Print Page | Close Window

what do you wear that you really don't want to admit?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Fashion
Forum Name: A Passion For Fashion
Forum Description: Shoptalk - Hot styles, designers, where to buy, deals & steals.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21040
Printed Date: May 13 2024 at 10:34am

Topic: what do you wear that you really don't want to admit?
Posted By: princessmonica
Subject: what do you wear that you really don't want to admit?
Date Posted: September 22 2003 at 12:30pm
ok we all wear something we really don't like to admit we really do wear. what is yours? i'll go first since i started this thread. i'll wear sweat pants around the house when it's cold. i know lyris will love this also when cold i'll throw a flannel shirt on like a jacket.

-------------
http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders - http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders

Replies:
Posted By: Sophie
Date Posted: September 22 2003 at 2:10pm
LOL...Good topic PrincessM, Well my at home wardrobe is so comfy. And I change AS SOON as I get home.

Old sweaters and summer dresses, if it's cold a pair of my hubby's snow blowing hunting socks. I don't get rid of old sweaters I just wear them as jammy's.
Their big their warm and cozy and I wear them until they give out.

I should mention that I live too far out of town for people to drop in and I don't have neighbors that live close...Thank god.

-------------
Sophie
http://salonwest.proboards34.com - http://salonwest.proboards34.com

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: September 23 2003 at 7:27am
Hehehe Monica. I wear men's boxers to bed. They're cut better and cost a lot less. The boyfriend loves it.

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: SuperGrover
Date Posted: September 23 2003 at 1:15pm
Um... I wear a scrunchee when I brush my teeth?

That's a lame answer, I know. I can't think of anything. I guess nothing embarrasses me.

-------------
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: September 23 2003 at 4:15pm
.I wear stuff that my friends don't want to admit! What have they got against dog collars, studs and random strips of leather thonging being worn as jewellery!?

I like what I wear, but you don't want to see the state of me when I'm painting. My "art jumper" is in such a state that my mum won't let me wash it in the machine. When it starts getting flammable I may have to throw it out.. I really shouldn't dab colours of on my sleeve, or wipe excess paint off on my front.!

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: Endlessnite
Date Posted: September 24 2003 at 3:16am
Most of the things that I am embarrassed that I wear are worn at home or doing errands. Such as: baseball hat, jeans, hair in a scrunchy, ponytail, ...

-------------
BR,
Endlessnight

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: September 25 2003 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Hehehe Monica. I wear men's boxers to bed. They're cut better and cost a lot less. The boyfriend loves it.

WHAT!!!!!! Oh so sorry... I gues he loves it BECAUSE you have TOLD him about them...lol

-------------

Posted By: dana073
Date Posted: October 02 2003 at 1:02pm
I have to second the men's boxer thing!! The minute I get home, and know I will not be going anywhere else, I change into a t-shirt and boxers. They are more comfortable than regular shorts, I am still decent but yet I am all prepared to be a couch potato for the evening! ;-)

I have long hair and I will also put my hair up in a scrunchie to wash my face or just get it up off my neck....only when I am around the house that is! Bands tend to pull my hair too tight, and it messes with my whole 'relaxed' feel that I have going on! hehehe

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: October 02 2003 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

WHAT!!!!!! Oh so sorry... I gues he loves it BECAUSE you have TOLD him about them...lol

But of course. You don't think this 22-year-old nice girl would allow any member of the opposite sex to see her in any given state of undress, now do you?

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Date Posted: October 03 2003 at 2:03pm
What's the world got against scrunchies? In the UK they aren't really that shameful if you get funky ones with smiley faces on or something.
I'm guessing that we're talking about the same thing - a fabric covered band that's got approx. 2x as much fabric covering it than elastic inside it, so it goes all frilly.

Btw Lyris, why do you have pretty coulor writing? Can I have pretty colour writing? How do you get pretty colour writing?

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: October 04 2003 at 2:42am
I hate sweatsuits, but I'm wearing one right now-- a big, baggy navy-blue one-- because the weather here is getting cold at night and I don't know how much more mending my old flannel pjs can take. *sweatdrops* I couldn't find new warm flannel pjs yet *wonders why not*, so I got this sweatsuit instead.
I still have some degree of pride, though-- it is never seeing the outside of this house, no matter how cold it gets :-P .

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Viktoria
Date Posted: October 04 2003 at 12:11pm
Fun thread this! I am not really ashamed, but wouldnīt either brag too much about wearing a satin sleeping cap to bed, to keep my hair out of the way. Luckily, husband thinks itīs kind of cute. Only īcause he loves me...

Posted By: DakotaDiva
Date Posted: October 11 2003 at 4:17pm
I sometimes wear my fur coat that my husband bought for me and I often wear leather.
I am of native American heritage; it is our tradition to wear fur and leather clothing. Yet sometimes I feel it is unecessary to wear fur or leather. I'm culturally mixed about this, I have mixed emotions about this.
My husband who is White thinks it is silly of me to even worry about it. He thinks if someone wants to wear fur or leather they should just wear it.

-------------

Date Posted: October 11 2003 at 11:57pm
I wouldn't wear fur, but I have no problem with wearing leather. Leather comes from cows, which humans also use for milk and beef, so I don't think it's as bad as, say, mink, who're raised for nothing but fur.

-------------

Posted By: Jenna
Date Posted: October 16 2003 at 12:18am
I'm a vegetarian and sometimes feel odd about buying leather, but I figure I'd rather the entire cow be used than just the meat. That's the only animal product I'd ever wear, and only for shoes and one purse.

-------------

Posted By: tina m
Date Posted: October 19 2003 at 12:42am
I like everything I wear. Why would I wear something I didn't like?
If you are cool you don't choose to buy uncool clothes.
You people need to learn to be cool!

Date Posted: November 07 2003 at 3:23pm
Ditto on the leather being fine, but fur being a different matter. I don't get my friends, when they tell me that it's wrong to wear leather, when they're eating a beef-burger. Then again, they'll drop a plastic bottle on the floor when they know it takes 5000 years to start decaying and will possibly kill an innocent animal. But hey.....

Tina, I don't think it's uncool to buy uncool clothes, unless you're only buying them because they're uncool. It's just as uncool to buy cool clothes because they're cool and not because they suit you. But I know you're cool

-------------

Posted By: tina m
Date Posted: November 09 2003 at 8:42pm
efnys.
If really are cool you don't try to be cool, you just are cool. It's effortless.
And because you are cool of course your fashion sense would naturally be cool, which means, you will of course pick cool clothes to wear that DO look good on you.
AM I RIGHT OR WHAT!

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: January 19 2004 at 12:18am
i wear my primary school shorts to bed and on weekends i sometimes wear my pjs all day.im just about to start year 7 btw.

Date Posted: April 15 2004 at 2:28pm
When I'm at home, I just wear my boxers(which, are my actual underwear anyway) with a wife beater or tank top, sometimes sweatpants with tee shirts.

Posted By: Green Eyes
Date Posted: April 19 2004 at 7:39pm
OMG...Still wearing long underwear in Maine...Where is Spring???

-------------
"Too soon old, too late smart."

Date Posted: April 23 2004 at 4:25am
Oh yes, I've got a new one! Furry pink slippers with sparkles and plush Hello Kitty heads wearing ballerina crowns! My friend bought them for me at the Goodwill. I really don't care for pink, but Hello Kitty is adorable, and it's hard to find animal slippers in adult sizes, so I'm just glad they fit!

-------------

Posted By: wannabgorgeous14
Date Posted: August 07 2004 at 4:51pm
um...........

-------------
I love everyone!!! Ya... even U!!!
hehe ;)

Posted By: wannabgorgeous14
Date Posted: August 07 2004 at 4:52pm
um...........

-------------
I love everyone!!! Ya... even U!!!
hehe ;)

Posted By: kerry
Date Posted: October 02 2004 at 12:16pm
iwen i get home i put on my p.js only if i no no1 is comen over

Posted By: S_Miller
Date Posted: October 05 2004 at 2:54pm
I have an old, oversized football uniform that was my brothers in college. Its made of nylon and mesh that I wear to bed. It's so comfortable.

-------------
Stephanie

Date Posted: February 08 2005 at 12:49pm
Lyris, your quote is far from true. we didnt create our biological features. it's funny, b/c i know some really gorgeous geeks. no offense to you though. jst exprssng opinion.

Posted By: ames
Date Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:09am
my friends are always amused by me as i never wear anything but a skirt or dress...always nice clothes. i dont see the point of only dressing up for special occasions so i buy and wear lovely clothes exclusively. i don't even own a pair of jeans.same goes for high heels...i never wear flats unless i know ill be walking a lot that day.
my boyfriend however has a selection of 'house trousers' -old trousers and jeans that are really worn out, so he just hacks them off at the knee and sticks them on. they are really battered and frayed, but he loves them....

-------------
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....

Posted By: redhairedgirl
Date Posted: February 17 2005 at 11:55am
When I am chilling-out at home I wear a tennis skirt despite the fact I have never played tennis and probably never will. I just find it comfortable.

-------------

Date Posted: February 25 2005 at 2:37pm
I'll wear a hoodie and put the hood up when I dont want to comb my hair or rather when i dont have time because my kids need me to go somewhere at the last min!

but dont no matter what dont ever take that hood down!

Posted By: jasmine2g3
Date Posted: March 25 2005 at 2:57pm
I wear a self-adhesive silicone bra...only when I wear halter or tank tops b/c I hate bra straps.

-------------

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*

Posted By: bluetigerlily
Date Posted: March 26 2005 at 8:03pm
what is so bad about scrunchies?  i have like a bajillion of them i like to wear around the house after i shower because my hair is wet.

Posted By: blondee
Date Posted: March 29 2005 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I wouldn't wear fur, but I have no problem with wearing leather. Leather comes from cows, which humans also use for milk and beef, so I don't think it's as bad as, say, mink, who're raised for nothing but fur.

Well, that's why they FARM mink, so people like me can enjoy our fabulous mink coats!

-------------
blondee

Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: March 29 2005 at 3:55pm
I love to wear my fiancee's boxers and sleeveless white tees! I'm such a girlie-girl that my friends think I wear long silk gowns and furry high heels whenever I'm in!  Everyone comments on how I never "dress down" when I'm going out or to work. I may own 3 pairs of jeans at the most and NO tennis shoes. I love heels and flirty dresses, etc.  I just love being feminine and the whole nine at all times, so to slip into his clothes when I'm home relaxing is heaven! And believe or not, this is when I feel the most sexy. Go figure!

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Posted By: moonlessbraclet
Date Posted: July 31 2005 at 2:58pm
Personally Im not embarassed about anything I wear. My therory is that you want to always look your best. So I dress nice ( some people refer it as dressing up), everyday.Even to bed. I like to look and feel like a woman. I must say that if Im really sick I will lounge in my nighty all day with a warm robe. Thats about it. lol.

Posted By: LostForever
Date Posted: August 04 2005 at 3:07pm
My friends are always saying how I'm so obsessed with what I wear that I
will never wear clothes that don't go together - even when I'm just
hanging around the house with them. It's true, but I don't think I have
any things I don't like to admit that I wear. I wear old long granny socks
when I have long pants and close-toed shoes on an my feet get cold...
that's about it.

Posted By: ammonia
Date Posted: August 05 2005 at 6:33am
ok ive worn those dum bracelets i talk so much bs about lol the ones that have words on them =x i only worn it like once or twice and only because my sister gave it to me. now i cant stand them lol.

Posted By: the_katiekat
Date Posted: September 01 2005 at 1:33am
I wouldn't say that I DO NOT want to admit it (since I freely admit this when asked), but I wear SHAPEWEAR. Despite my semi-athletic build, I have a bit of a belly pooch (and I'm wide-waisted). I've come in terms with my thick waistline, but I wouldn't mind having a smooth line on my torso. Hence, I wear my Flexees corset: it doesn't significantly whittle your waistline by inches, but it does smooth out the bumps. 

Print Page | Close Window