Forum Name: Cosmetics
Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20603
Printed Date: March 18 2024 at 9:33pm

Topic: a lot of make-up or natural?
Posted By: caro
Subject: a lot of make-up or natural?
Date Posted: February 05 2003 at 4:03am
What do you prefer: wearing a lot of make-up or just a bit or absolutely nothing?

Replies:
Posted By: turquoise_girl
Date Posted: February 05 2003 at 7:07pm
i only wear a little. when people wear a lot it is more shocking when they don't have any on- they look so different! i don't think makeup should be worn because you don't like your face without it- its suppose to be fun (like art for your face). its more important to me that i'm wearing sunscreen than that i put all my makeup on. for everyday i usually just put on sunscreen, some loose powder and clear mascara. if i do wear more then its something fun or funky like bright colored eyeshadow.

Posted By: Ingrid16
Date Posted: February 07 2003 at 8:01am
Hi! I'm with Turquoise Girl- I don't wear makeup to cover up my face or because I think there's anything wrong with it (well, I do think that, but that's not why I wear it...) I tend to wear a lot, tho, cuz I just like experimenting with different looks and playing around with different colors, etc. Mainly I just wear a lot on my eyes- I'm a junkie for dark liners, mascara, and eyeshadows. On the other hand, I'm pretty comfortable not wearing any at all, too (that's the days like today when I wake up late and its cold and I don't feel like moving at all :)).

Inga

-------------
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing

Posted By: bluebee
Date Posted: February 19 2003 at 12:39am
I prefer the natural look. Think it looks much better, it's hard to look at a woman with a ton of make up on.

I'm getting to the point where I seldom wear make up anymore, unless I'm going out.

-------------

Posted By: Ellen
Date Posted: February 22 2003 at 1:58pm
I'm not entirely keen on my face but wearing lots of makeup never looks as good! I usually just wear a teeny bit of blusher cos I have real high cheekbones and then I play a lot with my eyes, lots of black mascara - and eyeliner - sometimes I make my eyes all egyptian and flicky, sometimes all feline, sometimes thick, sometimes natural. I've got lots of lovely liquid eyeliners in different colours like purple etc etc so I can play around with them depending on my outfit and sometimes I pop a but of funky bright eyeshadow on, sometimes at the edge of my eyes blended in if I'm going somewhere nice, wearing something nice, or just want to look particularly funky!

-------------

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: February 23 2003 at 8:54am
I wear no foundation or eye make-up at all, however I do wear a very sheer lipstick with a hint of pinky-red.
I have tried wearing foundation but it (a) made me look like plastic woman (b) prevented my skinn from "breathing" - I felt like I was wearing a mask (c) made the cleaning of my skin at night more thorough than I would like and led to dryness/over-moisturisation syndrome.
Wearing "full" make-up, i.e. every feature enhanced, makes me feel like a clown.

Much happier relating to people with my God-given, natrural face (with a little bit of brightness on my lips).

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Elissa
Date Posted: February 23 2003 at 7:10pm
I like the "no makeup" makeup look. A little bit of *thin* brown or black liner, a little bit of neutral shadow, some brown or black mascara, and a nice neutral lipcolor. On my face, tiny dabs of concealer if needed, and a sweep of powder blush.

The whole thing should take no more than five minutes.

If I had to choose between makeup or NO makeup entirely, I'd choose none. Better too little than too much!

-------------
[/url]
http://lilypie.com">

Posted By: Savage Gardener
Date Posted: February 24 2003 at 9:15am
I usually wear black mascara, eyeshadow and a little concealer under the eyes if necessary. I have very fair skin, so foundation always looks too orange and blusher tends to make me look like I''ve just run the London marathon. Sometimes I''ll wear a bit of black eyeliner if I don''t mind looking a bit goth.

Posted By: Courtney_Josephine_Rose
Date Posted: March 04 2003 at 11:19am
I think personally that how much makeup someone wears is based on the person and there personality. Some women may feel more comfortable wearing little to no makeup up at all, while others may feel better wearing alot of makeup to extreme makeup. However it is defined I have seen Women wearing alot of makeup who look as good as women wearing hardly any makeup and vice versa. It depends on the person and how they apply there makeup to what looks good and what doesnt. Consider the ladys of the 1920;s- They were absolutley Beautiful and classic and they wore alot of makeup. But that still didnt change there natural beauty nor did it cover it up- it just enhanced what they had and who they wanted to be.
Me personally- I love makeup- cant get enough of the stuff- I am always very energized by shopping for new brands and types and colors of makeup.
The possibilitys are endless and there is so much to choose from.
So, just have fun! and enjoy expressing whatever side to you that you have whether its dramatic, shy, flirty, and the moods go on, and when your having one of those days that you feel like doing absolutley nothing at all- than put your makeup away for a better day.
***Cheers

-------------
Rose

Date Posted: March 04 2003 at 8:34pm
Sage post Courtney :)

-------------
[/url]

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: March 10 2003 at 12:27pm
I think how much make up you can wear depends on your coloring. I am really pale with blue eyes and blond hair so I can't wear really vibrant colors (but oh how I would love to). My daughter, on the other hand, inherited her father's dark skin (but is still blonde) and can wear bright eyeshadows and vivid blush and looks fabulous. I would look like a clown. I think women of color look great in very bright colors. It also depends on what you are comfortable with. I think most women look better with a bit of color on eyes, lips, and cheeks but if it makes them feel awkward it isn't worth it.

The climate you live in plays a big part too. I live in south Florida, and even today in the beginning of March, the heat and humidity have pretty much caused the little make up I have on to kind of melt off. I just use a bit of shadow and blue eyeliner with black mascara. Lipstick if I am going somewhere but I haven't found any (even those semi permanent ones) that stays on long enough and I think you look much worse with half worn off lipstick than with none to start with.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: April 01 2003 at 8:18pm
Just the right amount of makeup. Too much yo look like a "workin girl" or too "easy" or just plain foolish, silly . No makeup you just don't look as good.

Just the right amount.

Posted By: Sophie
Date Posted: April 02 2003 at 12:25pm
DITTO! Elissa; Sage Post Courtney!

Make-up done right is an Art, an expression...an adornment, just like a great outfit, jewelery or a great HairStyle.

-------------
Sophie
http://salonwest.proboards34.com - http://salonwest.proboards34.com

Date Posted: April 02 2003 at 7:27pm
I agree Sophie, it's truly an art. And I find it to be fun, too, never a chore. It's a chance to indulge in your own creativity every morning.

I recently bought some Mary Kay eyeshadows for the very first time, and they are wonderful! Luscious colors, silky consistency, and believe it or not, no creasing--even with my twelve hour days. Pricey, but gorgeous. I look forward to putting them on every day.

-------------
[/url]

Date Posted: April 30 2003 at 12:34am
I LOVE the MK eyeshadows! It was the first thing I bought from them. I HATE creased lids!
As to foundation, I used to hate wearing it, but I got my skincare under control, and now I HAVE to wear even a sheer layer of foundation everyday to protect my pores. I used to be vey blemish prone, but now I have never been clearer!! When you get the right skicare and the right foundation it will never feel like plastic or a mask.
Just my 2 cents.
Ky

Posted By: tina m
Date Posted: May 21 2003 at 6:59pm
Just eye makeup for me. Sometimes lipstick.

-------------
tina

Posted By: Deutschgal
Date Posted: May 30 2003 at 12:55pm
Hello Ladies,

I've always thought that a minimal amount of makeup works best for during the day. At night, you usually intensify what you have just a bit. But you always focus on your best feature no matter what time of day it is. If you have nice eyes, than you pay more attention to them by playing them up a bit. The rest of your make up is to remain neutral. There's nothing worse than a woman with heavy made up eyes and lips - they look like clowns to say the least.

Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: June 01 2003 at 11:00pm
I think that a great make-up job draws attention to the person, not the make-up!

Since I (finally!) know how to take care of my skin, I wear very little make-up. Probably my biggest reason for wearing it is mascara, since I'm a natural blonde and have blonde eyelashes (and eyebrows). At night, I may go a *tiny* bit heavier, but with make-up, I feel that less is more!

-------------

Posted By: pompompurin
Date Posted: June 02 2003 at 10:01am
The only makeup I wear is lip gloss and eyelash tint. I always feel self-conscious when I'm wearing more than that - I constantly feel like I have to check it in a mirror! And anyway, makeup is for enhancing what you already have, not covering it up!

-------------

Posted By: Sophie
Date Posted: June 02 2003 at 1:34pm
Sometimes make-up is for covering things up....If you are lucky enough to be someone who doesn't need anything covered, then enjoy it.

-------------
Sophie
http://salonwest.proboards34.com - http://salonwest.proboards34.com

Posted By: KISAWA
Date Posted: July 06 2003 at 4:48am
Well, as a former model , I used to be "painted" everyday so I know how to use it and IMO you can use a lot and look natural.
A lot for me means: concealer, foundation, powder, blush; eyeshadow etc......
nobody ever told me I looked too made up!!
Make up should make look good not artificial and I believe that you got to learn how to use it!!

Good books: Making faces, and the ones from Bobby brown and beauty tips for dummy are GOOD !

-------------

Posted By: ll_insomnia_ll
Date Posted: July 18 2003 at 1:58am
When I wear makeup, I use hardly any. Just the basic lipgloss (I mix a bunch up), some eyeshadow, and eyeliner.

When people wear a lot of makeup, I think it makes them look incredibly fake. Why not show your natural beauty, with maybe just a little help.

-------------
no

Posted By: Mylissa
Date Posted: July 18 2003 at 1:39pm
I remember a time....long ago *lol* when I was in that stage where I wouldn't go anywhere without the 'full face' makeup...would take forever to get ready. I evolved, thank goodness *lol*...now I don't perm anymore, letting my hair grow to it's potential, not sure what that is...and go to almost extremes to take good care of my hair...now the makeup is also a complete change. Daily for me is light powder, don't like shine...and sheer lipgloss or lipstick, some days I splurge and go w/mascara *lol* I try to take terribly good care of my skin...have been told numerous times I have great skin and am lucky not to need the heavy makeup. For that I am very thankful. Just turned 35 today and hope that everyones being honest when they say I look late twenties instead and not just being kind! *LOL*

-------------
Mylissa

Posted By: BaldJasmine
Date Posted: July 19 2003 at 2:01pm
Alot of make-up or natural?
Neither.
To me a woman looks best with just a moderate amount of makeup. That's how I use make-up.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2003 at 9:40pm
I think it depends on the woman and the occassion... for just day to day, I usually wear foundation mixed with a little lubriderm facial lotion with sunscreen... the lotion is nice because it helps it blend with your skin better and it still evens out the tone without looking fake... then a little gray eyeliner and a light brown/rose colored eyeshadow, mascara and some vaseline on my lips (it's shiny like gloss, but more moisturizing)... and then ocassionally a little bronzer on my cheeks and chin... I think if you use colors that go well for your coloring, and as long as they are colors found in nature, they usually look nice... makeup should enhance the way you naturally look, not change it...

Date Posted: July 27 2003 at 3:45pm
I looooooove wearing lots of make-up! Without it I feel so naked. Also, I love colors and what better way than through make-up? I have my own style and you can tell that just by looking at my make-up case...lol. All I have are bright colored things. I wear red lipstick, eyeliner, brigth eyeshadow, at least 2 layers of mascara, foundation, bronzer, and occasionally use an eyebrow pencil...It isn't any fun if you go au naturale...I think we should all enjoy life and have fun! My look may not be good for the office...but at night and on weekends......

Posted By: Jenna
Date Posted: October 16 2003 at 3:34am
I would choose no makeup, because I don't even look good with too much makeup on. Sometimes I go out with none, but it's just a routine and makes me feel a little safer to wear a tinted moisturizer and sometimes mascara. I wear either lip balm or gloss, but it has to taste good.

-------------

Posted By: Dance
Date Posted: October 21 2003 at 12:35am
The natural look fore sure!. I think alot of makeup is not a good look at all.

-------------

Posted By: duke
Date Posted: October 21 2003 at 4:54am
I was wondering, can anybody describe
WHY they feel naked with no makeup
on? You'll get arrested if you go down
the street with no clothes on, not if
you wear no makeup. :) So why do you
feel naked if you don't wear makeup?
Is it just because you've gotten into
the habit of wearing it?

-------------

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: October 21 2003 at 5:25am
I used to wear make-up when I was in high school, and for a while after. I never quite got the hang of how to put it on right, so it always took a long time and seldom looked the way I wanted, anyway.
I felt naked if I didn't wear make-up because it became part of who I was. Everyone knew the make-up, not me. It was hard to learn to let people see the real me without feeling self-conscious or ugly, but now I don't wear make-up at all and I feel fine with that.
But I wonder if, now I'm used to not wearing make-up, if I had to wear it again, would I feel self-conscious about being seen with it?

Originally posted by duke duke wrote:

I was wondering, can anybody describe
WHY they feel naked with no makeup
on? You'll get arrested if you go down
the street with no clothes on, not if
you wear no makeup. :) So why do you
feel naked if you don't wear makeup?
Is it just because you've gotten into
the habit of wearing it?

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: tina m
Date Posted: October 23 2003 at 1:12am
Duke haven't you noticed that most women wear at least a little makeup?

It's a female thing Duke you wouldn't understand. Most males don't wear makeup.

But obviously a little makeup can compliment and accent a woman's look. That's what people mean when they say that. You are not supposed to take that literally as in naked with no clothes. Makeup is a fashion thing, an accessory of sorts for women, a feminine thing like wearing a dress, or a fashion scarf or earrings or a woman's feminine necklace. It's a feminine thing.
I don't wear a great amount of makeup but I do like to wear eye makeup and sometimes lipstick. I usually wear jewelry too and I usually wear a skirt or a dress.
I like the way I look and feel in feminine attire.

Date Posted: March 07 2004 at 2:48am
I like to use super sjiny clear glosses or nuetral lipstick for my lips, but I like shimmery golden/chocalote shades of eyeshadow and dark liner and mascara on the eyes, which works well on my big, brown eyes.

Date Posted: March 07 2004 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

I think how much make up you can wear depends on your coloring. I am really pale with blue eyes and blond hair so I can't wear really vibrant colors (but oh how I would love to). My daughter, on the other hand, inherited her father's dark skin (but is still blonde) and can wear bright eyeshadows and vivid blush and looks fabulous. I would look like a clown. I think women of color look great in very bright colors. It also depends on what you are comfortable with. I think most women look better with a bit of color on eyes, lips, and cheeks but if it makes them feel awkward it isn't worth it.

The climate you live in plays a big part too. I live in south Florida, and even today in the beginning of March, the heat and humidity have pretty much caused the little make up I have on to kind of melt off. I just use a bit of shadow and blue eyeliner with black mascara. Lipstick if I am going somewhere but I haven't found any (even those semi permanent ones) that stays on long enough and I think you look much worse with half worn off lipstick than with none to start with.

But fair blondes look really cool with bright blue and purple makeup or glitter makeup.

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: March 25 2004 at 10:58am
I don't feel I need to wear make-up, I just do because I genuinely want to. I see it as a mode of self-expression. Everyday I wear foundation, concealor, powder, and an artistic arrangement of eye make-up. For instance, today I'm wearing four different shades of blended pink and wine shadows, black liquid eyeliner, white pencil eyeliner and LOTS or black mascara. I've never been told I look too made-up, but am often compimented on my eyes. I just want to stand out and be different. It's fun too, and I enjoy changing my nationality with make-up. Lots of people think I'm Chinese, despite me having pale skin, brown hair, a slight upturn on my nose and only mildly almond shaped green eyes. Yet they genuinely think I'm of Chinese descent! It's really funny and purely because of my make-up. It's not a mask; it's a canvas.

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: Scarlet Ribbons
Date Posted: March 26 2004 at 11:26pm
I like a mostly natural look, but I think the most important thing is to look like you have flawless skiin. I use a color correcting kit- ie- I put a little bit of green tinted makeup to cover the red spots, and yellow to cover the dark circles, etc, with a little loose powder on top. That alone works miracles!
Then I use a little powder to fill in my eyebrows and that helps a lot too. A light coat of mascara on the top of your lashes and the bottoms makes them look a lot fuller, but you still look natural, like you don't have a lot of makeup on. Then a little lip gloss, and that's it!

-------------
Everything is a test to see what you
will do.

Posted By: Lauren921
Date Posted: April 18 2004 at 12:55pm
Im a natural girl myself-- in the morning i wash my face with clean & Clear foaming acne wash (i dont have acne and dont want it thank u very much!) then i put on clean & Clear oil free moisturizer... some cover up on any red spots and then a touch of powder of it to seal the cover up... some chapstick... a little hint of mac cream blush (ITs pricy but it lasts for hours and looks like a natural flush) and im out the door... 5 minute makeup routine WORKS FOR ME!

-------------

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: April 23 2004 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Lauren921 Lauren921 wrote:

Im a natural girl myself-- in the morning i wash my face with clean & Clear foaming acne wash (i dont have acne and dont want it thank u very much!) then i put on clean & Clear oil free moisturizer... some cover up on any red spots and then a touch of powder of it to seal the cover up... some chapstick... a little hint of mac cream blush (ITs pricy but it lasts for hours and looks like a natural flush) and im out the door... 5 minute makeup routine WORKS FOR ME!

If it's the only make-up you buy though, the MAC blusher probably isn't that expensive because it's one piece of make-up. Compare that to another person with maybe 10 pieces of regularly used make-up, and it's a small price for MAC.

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: natalie13
Date Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:25am
I like to wear a moderate amount of makeup. If I put too much on I fell really yucky... but then when i don't have any on my skin looks blothcy and you can see my imperfections... what i'm tryin 2 say is don't go crazy on the stuff but you definitely need some!

Luv Nat
xx

-------------

Posted By: natalie13
Date Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:26am
I like to wear a moderate amount of makeup. If I put too much on I fell really yucky... but then when i don't have any on my skin looks blothcy and you can see my imperfections... what i'm tryin 2 say is don't go crazy on the stuff but you definitely need some!

Luv Nat
xx

-------------

Posted By: hlgreen
Date Posted: December 18 2004 at 9:35pm
Let me first say, I absolutly love makeup. However no matter what the look I go for, I always try to make it look as natural as possible.

-------------

Posted By: redhairedgirl
Date Posted: February 16 2005 at 12:02pm
I used to be a goth so I was into really heavy eye make-up, white face, black lipstick - the whole thing. These days it's just lightish eye make-up (well compared to before, anyway) and lipgloss. Couldn't live without lipgloss!

-------------

Posted By: beck
Date Posted: February 18 2005 at 7:23am
i am not one to ever leave the house with a naked face. i always have at least concealer for undereye circles and some mascara. if i'm "going out" i may add lipgloss and brow pencil(mine are VERY sparce and thin, even though i don't need to pluck them). I HATE the way foundation feels. even when it is light or one of those sheer formulas, i still feel like i'm wearing a mask and can't breathe.

-------------

Posted By: Kalika
Date Posted: March 01 2005 at 2:26pm
depends on the look Im going for.

"natural" all the time is soooo borring, I love playing with makeup, after all thats the whole point

-------------

Posted By: Nic
Date Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:13am

Yeah i feel naked without it to its like make-up covers your face and how you really look like just like clothes do. I cant go out without it , i feel ugly without it!

People do say i look so diffrent without it... of course not something you want to hear

I wear FOUNDATION , FACE POWDER , EYE MASCARA , EYE SHADDOW AND FAKE TAN.

I would cut down on the fake tan and face powder if i had a real tan i used to use the sunbeds but have now stopped because of the cancer thing

Posted By: Jeda
Date Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:39am

I like to go to the tanning beds so my skin gets a nice glow, and I can reduce the amount of makeup I use. But even when I am paler in winter, I still prefer to use light and sheer makeup.

I typically go for sheer and neutral eye shadow, a little powder foundation, and eyeliner and lipstick. I keep my lipsticks in the same family color of my natural lip color to keep it all natural.

My favorite makeup line is ID Bare Minerals because it's loose powders that you apply as much or as little as you want/need. And they have very natural sheer, and beautiful colors for everyday, and a little punched up series of eye shadows for special occasions. This line has also greatly helped me in keeping my skin healthy.

Posted By: _thumbelina_
Date Posted: November 03 2005 at 5:00pm

During the daytime i only wear black mascara or some black eyeliner (not too heavy though!) I don't like wearing anything else because it seems to always need touching up and I dont have the patience to keep going to the nearest bathroom or w/e! However, evenings I'll often wear tinted moisturizer and a silvery cream eyeshadow. Apparently I look nicer with just minimal makeup.

-------------
"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"

Posted By: Tinkerbelle
Date Posted: November 04 2005 at 8:28pm

I always wear some sort of foundation either Lancome Adaptive or else ID bare minerals makeup.  Lip Gloss and mascara.

When I go out I use eye makeup, and sometimes blush

-------------

Posted By: Pampinetta
Date Posted: November 06 2005 at 9:29am
I usually don't wear any other makeup than black mascara, but I use loads of it..! I'm quite fond of my black eyeliner too and probably tend to go a bit heavy on it... Chapstick on my lips and then I'm ready to go! 

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: November 06 2005 at 10:06pm

I still don't know much about putting on make-up :-P .  I usually don't wear any. . . a little lip gloss at most. . . *shrugs*  But sometimes I'll put some on for a special occasion, for photos. or some odd days I just feel like playing in make-up for no reason.  I don't really feel self-conscious now whether I wear it or not.

I confess having a hard time with foundation, as I have yet to master how much to put on -_- , but I'll work on that.  If I put on make-up seriously, there's a kit of almond-y pale-brown shades I'll use, with a little black eyeliner, black mascara, and a kinda mauve-y lipstick (looked more brownish in the store. . . but still not bad *shrugs*).  If I'm just playing with make-up, it's light-blue shadow, metallic blue liquid liner, and a sheer red lipstick.  I don't necessarily need blush, as my cheeks are easy to flush on their own :-P .

I should get some purples for my eyes, as I've noticed browns and blues make my eyes look very blue :-( .  Purple seems to make them look more green.  My eyes are the blue/green/grey hazel, so they change with what I'm wearing, or sometimes on their own whim :-P .

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: malibubabe
Date Posted: December 08 2005 at 2:24pm
usually every day I wear concealer, blush, and 2 coats of mascrara on my top lashes (it always seem to smear when I put it on my bottom lashes). I have dry skin so it's not shiny and I don't need powder. I hate foundation too. Then on weekends and stuff I'll wear some eyeliner as well, but I don't really look good in a lot of makeup because I have light blonde hair and I'm pale. I like the natural look, but the made up look can look nice too. Like when you see celebs and stuff

-------------
Emilie

Posted By: Bambilee
Date Posted: December 17 2005 at 12:01pm
I like  both. I like a little make-up since i go no-where without a little foundation or eyeliner. I like lots if you are making a statement, not like barbie lots, but something bold, like if your going to a party or concert or something. Also depends on what your wearing!!!

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: L281173
Date Posted: January 02 2006 at 1:54pm
I like either heavy makeup or moderate makeup.  I like heavy makeup when I am going to a club or party and moderate makeup for the workplace.  My choice of colors changes according to the setting that I will be in.

-------------
one classy, sassy female

Posted By: Shyanne
Date Posted: February 18 2006 at 4:17pm
I don't know, I gues it could be said that I wear plenty (foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, concealer, primer, ect...) of makeup, but most people have no idea, except for my eyes, were people still think it's mostly mascara. I don't mind. It enhances my own beauty& highlights what I love, while still looking natural& hiding my blemishes& damn kiddie scars... Maybe it's that I apply everything in small doses?

-------------
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...

Posted By: tanjuska
Date Posted: February 18 2006 at 4:46pm
i prefer no makeup, if I use it, I use it only on eyes and try to make it as natural as possible. I think to much makeup makes people look plastic.. 

-------------
http://www.topbeautycare.com - BEST BEAUTY AND FASHION FORUMS

Posted By: Sakeenah
Date Posted: March 10 2006 at 12:39am

I use to only wear mascara but then I started wearing tinted moisturizer
then natural colored lip liner, then black eyeliner, then foundation, then bronzer now I look like a mannequin, seems the lower my self esteem gets the more make up I put on.

Posted By: InvisibleViolet
Date Posted: March 10 2006 at 2:03am
 I very rarely wear makeup unless I want to cover up the dark circles under my eyes or  put on lip gloss and Mascara to feel  sexy.

Posted By: angl96
Date Posted: April 28 2006 at 9:58pm
I wear make up. Not a lot of foundation but eyeliner, liquid eyeliner top eyes only. Dark smokey eyeshawdow makes my eyes stand out. Dark lipstick, I love reds and wine colors!! I am olive complective so  no nude or light shades looks good on me. Blush yup I love bare escentuals.Masacra yup so I guess I am not oh natural. Still curl my hair got blonde highlights, although gave up on the fake nails!! I love make-up and so proud of it!!!!!!!  

Posted By: Jamgurl
Date Posted: May 06 2006 at 4:55pm

I'll go glam/ very dark if I am going clubbing...but for work, I do shadow (I LOVE being able to experiement with all the different colours), define my brows with a soft brown pencil and then apply sheer lip-gloss.

I used to wear powder ever single day, but I have realised how "freeing" it is to just be able to wash, apply moisturizer and go....powder tends to keep me reapplying, because i live in the tropics and being out and about, you end up with a greasy face by mid-day, and with powder over it, thats not a good look! So, if I do wear powder now, its at nights, when its cool, IF I'm going out.

I'm all for mild - moderate and zero around the house or for going out to do simple chores (supermarket, etc)

Posted By: Shyanne
Date Posted: May 21 2006 at 10:26am
I like the exagerated natural look: as in, black/brown mascara, liner dotted along lash line, piched cheek look, sheer foundation, powder only where needed, and a sheer bitten lip look.
But I can also glam my eyes up very well, when I feel in the mood. Wink  

-------------
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...

Posted By: Yolligirl
Date Posted: May 23 2006 at 9:09am
I wear foundation and blush everyday.  I don't make up my eyes to go to work, but I glam it up for the weekends and special events. I normally just line my lips and I love lip gloss I have 3 different shades in my purse at all times.

-------------
Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

Posted By: Lickalime
Date Posted: May 23 2006 at 7:16pm
I used to wear a ton of makeup. I was also addicted to tanning. When I met my husband, he told me I wore too much makeup, it was up to me, but he said I was beautiful with a lot, a little or no makeup. We've been together 3 years and he still tells me every day that I'm beautiful

I've since stopped tanning (my skin looks much better) and I only wear mascara and burts bees lip balm. I feel much better about my skin and I feel clean all day long

People tell me all the time I look younger then I am. I'm going to be 31 in July. I bought cigarettes (for my husband, I stoped smoking as well) the other day and GOT CARDED!! I was so happy. The clerk at the store aplogized for carding me

Posted By: greenx4i4
Date Posted: January 29 2013 at 1:05am
Sports it is certainly plausible at going to be the same a short time are going to want never strive operating upon a multi function very pair about taking walks boots and jogging shoes Suitable http://www.cheapbeatsbydreweb4u.com - Cheap Beats By Dre .snap shut down heart-shaped gucci crest detail The Crown has to be that left with your country's In 1983 http://www.moncleroutletuk4ceo.co.uk - moncler uk ,e http://www.moncleroutlet4usa.com - moncler outlet .Cheap Louis Vuitton Shoes Moncho nufactured oker su familia lorrie lugar donde las individuals durante contra del gobierno interest rates any sus muertes http://www.tiffanyoutlet4925.com - tiffany outlet . !
Related articles:

http://tonesay.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1358237&pid=1820017&page=155&extra=page%3D1#pid1820017 - moncler outlet jmdgqz Fendi handbags On th jflumoq

http://www.mandula.cn/mdlmc/2011/0110/115.html - moncler outlet ovmmhm Here are thegoing kcskhyz

http://dc-lexbaer.de/index.php?site=news_comments&newsID=8 - aratoz Zahavi has been in udzmvjw

Posted By: Tamali
Date Posted: March 17 2013 at 2:22am
It is possible to wear makeup by Natural Cosmetics yet still keep your face looking very natural. Makeup applied with the goal of sustaining a natural look enhances your features, hides imperfections, and gives you an awake and healthy glow.
http://www.cosmeticstore.com.au - Natural Cosmetics

Posted By: Ericachristina
Date Posted: April 05 2013 at 5:41pm
To me the key to wearing a lot of makeup if you want or if you have to is making it look like you aren't wearing too much. I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing a lot of makeup but I don't care for the heavy caked on look; if you can blend it out flawlessly then it looks a lot better.

Personally I wear medium coverage makeup most of the time. I usually don't go out without makeup because I prefer the flawless look.

-------------

Posted By: amandagreen
Date Posted: May 20 2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

I like the "no makeup" makeup look. A little bit of *thin* brown or black liner, a little bit of neutral shadow, some brown or black mascara, and a nice neutral lipcolor. On my face, tiny dabs of concealer if needed, and a sweep of powder blush.The whole thing should take no more than five minutes.If I had to choose between makeup or NO makeup entirely, I'd choose none. Better too little than too much!

I think you are onto something there! I love to look like I am wearing nothing at all but I am finding it harder and harder to pull it off and I know that I am not alone here.

There are some really great tips and tricks to using make up that very few but the professionals and the make up obsessed know of that we all should be taking heed of. One big one is the use of primers. I had never even heard of the stuff until a few years back but after experimenting with a few (which I CONTINUE to do) I have found that they can give you a natural look without looking like you have been transformed by an extra layer of make up.

Posted By: Arganisme
Date Posted: June 13 2013 at 10:18am
Hi everyone,

The best thing in my opinion is to take care of the skin using natural products. I advise you to use argan oil based products.

For further informations about these products please contact us at : Office.marrakesh@arganismecosmetics.com or visit our website arganismecosmetics.com

I hope my answer is useful.

See you around

Print Page | Close Window