Print Page | Close Window

Info needed (mealalgirl?)

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20517
Printed Date: October 05 2024 at 3:26am

Topic: Info needed (mealalgirl?)
Posted By: marie87
Subject: Info needed (mealalgirl?)
Date Posted: March 07 2005 at 5:12pm
I just found this reveiw I guess that is what you would call it. Look what she says about heat shrink tubing have you had these problems with MB and for any one using doctor locks shrinkys have you? I have only had a few in for a week but I have washed it 4 times and there not opening at all www.hairdos.net then go to truth about extensions
sorry metalgirl I saw I messed up your name but it wont let me fix it !!!!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: Scotchyroo
Date Posted: March 07 2005 at 5:17pm
Marie, would you mind checking that link? I can't get anywhere. thanks

-------------

Date Posted: March 07 2005 at 5:34pm
I changed the site info you can get there now

-------------

Posted By: leia1979
Date Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:45pm
The most curious part of that article is that her email is fusionextentions@ blah blah blah. That makes me feel fusion is her "thing." And yes, I disagree with what she says about shrinkies. It may be that that's what happens when you don't pre-tip the hair. Also, the comments about synth are somewhat incorrect, though since there's no date on the actual article, heat resistant fibers may not have yet been available.

And looking at her website, she does GL, Mega Hair (fusion) and Extendtubes.

-------------

Posted By: juliejetson
Date Posted: March 07 2005 at 8:20pm
Hmmmm..... I like how she trashed the "metal tubing" aka microlinks saying it breaks the hair, but she offers it as a service on her website. Just because a stylist only offers one type of extensions doen't make them a "bad extensionist". Some extensionist do a lot of research on what methods they think are best. And like myself I tried a bunch of different methods and did not like most of them, fusion was one of them, Denise. So just because I only offer pinch-braids after years of research and testing, that makes me a "bad extensionist"? Just because someone doesn't offer every gimmick that comes along doesn't make them a "bad extensionist". Screw her!!!

That article annoyed the hell out of me. It is just a way for her to promote her own business. RUN.

-------------

Posted By: Jenny_RR
Date Posted: March 07 2005 at 8:52pm
Yeah, I have to say, I think fusion is the most potentially damaging method (along with hairlocs and eurolocs, which are, of course, metal clamps). And strangely, these are the main methods this stylist offers. Anyone who touts themselves as having written the "Bible of extensions" would, I guess, be the God of extensions then? That's a pretty bold claim...especially from someone who uses Mega. But whatever.

A lot of the basic stuff is, just that, pretty basic: Go to someone who's experienced, has a portfolio, is licensed, and has references; look at the finished install of another client; follow the care instructions; get an estimate; etc., etc. This is all fairly reasonable on the surface, but you can do all that and more, and it can still result in disaster. It's clear she's not familiar with pinchbraiding or the advantages of synth hair for many clients, too.

I will say that she does make a good point about the length of time you can wear them, though. I've seen so many ads that claim extensions can be worn for 9 months straight or something....

I don't know, I guess my biggest problem with the article is that it's way oversimplified and, obviously, biased. Ironically, this is best summed up in her own words:
"Do not believe everything your hairdresser tells you about any method that they do not use or have not done. They want you to use their method or they are usually afraid of an established client going elsewhere for services at the risk of losing them. Some like to tell horror stories."

:)

-------------
http://www.beautyaddictmag.com - www.beautyaddictmag.com

Date Posted: March 08 2005 at 4:30am
I agree with you all and I'm glad to here that you haven't had thoughs problems with the shrinky's because I'm hoping they do hold and was a little disapointed when I read that!! Which is why I asked for the opion of others Thanks

-------------

Posted By: Amanda8beech
Date Posted: March 08 2005 at 4:55am
What I find interesting is she says not to go to an extensionist that hasn't done at least 40 clients in that particular method, well how does that person get the 40 clients in the first place if that's the attitude clients should have!!!

-------------

Posted By: Bridget
Date Posted: March 08 2005 at 7:11am
*Ahem* This lil' synthetic report needs an updating!

"Make sure that the hair you buy says tangle free human hair for use on all extensions except those such as twists, locks, and braids. The latter can use synthetic or cuticle free hair. Synthetic hair is not recommended for any other type of extensions because it is made out of extruded nylon which basically means it cannot be styled what you would normally style your hair. In fact if you put a hot iron or a curling iron to it, it will melt off. Quality products for home use will also make a difference."

Any suggestions or any unanswered questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail at fusionextensions@yahoo.

-------------
It is what it is...

Posted By: juliejetson
Date Posted: March 08 2005 at 11:58am
Well sounds like she hasen't had 40 synth ext clients. Cause clearly she knows jack about synth. Monofibre/synth has been around since the 80's, so its not like its some new invention. She needs to do some homework, before she makes those remarks.

-------------

Posted By: zapevaj
Date Posted: March 09 2005 at 2:01am
I love that first paragraph. *eyeroll* "Make this your Bible"? I'd want my Bible to have less typos in it, thankyouverymuch.

And she out-and-out states "adhesive systems are the best out there". That's not a quantitative statement. Her "Bible" also doesn't have anything in it about heat-sealed (been around since 1980ish) or pinchbraided (been around since 1990ish) methods.

-Rae

-------------
http://www.hairalchemy.net - Hair Alchemy

Print Page | Close Window