Print Page | Close Window

First time extinsion question..

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20577
Printed Date: October 02 2024 at 12:20am

Topic: First time extinsion question..
Posted By: kristinc
Subject: First time extinsion question..
Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 7:46pm
I just got my extensions in today. Using the Shrinkie method. And it feels huge. Like my hair is sticking out at the roots. It doesn't look that way but feels so big.
Do they relax after a day or so or what? Is this normal?
Also I got Human hair and it feels stiff. Anything I can do about that?
Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: leia1979
Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 7:59pm
It probably feels huge because you've got twice as much hair as normal. Depending how the shrinkies were installed, they'll probably lay a little flatter once your hair has grown a millimeter or two.

I've never heard of human hair feeling stiff. You could spray a little leave-in conditioner on it, I guess, and see if that makes it feel a little better. Just be careful not to get the conditioner too close to the shrinkies.

And post pictures when you get a chance. =)

-------------

Posted By: marie87
Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 8:03pm
When there frist put in if there put really close to the scalp they do kinda stick out but after a week it grows enough to alow them to lay flat. As for the hair there is a sealent on the hair when you get it. It all looks like barbie hair untill you wash it and that sealent is then removed.You will be surprised how diferent it can look after a wash depending on the quality of the hair you bought

-------------

Posted By: kristinc
Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 8:32pm
Thanks for all your advice.
And i will post pics as soon as my husband get home with the camera tomorrow. :)

-------------

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: March 12 2005 at 9:39pm
Ditto what the other posters said, it will definitely look and feel different after its washed and will lay flatter after a week.

-------------
www.hairextensions101.com - www.hairextensions101.com
www.mybeautyaddiction.com - www.mybeautyaddiction.com

Posted By: Amanda8beech
Date Posted: March 13 2005 at 9:30am
If when you've heated the shrinkies you then roll them in the direction you want them to lay, it helps a lot, if you roll them in the same direction they have been heated then they will stick out but eventually will lay flat, hope that makes sense xx

Print Page | Close Window