Forum Name: Skin Care
Forum Description: Smooth techniques for beautiful & healthy skin
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20705
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 9:54am

Topic: Skin issues
Posted By: Jess6977
Subject: Skin issues
Date Posted: March 15 2003 at 10:16am
Ok, this is my first post on here, and I don't know how to begin, so bare with me if I ramble a bit.
I have huge pores, and seem to get pimples very easily. I see friends of mine who have perfect complexions and I am here with terrible skin. I have tried their recommended products, most of which say they only use cleanser once a day and just plain water otherwise. I use good make-up Clinique, because I thought it was the make-up I was using. I use phisoderm cleanser once a day, usually before bed, but if I use it in the morning, I will use just water in the evening. Is there anything that can make my skin look smoother and healthier. I would love to be one of these girls who doesn't have to wear make-up or at least VERY little, I don't like wearing alot unless I am going out somewhere nice. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! I am having hair troubles too, but I will post that on the other topic board~ Thanks for any advice you can give, this makes me self concience about my skin.

-------------
:) Have a Beautiful Day~

Replies:
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: March 16 2003 at 6:48pm
I know how you feel, skin problems are so infuriating! First of all, you should be washing your skin twice a day with a cleanser. Make sure that its a gentle one, not something harsh, and DONT USE SOAP! Its waaay too harsh. In the morning, becuase your skin collects oils, etc, as you sleep, and definately at night, because you want to wash off all of that scum from the day like makeup, etc. Also, make sure you wash your skin after vigarous workouts, to get rid of the sweat and debris. I know I break out if I dont't do that. It sounds like you probably have oily based skin, based on the blemishes, and large pores. To help treat the blemishes, use a gel or lotion with salicylic acid, which helps to clear the blemish up faster. Try not to agitate the blemish, or pick at it, etc, becuase it will become really inflamed. Make sure that ALL skin products and makeup you use is OIL-FREE. This is very important. When you wear makeup, you can try using a concealor that is made to help heal zits, as well as conceal.(just make sure you dont put this under your eyes as concealor, becuase it will really harm that area). THe most important thing is to develop good face-washing habits. Try to hang in there, and don't expect results over night, it takes time(and grrr...patience) . I hope this helps a little bit!

Posted By: Sophie
Date Posted: March 17 2003 at 8:17am
Catta's right consistency is key. First finding the correct products and using them faithfully morning and night...I agree no soap.

Alpha or Bata hydroxy products can be very effective also for blemish prone, oil or large pores (at least 8%).

Fresh Plain Yogurt is a wonderful mask, once a day at first...three times a week after...(You judge if this is too much for your skin...maybe you only need the mask on your T-zone). The Yogurt contains lactic acid, great for removing dead skincells and oil, also the good bacteria in yogurt (Acidophilus is a good defense against the icky bacteria that cause havoc). It wouldn't hurt to add lots of fresh yogurt to your diet, too. (plain is best...next best is Dannon, because it is separated from sugar til you eat it...don't do aspartame.)

Products that are too strong for you aren't necessarily the answer either...don't over strip.

Drink lots of water, lots of fruits and veggies, cut back on the junk food...especially pop, diet or otherwise.

-------------
Sophie
http://salonwest.proboards34.com - http://salonwest.proboards34.com

Date Posted: November 27 2004 at 3:41am
So if you want to look healthy, be heathy try watching what you eat and find out more about how to do this at a health food store. Its not as bad as it sounds ...they aren't what they used to be like ! They now have stuff that is easy to take and taste good if your going to be eating it ! They even have stuff that taste like real chocalate! One thing you can do is take a detoxifer. It will help flush your body out, and drink tons of water. So your body doesn't have crap making your skin break out from having bad stuff inside you. It shows up by coming through your pores and shows up as a break outs of zits. Sorry but its late and that was the plainest way of putting it. Please try to work on what you eat and drink more bottled if you can water. Stay off the soda it is really crap on your skin!

Posted By: Aesha
Date Posted: November 30 2004 at 2:30pm
I believe in inner and outer cleansing. I came across this product when my skin was so broke out and had much darkn' blemishes six months ago. I just love it. Taking the herbal skin vitamins and cleaning my face twice a day has my skin looking like I wearing makeup. I had two girlfriends ask me what am I using on my face. Now they are using the same product and see results less than six weeks. http://www.naturallyclear.com/ - http://www.naturallyclear.com/

-------------
Patience and perseverance have a
magical effect
Before which difficulties disappear
and obstacles
vanish.

Posted By: elle100
Date Posted: December 06 2004 at 9:49pm
I am a Licensed Esthetician (skincare therapist).

Clinique is NOT a good skin care product.

Products you buy in the drug stores and department stores do NOT address specific skincare problems. They are manufactured toward the masses.

Over washing your face with the wrong products will dry out your skin. Your oil glands with recognize that the skin is drying out and start pumping out oil. You will make the problem worse.

Alpha Hydroxy acid is a good recommendation, but 8% doesn't do much of anything.

You should make an appointment with a Licensed Esthetician. Have her analyze your skin. She will do a facial using products to address your specific skin care needs and also sell you PROFESSIONAL skincare products that you should use as directed.

Hope this helps
elle

-------------

Date Posted: December 10 2004 at 9:11am
My name is Evelyn Cerna and I am an independant skincare consultant for a company called L'Bri Pure and Natural, whose products are made with Aloe Vera and is the first ingredient, unlike the majority of the skincare products on the market whose first ingredient is water. I have a website that you can check out www.Evelyn.lbrionline.com. We have sample packets available which include a cleanser, freshener, moisturizer, eye gel and our featured product, a facial mask that is truly amazing. Please let me know your specific skincare needs and I will be able to assist you as to which products will work best for you.

Print Page | Close Window