hair mad times at night. all around.front sides and back. then you put your du-rag on and in the mourning, brush it again and put the du-rag back on.your hair has to be clean though nd thoroughly greased.

Date Posted: March 04 2004 at 9:58pm
I know how.I have waves my self.First wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner at the same time.Then when you get out the shower leave your hair wet and get some grease.Get about a quarter size of grease.Rub it around your head.Now brush your hair.Brush the top forward.Brush the back backwards and brush the sides down.Brush hair for about 5 minutes and put your durag on.When you wake up in teh morning brush hair again for 5 minutes and you should have waves.

Date Posted: March 07 2004 at 10:32pm
hey what kind of gress is the best

Posted By: Young
Date Posted: March 08 2004 at 12:53am
dax is kool but i use 360 /it works but u just don't get waves over night u got to work for them keep ur brush on u at all time and have a ccol babra that can cut sick i get my hair going with the grain and my waves will make a nigga or girl sea sick

Posted By: RubberBandMan
Date Posted: March 15 2004 at 3:31pm
first of all your hair haz to be short right?.. but can u get waves wit straight hair?

Date Posted: March 23 2004 at 8:37pm
can chinese ppl get waves? n how?

Posted By: Bjanbkboi
Date Posted: March 29 2004 at 8:33pm
hey can u help me 2. im 15 an i got sum waves at the top of my head but im aimin for sum 360's. i was wonderin wat was the best route to go, should i use that s-curl texturizer and use wave pomade or should i just go a different route. i use 360 style an i brush it. i wear my durag at home an wen im asleep so wat else should i do an how long will it take? thanx

Date Posted: April 13 2004 at 10:58pm
this may be a dumb*** question but here goes: when you say brush the hair backwards do u mean up or down?!

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: April 14 2004 at 5:35pm
lol kevin i see u in here too

brush the hair in the direction it grows meaning comb the back hair towards your neck...the front hair towards the forhead and the sides towards the ear or whatever direction it is...

some people dont get the waves all at one time u may have waves in the front and not at the back they should eventually appear tho i hear it takes a while i asked my boys....

and they said to use 360 waves by s curl

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: April 17 2004 at 9:31pm
how long would u say a "while" would be?

Date Posted: April 20 2004 at 3:27pm
For me, I follow the technique like the guy said above, wash you hair and and get out the shower, and i pass the towel over it only once once(hair should still be pretty wet) and put the grease in(when i was starting I used the sportin waves in the gold can holds strong and washes out better than dax) follow the directions on the amount to use and massage it evenly into hair. then brush in the proper direction; I imagine the the top of my head (were most ppl get the swirl) is the middle of my circle, and i brush out from there in all directions(top = brush forward, side = brush to temples, between top and ear= brush down toward ear, back = brush toward neck). After that i place on my stocking cap, and call it a night. I personally like stocking caps over durags b/c all the hair is held down better and more even that way, and if you get the ones with the wider band, you don't get the marks on your forehead. Once my waves were flowing i switched to the sportin waves in the black can since it washes out better and my hair pratically laid down by itself after 2-3 months(out of the shower).

Date Posted: April 20 2004 at 3:29pm
Oh by the way, when i get ready to head out, i take of the stocking cap, and kinda brush it in the same directions mentioned to "touch up".

Date Posted: April 21 2004 at 10:36am
ok i dont know a while means not the next day... my male friends been doing theirs since highschool we are in college now i dont kow how long they actually took but I know they keep them there well.

You just have to work at it cause everyones hair will react slower or faster than the next persons

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: April 21 2004 at 1:54pm
ok i was wondering how long it takes to get waves like acouple moths or something please help
i just want to know a ball park figure cause ive been brushing my hair for a couple of weeks and i dont see any results so if u could help thanks

Date Posted: April 21 2004 at 6:58pm
uh... how long does it take to put the s-curl in your hair and style it?

Date Posted: April 22 2004 at 1:23am
Originally posted by trey trey wrote:

ok i was wondering how long it takes to get waves like acouple moths or something please help
i just want to know a ball park figure cause ive been brushing my hair for a couple of weeks and i dont see any results so if u could help thanks

dog i've had waves for 6 years my shyt is spinning i have pics on tha net to prove it all u have to do is wash your hair brush it then put some grease in it called kuza,ultrastar, it will have u spinning, wear a doo rag and u cool but if you don't have good hair it's gonna be hard it's all about the texture of your hair dog, when u put the grease in brush to your hair his silver like.

Date Posted: April 22 2004 at 3:47pm
ok i looked up kuza and ultrastar and there was nothing that had to do wit grease for waves

wat are u talking about dog

ps i was wondering the amount of time it took to get the waves

Date Posted: April 22 2004 at 3:48pm
OH yea and wat type of hair do u mean when u say good hair

please explain thanks

Posted By: Twista
Date Posted: April 22 2004 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by anthony anthony wrote:

dog i've had waves for 6 years my shyt is spinning i have pics on tha net to prove it all u have to do is wash your hair brush it then put some grease in it called kuza,ultrastar, it will have u spinning, wear a doo rag and u cool but if you don't have good hair it's gonna be hard it's all about the texture of your hair dog, when u put the grease in brush to your hair his silver like.

anthony were at the pictures? POST YOUR WAVE PICS! I got waves also and it took me about 1 month for them show. Dont give up and when you 1st startin them and your hair is long (like 3 weeks and no hair cut) and it looks like you have no waves.. well guess what YOU DO! Get your hair cut with the grease in your hair but plan like when your going to get it so... if i go saturday than i stop putting grease in my hair after thursday so my stuff is easy for the barber to cut.

Posted By: shawn
Date Posted: April 23 2004 at 12:44pm
Yo I'm going to tell you how to get waves really quick okay listen up. Wash your hair really good and then when you get out of the shower get a comb then comb for about 5 minutes then get a nice hard brush and do that for bout 15 minutes and if you have a Durag put that on overnight or during the day for 30 minutes and after 30 min take of and bam there goes the waves. People will get sea sick ight trust me I got the spinners ight peace and good luck on your new look.

Posted By: shawn
Date Posted: April 23 2004 at 12:47pm
Yo you really don't need grease but anyway the best kind is 360 style.

Date Posted: April 23 2004 at 6:09pm
a yo shawn thanks for ur adivce and trick but i got one question when u said u dont need greese wat do u mean and about the hair length u said it could be long then u can get it cut short after u get the waves

Thanx for the help peace

Date Posted: April 23 2004 at 8:46pm

a yo shawn thanks for ur adivce and trick but i got one question when u said u dont need greese wat do u mean and about the hair length u said it could be long then u can get it cut short after u get the waves

Thanx for the help peace

Grease is not needed to get waves. You may see people with small waves that dont stand out really but you see them up close. Thoses people probably just brush daily and wear a durag under a hat outside.

Hair= Start off SHORT skin low but hair. Put some pomade on there (if 360 than just put some on ur head) (if murrays, dax or sportn than use a hot towel to help soften the ****. Just throw the towel on your head 3 or 4 times till ur hair gets the wet look and not really the gel'd str8 look. Ok after maybe 3-4 weeks with no cut your hair is going to look ROUGH!! but dont give up just keep brushing and maybe go get it cut off with the grease in, but not alot and your waves should be showing, but not good just yet... it takes time but you should notice and feel the little waves impressed in your hair. Waves look good on 5week old no hair cut hair and it looks very good right after the cut and maybe 2 weeks after. If you like short waves than you better learn how to cut your own hair.

Date Posted: April 23 2004 at 8:49pm
Once again "white people" can' t get waves. I know there so some that want them.

Thanks for understanding and sorry.

Date Posted: April 27 2004 at 3:23pm
Aight look dis is how i got my waves.
1. Put shampoo in your hair and make sure its it good.
2.Add lotion into ur hair(yes while still in the shower)
3.Brush ur hair for abour 5 minutes with the last two ingredients in the way you would brush it reguraly top=foward,back=towards your neck or back,sides=towards your sideburns.
4.Now rinse your hair out while still brushing you hair.
5.dry you hair a lil bit(enuff to make sure its still damp.
6.Add sum Vaseline(Petroulum Jelly) and lotion(it dont matter wat kind as long its not hair removal or scented)
7.Then brush your hair 4 bout 5 minutes/
8.Slap on dat durang and u ready to roll.
9.let it sit 4 about 30 minutes or overnight and you should have em.
10.Brush ur hair whenever you take off the durag.

Do this procedure everytime you take a shower or wash your hair. And keep yo sh*t cut

Date Posted: April 27 2004 at 3:37pm
eh u got ur waves in one day or it took a long time

Posted By: wave man
Date Posted: April 28 2004 at 9:18am
first you wash yo hair with hot hot
water. then u put two kinds of grease in while still wet.then brush untill desire style is wanted

Date Posted: April 28 2004 at 3:32pm
[QUOTE]ave man wrote:up wards

Date Posted: April 28 2004 at 3:34pm

OH yea and wat type of hair do u mean when u say good hair

please explain thanks

trey smooth hair from wave man[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

-------------
waves

Date Posted: April 29 2004 at 1:06pm
Some good advice on here about obtaining waves. Just little insight from a "Wave Lifer". Through the Flatop, Gumbi, Braids, and locks phases, Waves still rock on!

1st- waves is all about "training" your Hair this means brushing it often. Whenever you watching TV or doing something that doesn't equire the use of your hands, BRUSH YOUR HAIR!

2nd- when I sarted, I was told by the OG to do the same things. Wash hair, Apply grease to damp hair, brush, brush, brush, and Durag it!

Absolutely true, but a few things to keep in mind. If you have nappy as hair, use Murray's at first, for all you pretty Ricky, half Rick Fox hair dudes, se Vaseline(Sp?), but remember to Brush your hair consitently, in the same direction. Doesn't matter which direction, just keep it consitent.

My man, has a part in the left side fo his head, with his wave "FALLING" to the right, it literally looks like a waterfall, Truelly Sick.

Keep doing it, AND WHATEVER YOU DO, don't cheat with those Duke , s-curl, kitty kurl formulas. That's not having waves, that's having a perm!

Date Posted: April 29 2004 at 2:17pm
yea but how do they work does it look like waves the wave kits

Date Posted: April 30 2004 at 2:03am
trey u need to really calm down and just figure out what works for your head everyones head aint the same so therefore everyones technique is right for their particular hair texture

just relax and let the hair do the work

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: April 30 2004 at 10:53pm
ok, i just got a hair cut yesterday. the top part is wavy, the back goes downwards, and the sides have no direction. which way should i brush the sides of my hair as well as the back?

Date Posted: May 01 2004 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Kevin Jenkins Kevin Jenkins wrote:

ok, i just got a hair cut yesterday. the top part is wavy, the back goes downwards, and the sides have no direction. which way should i brush the sides of my hair as well as the back?

Down. Brush the back and both sides Downwards! You get waves like mine

-------------

Date Posted: May 02 2004 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by RubberBandMan RubberBandMan wrote:

first of all your hair haz to be short right?.. but can u get waves wit straight hair?
Naw i dont think so

Date Posted: May 02 2004 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Twista Twista wrote:

Down. Brush the back and both sides Downwards! You get waves like mine

Ya, waves are tyte once you get em cuz they never go out of style, and not everyone has em. Basically all u have u do is brush brush brush, THE RIGHT WAY. I use to use grease but not anymore, it isnt good for ur skin, at least my skin anyway. I like to ball, so it just drips down on to my face and i break out, so im all natural now. But ya, just brush and wear a wave cap, and yall be straight. AND DONT STOP BRUSHIN WHEN YOUR HAIR IS LONG, THE MORE U KEEP YOUR ROUTINE UP WHEN YOUR HAIR IS LONG, THE BETTER YOUR WAVES WILL LOOK WHEN YOU GET IT CUT. People will get sea sick and need dramamine - thats seas sick medicine...lol...Holla - 1

Date Posted: May 07 2004 at 11:36pm
When that nigga say good hair he mean ppl wit full black ppl hair.afroish hair like usher

Date Posted: May 08 2004 at 7:43am
I do not think that is what he meant...good hair means healthy hair but i do not think that is what he meant...he said smooth so he meant smooth...

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: May 08 2004 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Shawn Shawn wrote:

Yo I'm going to tell you how to get waves really quick okay listen up. Wash your hair really good and then when you get out of the shower get a comb then comb for about 5 minutes then get a nice hard brush and do that for bout 15 minutes and if you have a Durag put that on overnight or during the day for 30 minutes and after 30 min take of and bam there goes the waves. People will get sea sick ight trust me I got the spinners ight peace and good luck on your new look.
You really should have a du rag to get waves it is easy.

Date Posted: May 09 2004 at 6:01pm
Hey guys...........i wanted to know how much sportin waves to place in my hair. I tend to use alot at one time....like when i get out of the shower. So help me out

Date Posted: May 09 2004 at 8:08pm
can i use sportin wave

Date Posted: May 10 2004 at 7:47pm
use enough that your hair is str8 flat down and use a hot towel to HELP melt it down. Yes you can use sportin waves (gold can) get gold can if possbile and black can is alright also. I always been told gold was best.

good luck and happy wavin

hola!

-------------

Date Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:40pm
i feel yall, i been tryna get waves 4 da longest, see i was brushin my ass off, and i noticed that ill get waves on da top of my head, and a little on da side, but my barber b cuttin against da grain, and he b****in my **** up, cuz my **** b bangin when i get it cut right, and after u get cut against da graind, u gota train yo hair back, and dats some bull****

Date Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:44pm
i got waves but can u explain the process i never understood how brushin your hair gives u waves if anyone knows thanks all i know is i brushed by hair and got waves thanks

Date Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:50pm
i don tkno how brushin yo hair helps, but b leave me it does im tellin u. all deez niggas on dis site kno what they talkin bout,jus BRUSH< BRUSH BURSH, thats all u gotta do. put yo du rag (i prefer a stocking cap cuz it lay all yo hair down, and make it even) and then jus chill, but when u aint got on yo du rag, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Date Posted: May 11 2004 at 5:37pm
Hey Yall................. wats poppin ...Edot here again.......i was wondering...when urwaves start coming in are they suppose to be even? I mean are u suppose to see some kind of uniformity , or are they all over the place then eventually become uniform.....holla Instant Message Me my aol screen name is edotthekid

Date Posted: May 11 2004 at 8:30pm
hey twista, when u say you use Murray's, what kind do u use? do u use the carrot oil or something else? also, i have been brushing my hair for about 2 weeks. i have waves in the back(finally) but the sides are a different story. i look in the mirror and see waves a lil' bit but when i move back i don't see ****. how long do u think it will take b4 i see waves all over? and should i use a hot towel after i apply the pomade??

Date Posted: May 11 2004 at 8:56pm
The fastest guarenteed wave remedy. My barber told me about it and it works. After you shower dry your hair and add some soap to your hair like the bar of soap kind of soap (i know sounds stupid but works!) spread evenly. Then brush in directions, i know theres white stuff in your hair but you can always cover that up. Do this daily once for a week and by a week your waves will be siiiiiiiiick and grooved more then a mutha. Guaranteed! This works by drying out your hair causing it to shrivel up and get that wavy look. No lie baby no lie.

Date Posted: May 11 2004 at 10:24pm

hey twista, when u say you use Murray's, what kind do u use? do u use the carrot oil or something else? also, i have been brushing my hair for about 2 weeks. i have waves in the back(finally) but the sides are a different story. i look in the mirror and see waves a lil' bit but when i move back i don't see ****. how long do u think it will take b4 i see waves all over? and should i use a hot towel after i apply the pomade??

Murrays pomade (the oragne can with the two black ppl on it with afros.) I got easy wave carrot oil also lol.. Im just a pomade freak but now im cutting down on it and letting my **** go natural with waves. Yes i use a HOT HOT rag/towel when i put pomade on and you should start to notice them when you get ur new haircut.. mayb afta 2 or 3 months.. maybe eariler.

-------------

Date Posted: May 12 2004 at 1:45pm
hey yidnek i was wondering do u put the bar of soap on ur hair and just rub it in or do u break up pieces and rub in i alread have waves but this seems to work better

Date Posted: May 12 2004 at 2:53pm
Hey yall i think that all of us should talk waves.........holla me.......... my Aol instant messenger screen name is edotthekid ..............and my waves are starting to spin!

Date Posted: May 13 2004 at 8:45pm
ok, i'm currently using Dax Wave & Groom, now tonite ima switch to Black Magic Private Collection. has any1 tried this yet and is it good or bad to switch in the middle of using a current 1??

Date Posted: May 13 2004 at 9:32pm

ok, i'm currently using Dax Wave & Groom, now tonite ima switch to Black Magic Private Collection. has any1 tried this yet and is it good or bad to switch in the middle of using a current 1??

Lol i did the same as you. Nothing bad happen.. so i guess its ok to switch up (you dont a kit in ur hair. .. so its fine) No i never heard of Black Magic Private Collection.

-------------

Date Posted: May 13 2004 at 10:36pm
should i brush the sides diagonally or downwards?

Date Posted: May 13 2004 at 11:47pm

should i brush the sides diagonally or downwards?

i do mine downward and 1 of my friends does it sidewards like ur doing the top, but i like downward. So do it downward.

-------------

Posted By: Mchammer201
Date Posted: May 14 2004 at 6:43pm
to get waves first use duke pomade and follow the some direations. And use this pomade or 3 weeks and buy proline greaseless gel and you'll and waves and they will be deeper less than a months.

-------------

Date Posted: May 14 2004 at 6:45pm
to get waves first use duke pomade and follow the some direations. And use this pomade or 3 weeks and buy proline greaseless gel and you'll and waves and they will be deeper less than a months.

-------------

Date Posted: May 14 2004 at 6:46pm

-------------

Date Posted: May 14 2004 at 6:46pm

-------------

Date Posted: May 16 2004 at 2:53pm
well i found a seret its called the square town secrethis is the face way your hair to be really short then you brush in all the directions ur hair grown then you take a comb and go form one side of ur head to another then you put i wave cap on its kind of hard to expalin but it workd for me and you cant even tell the diffrence

Date Posted: May 16 2004 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by stevie bown stevie bown wrote:

well i found a seret its called the square town secrethis is the face way your hair to be really short then you brush in all the directions ur hair grown then you take a comb and go form one side of ur head to another then you put i wave cap on its kind of hard to expalin but it workd for me and you cant even tell the diffrence

i have no idea what you just said.

-------------

Date Posted: May 17 2004 at 4:20pm

you have to put some kind of grease in your hair and wear a du-rag

Date Posted: May 17 2004 at 5:09pm
yea i know buddy i already have waves
360 at that
that post was old

Date Posted: May 17 2004 at 5:58pm
Hey yall i think that all of us should talk waves.........holla me.......... my Aol instant messenger screen name is edotthekid ..............and my waves are starting to spin!

Yea.......... and my waves are getting very deep. I recommend that if u really want your hair to be good b4 getting your waves, i think u should use a certain type of grease. I say this for ppl with straight hair like peurto rican. I am mixed with indian and -0 when i get a low ceasar, my hair is like spiky, so i use "Idian Temp". It comes in 3 kinds... "Hair Food", "Herbal Grow", and some other one. I use that unitl my hair gets long enough for waves.........I like to mix some conditioner with the grease to make my hair soft. Then i do this for like 2 weeks until my haior begins to lay down. Then i get my sportin wave (black can)......do the usual procedure of taking a shower or wetting my hair or dampin it with a hot towel, then i put some sportin waves in, then I brush real good for like 5 minutes, in the directions i want my waves.......... I use a hair boar bristle brush....Actually i have like 6 brushes but i use my soft brush and hard brush(Ebony and Ivory). My hair is thick, so when I'm starting to get my waves, i use the hard brush, then when they come in i still use the hard brush when i brush my hair before going to sleep, but when i get to school i use my soft bristle brush (Ebony) to touch my waves up. If you have nappy hair its all good....i prefer nappy hair b/c the waves look the best after you get you cut, plus they are uniformed (my waves are neat but aren't like really uniformed b/c my hair isn't nappy).

Other Tips: I recommed that you guys just brush your hair whenever you have time. I really doesn't make a different when your in the process of getting your waves (put this doesn't mean that you shouldn't brush your hair alot after u place on ur durag and the wave promade) but after you get them i think you should brush your hair in your spare time.............it makes your waves look better and netter. I also think that you shouldn't get a hair cut for about 3-4 weeks, depending on your hair growth, b/c you want your waves to set in to the scalp. And please..............please......... chill with the fades...they are played, the only one i give props is nelly for the fade...............because he keeps his waves spinning. I suggest ceasars, preferably dark, because ur waves are more noticable(and b/c i dont like the way my hair spikes up when i get a low ceasar -_-). I really hope that i helped you guys out......if yall have any wave questions, ill be glad to help you guys out on the message board, or just IM. AOL instant messenger screen name : edotthekid Holla at me.

---------Edot

Date Posted: May 17 2004 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Edot Edot wrote:

Yea.......... and my waves are getting very deep. I recommend that if u really want your hair to be good b4 getting your waves, i think u should use a certain type of grease. I say this for ppl with straight hair like peurto rican. I am mixed with indian and -0 when i get a low ceasar, my hair is like spiky, so i use "Idian Temp". It comes in 3 kinds... "Hair Food", "Herbal Grow", and some other one. I use that unitl my hair gets long enough for waves.........I like to mix some conditioner with the grease to make my hair soft. Then i do this for like 2 weeks until my haior begins to lay down. Then i get my sportin wave (black can)......do the usual procedure of taking a shower or wetting my hair or dampin it with a hot towel, then i put some sportin waves in, then I brush real good for like 5 minutes, in the directions i want my waves.......... I use a hair boar bristle brush....Actually i have like 6 brushes but i use my soft brush and hard brush(Ebony and Ivory). My hair is thick, so when I'm starting to get my waves, i use the hard brush, then when they come in i still use the hard brush when i brush my hair before going to sleep, but when i get to school i use my soft bristle brush (Ebony) to touch my waves up. If you have nappy hair its all good....i prefer nappy hair b/c the waves look the best after you get you cut, plus they are uniformed (my waves are neat but aren't like really uniformed b/c my hair isn't nappy).

Other Tips: I recommed that you guys just brush your hair whenever you have time. I really doesn't make a different when your in the process of getting your waves (put this doesn't mean that you shouldn't brush your hair alot after u place on ur durag and the wave promade) but after you get them i think you should brush your hair in your spare time.............it makes your waves look better and netter. I also think that you shouldn't get a hair cut for about 3-4 weeks, depending on your hair growth, b/c you want your waves to set in to the scalp. And please..............please......... chill with the fades...they are played, the only one i give props is nelly for the fade...............because he keeps his waves spinning. I suggest ceasars, preferably dark, because ur waves are more noticable(and b/c i dont like the way my hair spikes up when i get a low ceasar -_-). I really hope that i helped you guys out......if yall have any wave questions, ill be glad to help you guys out on the message board, or just IM. AOL instant messenger screen name : edotthekid Holla at me.

---------Edot

Welcome. This thread is growing big. Nelly **** is tight though.

-------------

Date Posted: May 18 2004 at 10:13pm
I can't stand DAX Wave&Groom. it's hard as **** to wash out. i'll get Proline Greaseless Gel instead. i heard it gives you deeper waves. anyone tried this out?

Date Posted: May 21 2004 at 3:34pm
Holla ........its the Kid. If your dax is hard to wash out (as i expect it to be, cause its crazy thick and dense), i think you should try sportin waves...ima tell you honestly, when ur damped ur hair and put it on, its thick in ur hair but as soon as it hits your scalpe it softens right into your hair. But the wave gels work also, my friend T-Mac (aka Nellz) uses it....has been for bout a 3 weeks and his waves are deep...but only in the front, they are coming in on the side slowly. I say try what works best for you.

Date Posted: May 21 2004 at 8:23pm
I don't understand how Nelly's waves are thick cause where can he find time in his busy schedule to brush his hair constantly????

Date Posted: May 21 2004 at 9:28pm
hey twista, if ya still out there: did u just use Luster 360 by itseft or did u use a wave gel and the 360?

Date Posted: May 21 2004 at 10:16pm

hey twista, if ya still out there: did u just use Luster 360 by itseft or did u use a wave gel and the 360?

:/ i used 360, murrays, carrot oil and gold sport'n. Right now im actully just using a very alittle sport'n and lot of pink oil. The waves i got now came quickest with murrays for some reason.. for me.. dunno about you.

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2004 at 10:32pm
so u would just put in the pink oil, brush, then put in the murrays or whatever OR u would just rub the pink oil into your hair, then put in the pomade and brush??

Posted By: Tree
Date Posted: May 22 2004 at 11:32am
yerp i got spinnas well i'mma call em semi-spinnas
i have rican like waves on the top flowin,my back got a few waves like 5 or 6 lines,now my sides isn't spinnin at all its just curly.....i'm tryna get dat 360 connection going on.I want my spinnas 2 look like a car was doing donuts in my head some tell me what i need 2 do.Like what texture brush to use,what kind of grease.......

Posted By: JiggaMan
Date Posted: May 22 2004 at 6:42pm
Check out some pics of my hair at this link...

http://community.webshots.com/album/145115888jtMXTP - http://community.webshots.com/album/145115888jtMXTP

Date Posted: May 22 2004 at 8:33pm
yea dats hot man

Date Posted: May 22 2004 at 9:52pm
Quote don't understand how Nelly's waves are thick cause where can he find time in his busy schedule to brush his hair constantly????

What you mean you dont understand? Its not that hard and time consuming to brush your hair. He do it off cam, before he get on tv, before he take shot on video, could be while recording songs you dont just do a whole song in a studio you do songs over and over until they are right and usually do bits and pieces of the song at that, probably while in the car and he has a hair stylist. So is your question answered? Don't take that long to brush anything.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Date Posted: May 26 2004 at 2:20pm
if u iz black and got long hair brush youa hair and not comb it brush youa at least 3 times a day then when u get da hair cut you'll get da wave but it'll depend on how much u brush youa. aight 1

Date Posted: May 26 2004 at 4:00pm
i want some 360 FBAOLOUS type of waves

nebody got **** liekd at cept for him??

how yall do it

Date Posted: May 26 2004 at 4:26pm
i wanna know how to get waves in my hair but my hair is long with perm ive had em before but they went away when i got the perm but ive seen celebs with waves in their permed/strait hair

Date Posted: May 26 2004 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Shawnw Shawnw wrote:

i wanna know how to get waves in my hair but my hair is long with perm ive had em before but they went away when i got the perm but ive seen celebs with waves in their permed/strait hair

What celeb. guy has waves with a perm/strait hair? If you cut ur hair down REAL low and start than mayb u could get them.

-------------

Date Posted: May 26 2004 at 10:05pm
hey ive been gettin some waves comin in but i was wonderin..

if you always have your wave cap or du-rag on will the rubbing against your hair cause it to fade or stop growing? i dont want my hair to wear down due the the tightness of the du-rag (especially in the back where u tie it)

have any of you who have been wearing du-rags constantly seen any hairloss?

Date Posted: May 29 2004 at 1:57am
oh yea im wonderin if people with asian hair can get waves if so and how?

Posted By: seaTown
Date Posted: May 29 2004 at 11:34am
DAmn Jigga!

You doin the same stuff every1 else does? My waves never look that good when my hair is short like that.

Tell us ur secret! Lol

-------------

United Waves of America

Date Posted: May 29 2004 at 9:00pm
i was wondering if waves are possible if a person has straight but very short like close to skin hair... has any every done this, imma give it a shot. lemme know if anyone has ever dun it. thanx.

Date Posted: May 31 2004 at 12:23am
yo seatown, I use that scurl 360Style in the blue can...just follow the instructions and don't cut your hair for a while even if you can't see waves...you could prolly see them but since your hair grew it wouldn't show that much...i just took shape-ups when i went to the barber but let it grow some and BRUSH it...that's how it looked when I cut it

http://community.webshots.com/album/145115888jtMXTP - http://community.webshots.com/album/145115888jtMXTP

Posted By: MenaceIISociety
Date Posted: May 31 2004 at 3:34am
Tite waves Jigga man. im using just plain grease now not the 360 s-curl, but my waves are still startin to spin. Ive only been brushin fo like 2 weeks, just got started.

-------------

Posted By: phillyphil
Date Posted: June 01 2004 at 9:07pm
jigga man got the hottest waves on this board.do you carry a brush with you everywhere u go or u only do it certain times aday??

-------------

Date Posted: June 01 2004 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by phillyphil phillyphil wrote:

jigga man got the hottest waves on this board.do you carry a brush with you everywhere u go or u only do it certain times aday??

Jermey waves are tighta

-------------

Date Posted: June 01 2004 at 10:05pm
actually (cant edit my above post) both of there waves are tight. My **** is slow atm, mayb b/c i slowed down and my friend stole my pomade but he says borrowed, that *****. Im just makin due with what i got which is carrot oil and murrays and pink oil.

-------------

Date Posted: June 01 2004 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by twista twista wrote:

Jermey waves are tighta

Is there a pic of Jeremy's waves on the board?

-------------

United Waves of America

Date Posted: June 01 2004 at 11:18pm
I don't take my brush with me but when I'm at home I brush it...but it looks way better when my hair grows a lil bit more, I'ma try to get pics when my hair is a lil longer

Date Posted: June 01 2004 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by seaTown seaTown wrote:

Originally posted by twista twista wrote:

Jermey waves are tighta

Is there a pic of Jeremy's waves on the board?

hell yah. Its down but check l8r on here: www.cashflow-world.com

-------------

Date Posted: June 02 2004 at 12:51am
Do you think jermeys waves are better than Nellys Twista, out of all the nelly pics you saw?

-------------

Date Posted: June 03 2004 at 12:24am
Found jeremy's site through the net archive site. Not sure how old these photos are... it's says 2002.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030609031301/cashflow-world.com/ - http://web.archive.org/web/20030609031301/cashflow-world.com/

The waves is hot. How old is this dude? http:// -

-------------

United Waves of America

Date Posted: June 03 2004 at 3:12am
jermey said it took him like 3 yrs to get his waves spinnin like that.

-------------

Date Posted: June 03 2004 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by seaTown seaTown wrote:

Found jeremy's site through the net archive site. Not sure how old these photos are... it's says 2002.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030609031301/cashflow-world.com/ - http://web.archive.org/web/20030609031301/cashflow-world.com/

The waves is hot. How old is this dude? http:// -

prob like 15-16 or sumthing around there.. maybe 17

-------------

Date Posted: June 08 2004 at 3:32pm
when i wake up every morning, i just got waves poppen in the back, a little on the sides and none on top. What am i doing wrong?

Date Posted: June 08 2004 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Bart Simpson Bart Simpson wrote:

when i wake up every morning, i just got waves poppen in the back, a little on the sides and none on top. What am i doing wrong?

1st of all u aint black.. u yellow and 2nd of all u got spikes in yo head.. u bart simpson.. lol. u brushin the top forward right?

-------------

Posted By: Ricky
Date Posted: June 11 2004 at 4:34pm
I GOT SOME WAVES AT THE BACK AND SIDES BUT NOT AT THE TOP I AINT CUT MA SH*T IN TWO WEEKS I USUALLY GET IT CUT EVERY SATURDAY HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT UNTIL I CUT MY HAIR NOW THAT I AM TRYING TO GET WAVES I USE THE SPORTIN WAVES IN THE GOLD CAN

Print Page | Close Window