Print Page | Close Window

shorter hair, beginner

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20391
Printed Date: October 05 2024 at 5:27am

Topic: shorter hair, beginner
Posted By: Bryan
Subject: shorter hair, beginner
Date Posted: February 24 2005 at 2:41pm
i want to use shrinkies to get my hair down to my shoulders or longer. i have naturally curly hair, and want to have the extensions be curly as well. i want to use human hair, and i want to do the whole head, including the partline. i dont really care if the shrinkies show, i kinda like that piecy look. i was just wondering how to do it, and get it to come out right. is there some trick (other than having someone else do it for you) to get the back? andy tips would be helpful

Replies:
Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: February 24 2005 at 5:51pm
Hi Bryan,

I would suggest you search the archives for all posts on shrinkies (there are many). AMM, in particular, as well as Amanda and others, have described the process in vast detail and have done some troubleshooting when others have had difficulties. Doc Locks also has a basic tutorial on her website, and AMM has a tutorial on pretipping.

Beyond reading their posts, my advice would be: 1) Use the shrinkies from Doc Locks (rather than the knock-off or generic versions); 2) Use a double-sided heat clamp, like the one from Doc's or Haircandy.net (rather than a flatiron or single-sided wand); 3) Make sure to pretip the strands following the directions and let them cure for the recommended time; 4) Do lots of testing before you attempt to do you whole head (try some strands on scrap hair or a wig first, then install a few in your head, and when you're sure you have the technique down, then install a headful).

Good luck! :)

-------------
http://www.beautyaddictmag.com - www.beautyaddictmag.com

Print Page | Close Window