Forum Name: Cosmetics
Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20659
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:49am

Topic: "Concealing"
Posted By: EmileeBee
Subject: "Concealing"
Date Posted: March 28 2004 at 11:49pm
Hey guys, I have a problem...or I guess its just a feeling of insecurity about my skin since I could remember. I have a little "beauty mark" above my lip, I guess sort of like cindy crawford but like half the size. It has bugged me since I was 10 years old, or younger. And then, just a few years ago, 4 more little "beauty" marks just seemed to appear. So ever since then it's like Ive been wearing so much more concealer because I hate them, they seem so distracting. But I'm wondering, is wearing a lot of makeup trying to cover what I see as "imperfections" more distracting then the beauty marks themself? Because a part of me says that too much concealer and foundation is not attractive, but then I see myself without it and it's hard to put a line between the two. I don't know, since nobody here has seen me I'm just wondering if anyone else has this same problem. Thanks!!

Replies:
Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: September 22 2004 at 4:19pm
I have one above my upper lip too but its bigger than cindy crawford's. i learnt to accept it when i was really young but i understand that you dont like that more have appeared. Ive seen a lot of people with more than one ...my advice, dont conceal it, get to accept it

-------------

Posted By: RavenAngeL
Date Posted: November 27 2004 at 6:01pm
I have one but I'm getting it lasered off when I turn 18. :P

-------------

Posted By: hlgreen
Date Posted: December 18 2004 at 9:23pm
First, I would like to say you I am sure you are a very beautiful woman and those birth marks which you feel are 'imperfections' are something which makes you different... unique... and beautiful.

Second, it depends on your application. If you glob a bunch on in one area, or if the color is not correct it may not look natural and that definitly is the key. Natural. It also depends on the types of make-up you use. One in particular I definitly recommend as well as the one I and everyone else I know uses is Avon. They have some amazing concealors which when applied look very natural.

If you would be interested in more information feel free to contact me.

H.Green
hlgreen@email.com

-------------

Posted By: Bambilee
Date Posted: April 17 2005 at 9:23pm
I love beauty marks, I have one I've had since I was little on my cheek, it's not very big, but you can see it no matter how much make-up I put on... I even darken it cause I love it soo much. Think Mandy-Moore's mole.. on her cheek. Exactly like mine.
Soon more popped up along my jaw line and such, I can't even cover those little babies up... I say just put your make up on, and away you go. No need trying to cover it up like a pimple. :)

I dont' think you can COVER it up.. I think they are attractive, but that's just me.

That's a Marylin Monroe beauty mark... people get pierced to get those.

~Bambi~

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: msblueyes
Date Posted: April 22 2005 at 3:36pm
I have one right on the upper part of my cheekbone.  I usto cover it up until someone pointed out I had a "zit" that would never go away.  I was like, its a mole!  So, when I stopped covering it up, people would comment on my beautiful "beaty mark" instead.  I love it now.  It's part of who I am and it sets me apart from everyone else.

-------------
msblueyes

Print Page | Close Window