Print Page | Close Window

Jasmine Better Than Lavender For Sleeping?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Aromatherapy
Forum Description: The common scents way to health and beauty
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20896
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 10:44am

Topic: Jasmine Better Than Lavender For Sleeping?
Posted By: Karen Shelton
Subject: Jasmine Better Than Lavender For Sleeping?
Date Posted: April 26 2003 at 7:37pm
Hi all,

I read in a piece by the Better Sleep Council that jasmine scents help you fall asleep faster than Lavender. Hmmmmmm. I am such a Lavender fan these days. But I am open to any new ideas. I bought some Mole's Hollow Jasmine candles today to give it a try. You can also supposedly used oils in a warm bath but with the hot Dallas months fast approaching a warm bath seems inappropriate. :-)

I also read that Jasmine can only be picked at night when the flowers are in bloom...so maybe that has something to do with it?

Best wishes,
Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Replies:
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: April 26 2003 at 9:32pm
I have never heard of this and I use lavender oil a lot to help get a good night's sleep. I am anxious to hear the answer if anyone has it? Thanks Karen. I learn some new possibilities all the time from these boards.

Posted By: Sophie
Date Posted: April 27 2003 at 7:09pm
Hi Guy's; What is the cost of Real Jasmine essential oil in comparison to Lavender??

-------------
Sophie
http://salonwest.proboards34.com - http://salonwest.proboards34.com

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: April 28 2003 at 4:01am
Hi Karen and Sophie

I pay £8 per ml of Jasmine eo as compared to £0.40 per ml of Lavender eo.
Safe to conclude that I don't buy Jasmine very often.

The thing about Jasmine getting you to sleep quicker than Lavender is news to me.
However, I have my Aromatherapy "bible" here and it says that Jasmine is a

"relaxing and emotionally 'warming' oil. It is a powerful antidepressant of a stimulating nature, which makes it one of the best oils to help where depression has given rise to a certain lethargy."
(Aromatherapy, an A-Z, Patricia Davis)

Relaxing yet stimulating....doesn't sound like sleep inducing to me......

Uzma

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: April 29 2003 at 7:35am
Hi, Karen! I've been using Jasmine e.o. to fall asleep for over a year now. I'm not a big lavender fan, and Jasmine has always really relaxed me. They also say that it helps to induce pleasant dreams!

I buy mine from NaturesGift.com. It's expensive, but definitely a staple, IMHO.
Take care!
Jennifer

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: May 01 2003 at 10:27pm
Hi Jen,

Thanks for your informative post. I always appreciate your insights.

By the way, if you have tried to email me lately...or if anyone has....my HB.com email crashed and burned a few days ago and was just recovered as of about 2 hours ago. I have come to discover, to my horror, that not only was I not receiving emails......the ones I was sending out didn't seem to arrive at their destination either.

That is the most horrible feeling in the world. Sort of like thinking you locked the front door before you went to bed, only to discover it was unlocked and wide open all night. LoL.

Karen

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Posted By: DallasGal
Date Posted: February 13 2011 at 11:24pm
I read in an article recently an aromatherapy institute did a study and found the smell of vanilla to be relaxing and calming which aided participants in falling asleep.

Worth a try.

Let me know how it goes!

Print Page | Close Window