Print Page | Close Window

Shrinkies and Hair dyes

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20593
Printed Date: October 02 2024 at 12:15am

Topic: Shrinkies and Hair dyes
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Shrinkies and Hair dyes
Date Posted: March 14 2005 at 11:16am
First post here, but ive been reading here for a while and post on Quinns site from time to time.

Anyhow
I'm installing shrinkies (well my own experiment with shrink tubing, But i've done the research) this weekend /as long as my hair gets here by then.

I'm putting in dark brown PH on the top and a Yellow/green underneath for an undercolour. I''ve decided that I'm going to bleach out some of the hair under neath so that there won't be brown visible when I put it up. I"m going to use either Manic Panic or SFX for this. On top I need to do some grey coverage. I usually use Loving care so that its easy to take out when i decided I want to go blond or pink or whatever.

I figure I need to wash my hair with dishsoap/clarifying shampoo right before I install. But thats strong enough to take out a lot of the colour I want to deposit. So I was wondering if anyone has used any hair dyes while having Shrinkies in.

If so does it make them slip?
When I posted on Quinnster's site Jenny?(Hair******?) said she didn't think there would be a problem expcept the maybe taking a little of the color I am applying which would be fine.

I know its long winded but thanks for reading and for any advice/experience you can share.

:)al

Replies:
Posted By: leia1979
Date Posted: March 14 2005 at 11:21am
I've dyed my hair with shrinkies in, and I think Rose did, too. No problems. I don't think it sould be an issue. You might, if possible, try to get as little dye as possible on the shrinkies, just in case.

-------------

Posted By: delin
Date Posted: March 14 2005 at 10:34pm
I just did dye my hair (way too dark I might add) with shrinkied extensions.  No problem. 

Print Page | Close Window