Forum Name: Skin Care
Forum Description: Smooth techniques for beautiful & healthy skin
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20712
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 10:20am

Topic: Cetaphil?????
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Cetaphil?????
Date Posted: March 29 2003 at 4:29pm
I just went to two different dermatologists and they both recommended cetaphil. It freaked me out a little bit since they are completely different dos. So I am thinking maybe I should try it? Does anyone here use it? If so, do you all like it? Is it significantly better than more expensive stuff? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: cara
Date Posted: March 31 2003 at 9:04am
I've been using the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for 4 years now, and love it for my dry somewhat sensitive skin. I've also used their moisturizing lotion as a body lotion and it's very good. The moisturizing cream is an excellent bland emollient(dry skin only, please!!) and works better than a lot of expensive moisturizers out there. If you're going to spend more money, invest in a good treatment product(like a good AHA or retinoid-type of product)

Posted By: Rita Shelton
Date Posted: April 29 2003 at 9:31am
Cetaphil was recommended by two different dermatologist also. I really like it..I keep the cetaphil bar in my shower for my body and also use it on my face sometime..It leaves your body really soft and not dry feeling.

-------------
Rita Shelton

Posted By: papillon_purple
Date Posted: April 29 2003 at 10:54am
Cetaphil is wonderful. I use the Gentle Skin Cleanser and I have combination skin. It makes the dry parts just fine, but does not leave the T-zone more oily. It's a really good product because you can rinse it off with water, or just wipe it off with towels to leave some on for added moisture. I haven't had much in breakouts since I started using it.

I find that it is better than the more expensive skin and face products, which tend to be high in fragrance, which can irritate the skin, no matter what type.

-------------

Posted By: cara
Date Posted: April 30 2003 at 3:28pm
I have dry, somewhat sensitive skin, and live in a semi-arid climate, so Cetaphil is excellent - have been using the Gentle Skin Cleanser for 4 years now, and the moisturizing lotion and the cream on and off with other stuff. The lotion is excellent as a body lotion, and I use the cream on my face at night. The products are all a great value for the money, and last a long time. This time the derms are right in their recs for sensitive skin!

Date Posted: May 12 2003 at 5:55pm
AAAH! I had heard wonderful things about Cetaphil to, and having run out of my regular glycolic cleanser, I bought some cetaphil. Now, my skin is quite dry and very sensative, and the cetaphil made it disgusting! It turned red, like I had a rash in some places, and made it peel and flake, etc. Not a good experience, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the second ingredient in it is alcohol... sounds kinda harsh. I was really dissapointed bacuase I'd heard so many good things. So if anyone has super sensitive dry skin, this might not be for you

Date Posted: May 23 2003 at 7:16pm
Hmmmm.I guess it's not for everybody...
Good luck finding something that works for you.

Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: June 01 2003 at 10:58pm
Cetaphil is one of the most gentle cleansers on the market, and I've used it for years. One thing that is important to remember is that it is a gentle cleanser only. It does not add moisture, so if your skin tends to be dry, you will need a moisturizer afterwards. It's also great for acne-prone skin, because it isn't harsh. Even though acne can be very bothersome, it's important not to irritate the skin any more. The best thing EVER I found for acne is 1% beta-hydroxy acid. It actually goes into the pore to exfoliate. My skin is much, much better now in my 30s than when I was a teenager!

Print Page | Close Window