Print Page | Close Window

Remember shrugs?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Fashion
Forum Name: A Passion For Fashion
Forum Description: Shoptalk - Hot styles, designers, where to buy, deals & steals.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21031
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 5:51pm

Topic: Remember shrugs?
Posted By: Lyris
Subject: Remember shrugs?
Date Posted: August 18 2003 at 12:32pm
They were those funny looking garments that were "just sleeves," for lack of a better description. A real fad 5-6 years ago. Some trends (capris, 3/4-length sleeves) from the late 90's have endured, yet shrugs have all but disappeared. Does anyone else remember those things?

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Replies:
Posted By: caramia
Date Posted: August 18 2003 at 12:45pm
Actually I don't remember them but i was informed about them 6 months ago when a friend told me she was crocheting one. I also decided to crochet one for my 6-year old daughter - she was a flower girl in a wedding in March. I wanted her to have something to wear outside that would keep her arms and shoulders warm without hiding her lovely dress. By the way, it was a pain (in my opinion) to crochet and I won't be crocheting any more shrugs.

Caramia

Posted By: Cranberry
Date Posted: August 18 2003 at 2:30pm
I TOTALLY remember shrugs...I never had one, but I saw them around lots of times back some years ago. I've recently seen one or two people wearing them for a formal/prom kind of thing, but nothing else.
Think they'll ever come back?

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: August 18 2003 at 3:38pm
Eventually everything, no matter how impractical or ugly, comes back in style (shudder.) I started this thread because this weekend I saw one solitary shrug on clearance at TJ Maxx. I hadn't seen them in years and it jogged my memory.

Caramia I like your idea of wearing one with a formal dress, however. I think it might be easier to get a matching shawl but I commend you for taking the effort to make one!

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: dancingflame
Date Posted: August 24 2003 at 12:06pm
I love shrugs....especially oversized ones in soft knit fabrics......super comfy
They were definitely popular about 4 years ago....but then disappeared..
What's cool about them is that they're really easy to make

Posted By: Silvertine
Date Posted: September 02 2003 at 10:35am
Yeah, I seem to remember having a pink shrug four or five years ago.

Posted By: ames
Date Posted: January 26 2005 at 6:28am
shrugs are HUGE at the moment in london, i see them everywhre, wool, crotchet, linen, beaded antique ones - mostly worn with jeans and a little corset. they look pretty good if you know how to style it!capes seem to be making a comenback too..if they were ever in in the first place

-------------
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....

Posted By: MoNiCaxOC
Date Posted: January 26 2005 at 4:00pm
Shrugs are coming back. So are cropped knit wraps. They have cute shrugs and wraps on http://www.discountdance.com - http://www.discountdance.com in their warm ups section. They're pretty cheap too. I stocked up. :-)

-------------
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"

Print Page | Close Window