Forum Name: Cosmetics
Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20617
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 12:03am

Topic: Best Lip Gloss?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Best Lip Gloss?
Date Posted: April 05 2003 at 2:00am
I am totally confused. There is just too many and I am not sure what they all do. Do I want one with color or not? Isn't a gloss supposed to be clear for gosh sakes? But yet they come in flavors and colors. Helppppppppppppppppppppp.

Replies:
Posted By: Trixie
Date Posted: April 13 2003 at 8:29am
I couldn't live without my lip gloss. To me, nothing beats Lancome's Juicy Tubes. It goes on smooth, shiny, and stays on. If you lick your lips it wont disappear. If you use this you will never use another.

About the different types---it comes in some varieties, but if you ask the Lancome representative at the counter, I'm sure she will be able to assit you in picking the one that best suits you.

-------------

Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: April 25 2003 at 3:18pm
I use Neutrogena clear lip gloss over my lipstick. A little goes a long way for shine, and it does have a nice taste to it.

-------------

Posted By: LiliBeach
Date Posted: April 25 2003 at 6:55pm
For this talk-a-holic, I love Mac's lipgloss. It stays on so well. I usually talk off my lip gloss in less than 30 minutes. Mac stays on for 2 hours.

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Posted By: BlondeBunny
Date Posted: May 02 2003 at 10:35am
I like MAC lip gloss in PRRR

MAC has staying power and a nice scent.

Date Posted: May 09 2003 at 2:59pm
I Prestige's VINYLWEAR. It's a reeealllyy thick lip gloss, and stays on FOREVER, makes your lips look VINYL (the name!). They come in a variety of colors, I use the clear one. Be warned, this gloss is not for those who lick their lips alot or have a tendency to eat with the food touching your lips, you'll end up with food stuck in your gloss! So i guess this gloss is perfect for clubbn or prom...BUT I LOVE IT!!!

Posted By: wheeler
Date Posted: May 09 2003 at 8:54pm
My favorite would probably be Victoria's Secret lipgloss (the kind that comes in the pot) in plum wine. It looks good on just about everyone but it's $10.00 for the little container (I'm really cheap)! Still, I think it's worth it.

Posted By: Ashlee
Date Posted: May 31 2003 at 3:56pm
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but Rimmel just came out with a new lip gloss that I love, and is super-cheap! I think mine was 2.97 or something like that. It comes in a few different shades. I have a bronze color (goes great with that golden summer glow) and there was a funky violet and a bubblegum pink shade, and I believe a few others. It's thick enough to have staying power, but not so thick it clumps and feels, well...gross. I would definitely try it!

Posted By: CarrieM
Date Posted: June 25 2003 at 3:54pm
I love Clinique's lip gloss, especially the shades Air Kiss and Kissyfit. They also have some great new shimmery colors that are great for complementing a summer tan. Their gloss is just thick enough so that it wears well, without being too sticky or gloppy. I will have to try Rimmel too... I've had some good luck with some of their products, so their lip gloss will be next. I am a total lip gloss and lip balm junkie, and would have about 50 more tubes/pots of the stuff if I weren't on a budget.

-------------

Posted By: NewOrleansLady
Date Posted: July 31 2003 at 2:29am
Ahh so many lipglosses, so little time

For the most part, they all the same, unless you are particular about texture and taste.

If you want super shiney lips than MAC Lipglass will do the trick and they offer lots of nice colors. If you just want a clear color than save yourself some money and buy a cheaper drugstore version. I think that wet&wild sells something similar to MAC's clear Lipglass.

Lancome's Juicy Tubes are very nice but, now Loreal has come out with the exact same product only not as many shades (Lancome own Loreal).

If you're just looking for some moisture with a little shine than any of the drugstore brands are just as nice as the department store brands. Lipmedic.com offers a lot of lipgloss/balms for great prices.

-------------
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."

Posted By: Blah blah chick
Date Posted: July 31 2003 at 10:45pm
My mother calls me a lip gloss queen. I love it! I never go anywhere without it! A lipgloss doesn't have to be clear...It just looks shiny and is a little goopier than your other lip products (yet totally worth it!). Also, lip gloss moisturizers and -in my opinion- makes your lips look kissable! I don't really have a favorite. I love a lot of them. Although I love colors so I usually buy ones that are colored and flavor is a must for me! I love Bonne Belle's Vanilla Frosting lipgloss. It has a subtle shine, a great taste and smell, and moisturizes really well. Just find a shade you like (try a basic nude shade) I don't suggest buying anything that has a brush with bristles...after a while the bristles come off and stick to your lips...It reminds of kissing my dog after I applied lipstick last night...ewww. anyway, just find something that would be good for everyday wear and go with that. (Oh using an applicator is my favorite way of applying lip gloss!) good luck to you and your gorgeous lips!

-------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello

Posted By: razziberri
Date Posted: August 10 2003 at 7:01pm
The best lip gloss in my opinion is wetslicks by covergirl. It's not sticky and goes on smooth. It also lasts a lonnngg time. I have it in clear and sand blast.

-------------

Posted By: Mylissa
Date Posted: August 11 2003 at 1:01pm
Hey Razziberri!! I'm a fan of those too!! I always have the clear on hand, have also had the sandblast...I like the one (and I forget the name) has sheer red tint to it..also the bronze. I hate the feel of sticky - gooey lips..these are great!!

-------------
Mylissa

Posted By: ApacheRose
Date Posted: August 15 2003 at 5:01pm
The bestest lipgloss would have to be Naturistics lip gloss stick in raspberrry. It leaves a hint of glossy pink and tastes extremly well!!!

-------------
i'm starting to think that i'm kind of
shy
or at least i'd like to be

Posted By: dana073
Date Posted: August 31 2003 at 2:44pm
The all time best in my book is MAC and Lancome Juicy Tubes. They stay on and while they are thick, you can seperate your lips without it looking like you have super thick goopy gloss on. They are a little more expensive then drugstore brand, but then again, you pay for what you get.

Posted By: pinksaliva
Date Posted: April 17 2004 at 10:48pm
Lancome juicy tubes work best for me, tho they didn't have the color i tried on at Macys, i bought one slightly redder but didnt really like the results, it came out too red tho its suppose to be a gloss,

I think lancome has two different types of Juicy Tubes or something because one set i got in color, the color comes out clear, and the one one that i have (texture looks different), the color comes out visible... does anyone know about this?

Posted By: Harvy
Date Posted: April 23 2004 at 4:36pm
has anyone tried the mary kay signiture lip gloss?

how do u like it?

Posted By: VeeDubGirl
Date Posted: June 15 2004 at 5:11pm
I personally love Mary Kay signature gloss in "Pink Pout", I also find that it seems to last longer then most other glosses.

-------------

Date Posted: June 15 2004 at 5:29pm
By far the BEST gloss I have ever had is MAC lipglass. It's super shiny, thick, and stays put for a really long time. Viva Glam is my fav!

Posted By: Temerity
Date Posted: August 12 2004 at 2:49pm
I LOVE Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk. It lasts forever, looks awesome, and smells like heaven. Yum! :)

-------------
Rock Falls Girl

Posted By: Callalily
Date Posted: November 12 2004 at 12:31am
I LOVE MAC lip glass! My fav is Oh Baby

-------------

Date Posted: December 20 2004 at 5:44pm
MAC- its has a superior shine that lasts all day but dont use to much....it will get sticky

Posted By: The Asian Invasion
Date Posted: December 23 2004 at 5:20pm
I love Lancome's lipgloss, and L'Oreal's since it's the same. It works really well, but I'm not sure if it's just be who experiences this problem. I like to glob on the gloss, so it leaves some residue on the tube, but after awhile, I have to throw the tube out because it starts smelling really weird. I think it's the residue, but it annoys me because I can't use it for more than a few weeks.

-------------

Posted By: mark82
Date Posted: February 12 2005 at 3:28am
Best lip balm aviable at
http://www.bestincosmetics.com/lip-balm.htm - http://www.bestincosmetics.com/lip-balm.htm

-------------

Posted By: jasmine2g3
Date Posted: March 17 2005 at 7:43pm
I only like lip glosses that have a brush on it; not a sponge or a rolly abll. Any suggestions for a good lip gloss?

-------------

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*

Posted By: linda-bear
Date Posted: March 21 2005 at 9:41pm
bath and body works tutti dolci, smells good, yummy, shinnee & not really sticky. $10

-------------

Posted By: kristie m
Date Posted: March 24 2005 at 12:16pm
I've found all the good lip glosses including Juicy Tubes leave my lips dry
and sticky. Clinique has a new product called Super Balm Tinted Lip
Treatment that leaves them moisturized and shiny. It is moist rather than
sticky and has absolutely no fragrance. Great product!

Posted By: IndigoRed
Date Posted: March 27 2005 at 1:52am

MAC lip gloss works great for me. I recently run out of the MAC lip gloss and had to purchase a substitute. After to much thought (I am so use to MAC) I chose Cover Girl. Not bad at all: it was smooth, my lips felt moisturized, it was long lasting, and not sticky. I am still a MAC girl and had to stock up. These 2 types of MAC lip glosses comes in a ranges of colors “MAC Tinted Lipglass” is on the sticky side with a sponge type wand, while “MAC Lustreglass” is less sticky and has a brush wand.

Posted By: HazelnutGelato
Date Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:18am

I dunno if the lip glosses are still the same, but I loved Clinique's gloss. The texture was good.

Oh, and Bloom has adorable colors.

Posted By: poisongirl
Date Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:44pm
I use the 'lip injection' by too faced. It acctually plumps up your lips by enhancing blood flow in your lips.At first you feel a little tingle but it's sooo worth it! You can get it a sephora for about 18$

Posted By: mysweetevie
Date Posted: April 14 2005 at 10:20am

Im a MAC girl....love it.

If im low on cash....AVON

-------------
sweet like honey!

Posted By: Donda
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 7:31pm

I like Milani's gloss in Jamaican Rum, it only goes for $4.00 at Walgreens!   They have other shades that are very nice as well.

However their glossy tubes don't have much color.   I want to try Covergirls wetslicks next.

-------------
Thick 4A Hair, Relaxed every 8 weeks. Contributing writer at xicamagazine.4t.com

Posted By: sugaplum
Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 11:11am

Originally posted by Temerity Temerity wrote:

I LOVE Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk. It lasts forever, looks awesome, and smells like heaven. Yum! :)

I co-sign on that, Temerity, I have the purple one.

I also wear Urban Decay's XXX Shine Gloss.  I really like it becuase it has peppermint oil and it leaves your lips really tingly.   My favorite is "Heatherette" and "Everybody Loves Betsy."

-------------
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: May 10 2005 at 9:40pm
i really love the new lipglosses from the body shop. they call it ultra shiny lip treatment or something like that. it makes you lips so soft, and oh so shint. the texture is thick, but not too gloopy. and it stays on for hours

-------------
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Posted By: Donda
Date Posted: May 15 2005 at 7:26pm

I saw that Walgreens had a BOGOF (2/6.49) for Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss and thought why not.  Okay, so I decided to try it instead of Cover Girls

I have the classic pale pink bottom lip and dark brown on top lip, so it has been hard for me to find a sheer gloss that didn't magnify this fact. But.................... 

Cherris in the Glow is a nice everyday color. It's a sheer pink color that gives my already pale pink lips a richer look with a nice shine. It's a very cute but polished look for jeans/office wear

Rasin Glaze is a very nice reddish brown color.  It would go well with Orange, Yellow, and Brown colored clothes. This is more then everyday but less then glam.

Pearl Plum on my lips this was no more then the Cherries in the glow with shimmer.  Would be nice for night wear.

Best of all I didn't notice a server color difference I usually get when wearing gloss.

I thought I would pass it on.

-------------
Thick 4A Hair, Relaxed every 8 weeks. Contributing writer at xicamagazine.4t.com

Print Page | Close Window