Print Page | Close Window

Dome/PH after One Month

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20446
Printed Date: October 05 2024 at 5:23am

Topic: Dome/PH after One Month
Posted By: MERGUTHRIE
Subject: Dome/PH after One Month
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 12:36am
After One Month 7 washes 4 blowdries.

Ok, saw Jenna at dareyourhair.com
b4 pic

Used, moist rusk shampoo, golwell conditioner, seaplasma and biosilk. hair is lovely now. wave came out
but was back after a night in a braid.

(had red removed and pink installed (and blonde)

one month out from original install.

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Replies:
Posted By: Save~A~Stray
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:05am
Mer~ You're hair looks lovely!!

Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:40am
Mer,

It's beautiful! I just love the pink.

But I'm confused. The top pic is the original install from Kris when you first had it done, right? And I assume the bottom pic is of the new install you just had done, right? So, is the middle pic of the old hair or the new hair? Am I correct in assuming you washed the new hair once, it lost the wave, then you slept with it in a braid? Did you reuse any of the hair from the original install, or is it all new now? Did you use all PH this time, or some Dome too?

I'm just trying to figure out if you were able to "rehbilitate" the old hair via steaming or blow-drying or some other method or you just switched it all out and started fresh. In other words, before you went to Jenna, was it still bunchy, or had you managed to make it look new again on your own?

Again, the hair is gorgeous!!!

:)

-------------
http://www.beautyaddictmag.com - www.beautyaddictmag.com

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 5:44am
Hey Mer, your hair looks GREAT...love the pink! Bigger pictures please dear!

-------------
www.hairextensions101.com - www.hairextensions101.com
www.mybeautyaddiction.com - www.mybeautyaddiction.com

Posted By: darthmom
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 7:13am
it looks great! I love the pink!!!

Posted By: divinediva
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 8:02am
Wow- it looks fab!!. I do prefer the pink....very sweet. The hair looks alot more realistic now than it did in the b4 pics!

luv it!

xx

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 9:56am
Ok, Thank you All.

Here's the deal.
The top pic is the original install with Kris Topher in NYC:

The red above sent sent was straight and was supposed to be wave so it never quite looked right from day one.

b4 I went to Jenna, it pretty much looked like this. Note my nephew, Thayer heehee. (I was in NJ for the week helping my sister move there from CT ie why I was close to PA to see Jenna)

The next pictures are on my way home from Jenna's at Dareyourhair.com in PA

Jenna also did my roots. She ONLY removed the red which was equal to one pack of PH and replaced it with pink AND blonde. For every streak or pinchbraid or red she removed, she replaced it with a pinchbraid of half pink and half blonde. (softer look) The pink was wavy instead of the red straight sara sent me by accident. (sara fixed the mistake with NO PROBLEM btw.excellent cust serv) She didn't touch any of my other pinchbraids other than to remove a few i felt i couldn't camoflage too well.

After Jenna did my hair, for the FIRST TIME, all of my wave was completely gone. I was SCARED, but thought I would buy rollers if I had too. (note the above pics are STRAIGHT hair.)

Jenna used Rusk MOIST, Goldwell Conditioner, SeaPlasma and biosilk, and after feeling my hair, i left with all those products. she even used a non boar bristle brush, but with little teeny balls on the end. she had me use it too and i had no trouble. my hair was the softest it has EVER been.

That night, I put my hair in a braid. The next morning I woke with this.

I went to Sallys and bought Biosilk generic 5.99, to test it, Flasher to test it (1.49 trial), a super looper brush 6.99, and a paddle brush like she used on me.

The super looper brush is amazing thus far.

I did not make it look good. Jenna did.

Sherrie- bigger pics as you requested!
Sorry about the toilet, it was the only room in my sisters house with good light hahaha and i wanted to take a pic for you guys the day after LOL

The reason it looks more realistic i think is bc about the less amount of colored hair AND the WAVINESS.

I couldn't write all this last night bc we got in from NJ at 2 AM and it was not only a long drive but we ahd been moving and unpacking all week and I was juyst beat, but addicted enough to have to write at least LOL

edit: damn photos

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Posted By: darthmom
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:42am
You know, it looks really great straight, too. I wouldn't even bother with waving, I think the straight looks fantastic. But again, love the colors!! That pale pink is great with the blonde.

-------------

Posted By: Bridget
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:49am
Mer, I love the soft pink!

-------------
It is what it is...

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 11:07am
the hair looks so smooth, pretty and straight aft er. did your girl use a hairdyer or steam to smooth it?

Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 11:08am
Vote here for the soft pink too. IMO I like it much better than the red (but I am a pink person anyway ).. Just BEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 12:20pm
Thank you guys. I feel like three million bucks.

She only used the hair dryer so I didn't catch pnuemonia. She tried to scrunch it very minimally, but that's all.

I am partial to the pink, too.

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Posted By: ccross6032
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 12:21pm
hey mer - love love love the softened pink!

so - you are using human hair products on the synth too? any synth products?

-------------

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 1:27pm
no synth products, but we will see how it goes.

here is the back

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 2:14pm
its so hot, hot, hot----i want it.

did u wash it yet? synthetci hair can look manky after u wash it. how will u keep it smooth and pretty?

how come your hair was straight after your girl did it, if you ordered wavy hairs?

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 2:15pm
how much did your girl charge? how many bonds do you have?

Posted By: zapevaj
Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:28pm
It looks beautiful! I like red&blond too, but blond&pink is much more of a softer, delicate look. That wave looks great on you, too!

So they sell looper brushes at Sally's? That's awesome- I'll have to try one!

-Rae

-------------
http://www.hairalchemy.net - Hair Alchemy

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:52pm
yep Rae Sally's has the super looper. I was surprised to see them there yesterday and picked one up for myself! And my Sallys is pretty limited on anything pertaining to fake hair!

-------------

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:59pm
It really does look amazing, Mer, and I like that your stylist blended the blonde with the pink. The effect is very soft and natural (as pink hair goes, that is :) ). I actually just ordered some pink, as well as a few reds, from Sara myself.

I was curious, too, why the hair was straight when it was installed. Did the wave just brush out or something? :)

-------------

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:45pm
Well, she brushed it when i came in. I had some matting in my real hair that i didn't even know about until the day b4. Then she did the punchbraids. then she brushed it again. then she bleached it and brushed it again, then she toned it and i think we brushed it again? and all these times we washed it and conditioned it and all this stuff and brushed it again!!!!

so it was brushed A LOT.

but it is sooooo soft. she did it on sat and i have not washed it or my real hair yet, just showering with a pony on my head, and going to do the sink crown thing tomorrow.

biosilk is keeping it L O V E L Y.

Mer

edit: silly typos

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:54pm
Interesting--I guess all the brushing with that (nylon?) brush does the trick. I thought that would damage the hair, but I'll be getting one of those babies now!

I actually saw a bottle of Biosilk at Ricky's today--it was $39.99 *gulp* although it was a fairly big bottle. Is it really the best, or what? Does anything work as effectively, or is it basically the only game in town?

:)

Edited to say: She bleached your roots with the pinchbraids in? Did she let the extensions air-dry afterward?

-------------

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 11:14pm
i bought a $12 bottle of biosilk. it supposedly lasts forever. the brush was not like any i have in the house. it's little balls were teeny tiny like none i had evr ever seen. and she just had me use the tup of it and made me start at the bottom REALLY light. she really WATCHED my brushing technique.

she blowdried it bc she didn't want me to get sick but did not brush it while blow drying. she did bleach it while the pinchbraids were in. synthetic (these kinds) do not take any color

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Date Posted: February 28 2005 at 11:44pm
OK. I'm getting that Biosilk then.

Is the brush a paddle brush with fairly thick, stiff plastic (not thin nylon) bristles, with tiny balls on the ends?

Sorry for all the zillions of questions.

Thanks, Mer! :)

-------------

Posted By: ccross6032
Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 9:06am
hey mer - how does the generic biosilk compare to the real stuff? i think someone posted before that it felt sticky ?

and, like jenny, curious about what the brush is made of that is working for you - nylon, etc?
thanks!

-------------

Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 2:33pm
mm i will get the brand later it was from sally's (i have to leave to go talk to the preist.) my hair is up to hide the pink, the majoriroty is in a bum, only 4 streaks show, not bad, huh!!!

uhm, cross, i have not tested the generic, i will not until aftet i wash it but i will post it in this thread as soon as i do, prolly not for days.. i am not going to wash it until i have to... jenna made this hair beautiful and i am not going to do anything to screw it up

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:30pm
Thanks, Mer. I picked up the Biosilk today and will be using it soon. I still need a new brush, but I think I know the kind you're talking about now.

Again, the hair is gorgeous! :)

-------------

Posted By: Cali-Kristin
Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:12pm
I absolutely love the colors Mer!!!

Beautiful!!!!

-------------
http://www.YourHairShop.com - www.YourHairShop.com

Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:41am
Jenny, this is the kind of brush she recommended, and it might explain why my hair was so straight!!!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1740/333741 - http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1740/333741

This brush is designed for smoothing, shaping and straightening all types of hair.

Eliminates static while brushing
Bacti-ban inhibits bacteria growth on plastic
Rubber handle provides non-slip grip

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 4:52pm
Thanks Mer, I wouldnt have known which brush to get without that link!

-------------

Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 4:55pm
Thanks, Mer!

-------------

Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:10pm
thank you thank you thank you again.. jenny, i amost recommend if philly isn't too far, (it's really 30 min north of philly) going to get your roots done by jenna next time she will have your hair looking awesome and you can have a fresh start

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:10pm
thank you thank you thank you again.. jenny, i amost recommend if philly isn't too far, (it's really 30 min north of philly) going to get your roots done by jenna next time she will have your hair looking awesome and you can have a fresh start

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:29pm
Thanks, Mer. I'll definitely keep Jenna in mind. Tomorrow I'm actually going to Isaac to get steamed (and cut), and my hair is actually looking quite a bit better now (as I learn to work with it more and more), so I think we're all on the right track.

I'm so thrilled we've discovered synth--hehe... My biggest problem now is that I've been cutting the ends randomly (as I've been experimenting with it, I've fried a few ends here and there, so I really need it razor cut again). I'll probably post more pics tomorrow, to show what the steaming does.

And by the way, I really like the Biosilk--thanks for the tip. It's well worth the price, imo. :)

PS--Have you washed it yet since Jenna (not the roots, but the actual length of the hair)? :)

-------------

Posted By: leia1979
Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:26pm
Mer, when I click the link (from both work and home) the Sally website gives me an error message. Is there a specific name or SKU for the brush?

-------------

Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:46pm
thats odd leia, the link works fine for me! Silly computers!

-------------

Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:48pm
leia

Sally Item #: 333741

-------------
i love plastikhaar

Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 9:52pm
Hehe...I just got two brushes today. One looks exactly like the one you posted, the other has somewhat thicker bristles (I think the first is nylon, the second is plastic). Anyway, they work really well on this hair. Usually (with human), I only use a boar brush, and that still may be good for final styling and smoothing, but I think the stronger bristles are key for really detangling and smoothing the hair out. Isaac told me to get one of these when I got my hair done, but I forgot about it, and I think I also read something that said to only use boar's hair.... Well, better late than never!

By the way, if I used either of these harsher brushes on my real hair, it'd be trashed--lol! :)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window