Print Page | Close Window

what color do you have a lot in your closet?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Fashion
Forum Name: A Passion For Fashion
Forum Description: Shoptalk - Hot styles, designers, where to buy, deals & steals.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21029
Printed Date: May 13 2024 at 2:02pm

Topic: what color do you have a lot in your closet?
Posted By: princessmonica
Subject: what color do you have a lot in your closet?
Date Posted: August 17 2003 at 12:17am
i was cleaning out and reranging my closet. i notice i wear a lot of blue. navy, sky, baby, jean, etc. blue. also black. what color do you wear a lot of?

-------------
http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders - http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders

Replies:
Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: August 17 2003 at 1:05pm
Me too Monica, lots of blue. I think it's one of those colors that is universally flattering, even though it's technically a cool color.

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: Elissa
Date Posted: August 17 2003 at 3:00pm
Me too--blue blue and more blue.

Posted By: SuperGrover
Date Posted: August 17 2003 at 5:00pm
Oooh good question Monica!

I personally have a lot of purple. Too much, probably. It becomes cliche.

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Posted By: Sophie
Date Posted: August 17 2003 at 6:25pm
Black, Black, black...I'm in the black hole and have been in there for years.

I love black, I think I'll be in the hole for a while.

Black the color of transition....it fits.

-------------
Sophie
http://salonwest.proboards34.com - http://salonwest.proboards34.com

Posted By: tina m
Date Posted: August 17 2003 at 7:31pm
I like many colors and own clothes in many colors. I also like blue, and I own a fair amount in red too!

But like Sophie, I own more black than anything else.

-------------
tina

Posted By: princessmonica
Date Posted: August 17 2003 at 8:04pm
honestly i thought it would be black. i always buy 2 of something black and a color. there are so many pretty shades of blue. i didn't realize how much i had. pink is getting the same way too. years ago i would never buy pink. now with all the different shades i'm buying pinks too. it look cool with burgandy.

-------------
http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders - http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders

Posted By: LiliBeach
Date Posted: August 17 2003 at 8:44pm
Pink, pink and more pink. With some blue.

And of course lots of black. I think sometimes its the hairstylist "uniform"

-------------
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Posted By: BaldJasmine
Date Posted: August 21 2003 at 10:02am
I wear alot of Black too and I love little black dresses with high heels and with gold jewelry.

I wear alot of beige, light blue, pink, off-white and white too. I am African/American and I think light colored clothes look good against my dark skin. The drawback to light colored clothing; it shows any little bit of dirt or a smudge easily, so you have to be ever so careful not to get even a little bit of something on light colored clothes.

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2003 at 9:14pm
I agree Jasmine, light colors do look good against dark skin.
I'm just the opposite, blonde with blue eyes. I feel I look best in red, navy blue and black. Not bad in pink either.

-------------
tina

Date Posted: August 25 2003 at 9:14pm
I agree Jasmine, light colors do look good against dark skin.
I'm just the opposite, blonde with blue eyes. I feel I look best in red, navy blue and black. Not bad in pink either.

-------------
tina

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: August 26 2003 at 7:08pm
I am a pastel girl in pink and light blue. Baby colors. I generally have blue jeans or blue jean skirts (depending on the season and temperature) and a pink or blue shirt. Sometimes red and/or black. When I worked in an office I wore a lot of black. Easy and slimming.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Posted By: Silvertine
Date Posted: September 02 2003 at 10:38am
I have a lot of black, light pink and baby blue, with a bit of red and purple.

-------------
- sweet like a chic-a-cherry cola -

Posted By: Cranberry
Date Posted: September 06 2003 at 12:16am
Looking in my closet right now, the first thing I see are my numerous white shirts. I'm often made fun of by family from the fact that I own so many white shirts. They're not all the same style, each completely different, but I seem to have this thing for a clean and pure white shirt. I can't resist checking them out when shopping for clothes. They match anything!!
Otherwise, there's a lot of dark red/burgundy, blue shades, and of course, much classic black.

-------------

Posted By: beachgerl
Date Posted: November 15 2003 at 1:10am
Oh I love colors. Main colors in my closet: aqua blue, blue, red, pink (from pale to hot pink), white and black. I like 60s Mod colors very much. :)

Posted By: duke
Date Posted: November 15 2003 at 5:02am
Blue - jean machine guy with some blue shirts, a jean jacket and a navy parka. I'm a very casual dresser.

-------------

Posted By: whitney_brett
Date Posted: November 15 2003 at 2:47pm
i own lots of blues and reds. lately anything i buy has been green, since it's my favorite color---i guess i need more variety in my wardrobe

-------------
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: November 16 2003 at 11:52pm
Lots of denim, that's most of what's in my closet, and lots of t-shirts with varying, usually childlike, designs on them. I make a lot of the t-shirts myself with shirt transfers I print on my omputer. I want to make more shirts with drawings I've done-- I like looking like a walking billboard for my own art :-) .

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: uzma
Date Posted: November 17 2003 at 4:27am
Predominantly neutrals - primarily black.

-------------
Uzi

Posted By: Lalaithial
Date Posted: November 20 2003 at 5:37pm
Blacks and Reds. I hate it sometimes cause it looks like I'm trying to be gothic but I just like the colors. Been wearing them since I was little. They look the best on me cause I have extremely pale skin. But yeah, I have about a million long black skirts. They dominate my closet

-------------

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: February 25 2005 at 2:46pm
Pastels!!!!

Really light pinks, blues, and yellows!

I have no idea why

Posted By: redhairedgirl
Date Posted: February 26 2005 at 8:21am
Black. Used to be a goth so I have loads of stuff from then, that I am replacing as I can afford it, with pastel colours.

-------------

Posted By: blondee
Date Posted: March 29 2005 at 4:04pm
Usto be TONS of BLACK! Now I am in this color mood. Turquoise, Hot pink, baby pink, yellow,Red, Orange, Green. Some of my tops have several colors on them. I even have sky blue and coral colored pants! I love it!

-------------
blondee

Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: March 29 2005 at 4:09pm
Black and browns definitely! However, I usually will pair it with some colorful accessory like a pin, scarf, belt or bag. I also have a lot of pinks which I wear a lot in spring, summer. I'm going to try and incorporate a little more color to my wardrobe this season.

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Posted By: curliegirl
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 5:15pm
I have alot of different colors, id have to say that most though is like green, pink, and lavender. but i like to have a bright closet to walk into..

Posted By: Beautifulinblue
Date Posted: July 13 2005 at 7:49pm

I've got all the basic black necessities- long pants, a miniskirt, little black dress, black tight tshirt and a black singlet top.

Other than that I wear blue, purple and pink because it suits me. Lately I'm loving red as well, but it all depends on the shade. I dont wear ANY yellow, and minimum green. I have a few white pieces but unless I'm looking abit tanned, I dont wear white.

-------------
Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional

Posted By: NDGthaDon
Date Posted: January 09 2006 at 10:20pm
Blue all day i wear a lot of blu im a bluestar.

-------------

Posted By: prettybaby
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:45am
Lots of black with some pink, baby blue and purple. In the summer I wear a lot of bright colors and in the winter, darker colors. But really, who doesn't do that?  The one thing that stays the same is I live in blue jeans. 

-------------
[IMG]http://www.sherimoonzombie.net/site/media/gifs/sherimoonzombie-babysmile.gif" />

CURRENT HAIR: blonde =) straight, under a tiara!

Posted By: MoD3Ltype
Date Posted: January 19 2006 at 11:59pm
Latel Ive been so into torquise it just seems like all the cute shirts are torquise and I never used to like that color

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: January 20 2006 at 1:13am
I'm trying to expand my wardrobe a bit, so I've been buying more like reds, greens, purples, etc. where I used to have mostly black, white, and blue.  I've also started to wear more patterns than I used to. . . which sometimes makes it a bit harder to match things -_-;; .  The price of getting bored with status quo, I guess. . .

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: gunnie71
Date Posted: January 23 2006 at 8:47am

Hi!

I guess it depends on the seasons for myself.

I notice I wear Browns, Black, Red, and Green, and blues alot.

In the summer, I prefer to wear alot of white, blue, and pink! I love pale pink alot!

I love pale yellow too.

But my all time favorite color is RED!!!!! I really want a pretty Red dress especially for all seasons. I'm a Natural (Auburn) Redhead, But I still look great and Love RED!!!!!!

Bye for now,...God Bless!

-------------
Katie ;)

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: February 09 2006 at 7:59pm
I have alot of blue and black, but lately, I have been getting lots of turquoise for some reason...I have stuff of other colors, but my closet is mainly blue...or dark!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Posted By: Shyanne
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 1:28pm

A huge range of red in alot of different textures, browns, blacks& purples in diffrent textures too.

I love my closet!

-------------
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...

Print Page | Close Window