Print Page | Close Window

Aromatherapy Recipes To Stop Foot Aromas?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Aromatherapy
Forum Description: The common scents way to health and beauty
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20895
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 9:01am

Topic: Aromatherapy Recipes To Stop Foot Aromas?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Aromatherapy Recipes To Stop Foot Aromas?
Date Posted: April 19 2003 at 4:44pm
Hi,

I love wearing wooden clogs w/ leather soles but unfortunately the combo of the leather and the soles tend to cause my shoes to acquire a strong "aroma". I tried sprinkling Dr. Scholls powder and baby powder but it is only a short term fix. Any ideas on what might work from the magic aromatherapy box?

Thanks in advance.

Replies:
Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: April 19 2003 at 5:39pm
Hello

Bergamot eo is a deodoriser par excellence.
Peppermint ditto.

Take your pick or try both.

Cheers

Uzma

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 1:04pm
Hi Uzma,

Would you recommend that a someone mix a few drops of essential peppermint oil with a powder or would you recommend using a lotion that had peppermint mixed into it? I wear sandles in the summer in Dallas and I constantly worry about this issue myself since I would hate having "intense" feet. :-)

Thanks for the info.

Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 2:46pm
Hi Karen

If your sandals/shoes have leather or suede inner soles, I suggest you apply the eos directly to them (about 5-10 drops on the dry soles), rather than to your feet.

If you wish to apply directly to the feet then I suggest you only use the peppermint if feet are exposed to the sunlight as bergament is a photo-sensitive oil (potentially causing your skin to burn when progressively exposed to sunlight).
In this case I would mix the eo in a light, water-diluted skin lotion and apply to the feet.

Another working solution is to sprinkle Fuller's Earth (Multani Mitti) inside shoes/sandals and on feet. This absorbs smells and has no smell of it's own.

Hope that helps.

Uzma

-------------
Uzi

Print Page | Close Window