Print Page | Close Window

Synthetic Hair Damaging?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20459
Printed Date: October 05 2024 at 5:34am

Topic: Synthetic Hair Damaging?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Synthetic Hair Damaging?
Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 1:37pm
I read something on the internet that says synthetic hair extensiojs damages your own hair after awhile since the plastic rubbs up against your own hair. the person saying this was selling human hair so that could be why but does anybody now if this is true? i love the way it looks but i dont want to lose my hair.

Replies:
Posted By: Scotchyroo
Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 3:24pm
O.k. I want you to bear with me.... Everything damages your hair. Life will kill you. Seriously. In my opinion, the damage caused by synthetic hair rubbing against human would be about equal to brushing daily.......for some people (with enough bleach) this can be too much damage.
My hair has been bleached to high heaven, but if someone told me I got to go to the beach with Jude Law, I'd whip out my credit card and get some Great Lengths glued in my hair right quick(apologies to GL people, all adhesives are glues).
If keeping your hair in pristine condition is your number one concern, don't even use a ponytail holder, don't blowdry, and don't even think of brushing until it's dry.
I'll get off my high horse now and say that there's no use using really crappy synthetic unless you're making dreadlocks. Christina

-------------

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 5:22pm
Synthetic extensions are no more damaging than human hair extensions.Most damage comes from using a method not suitable for a certain hair type, a bad installation or poor removal, not from the type of hair used. Take what you hear with a grain of salt. Ive learned that in the hair extension world, that you always have to consider the source and what they are trying to sell to you! They ALL claim they are the BEST and SAFEST!

-------------
www.hairextensions101.com - www.hairextensions101.com
www.mybeautyaddiction.com - www.mybeautyaddiction.com

Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: March 02 2005 at 5:39pm
I heard this once, too, but never again--from people who have used both synth and human. People who sell human are always dissing synth, and while it could be true, I doubt it. I think it's usually the method that dictates the level of damage. :)

-------------
http://www.beautyaddictmag.com - www.beautyaddictmag.com

Print Page | Close Window