Print Page | Close Window

How to dress for body type

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Fashion
Forum Name: A Passion For Fashion
Forum Description: Shoptalk - Hot styles, designers, where to buy, deals & steals.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21052
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 7:47pm

Topic: How to dress for body type
Posted By: mzfloetic
Subject: How to dress for body type
Date Posted: January 17 2004 at 6:50pm
Hi I'm Kishea and I have a LOT of trouble dressing for my body type. I am 5'6 and 112 pounds. I have long, thin arms and legs, a small bust and a lil hips but no thighs. I also have small wrists and ankles so my hands stand out a lil as well as my feet because I wear and 8 1/2 to a 9. I was wondering that if anyone could help AT ALL I would appreciate it sooo much because I can't seem to find any way to dress that doesn't make me look invisible or like a walking stick. ANY advice would help!

Replies:
Posted By: pixie lady
Date Posted: January 17 2004 at 7:21pm
Hi!

I don't know exactly what you look like but many women are thin, I'm pretty thin myself, maybe not quite as thin as you and I'm not as tall as you, I'm little and petite, but I am somewhat thin.

I don't see why being thin should stop you from finding attractive clothes to wear or an attractive hairstyle. After all, aren't all the fashion models thin?-(some of them are too thin to be honest)-.

I guess I just don't know what you mean, that you need help in fashion because of your body type. There must be plenty of styles that you can wear. It shouldn't be hard finding clothing for you.

Posted By: pixie lady
Date Posted: January 17 2004 at 7:25pm
Also, you could always add a little weight by eating a little more.
I'm pregnant now, so I have been eating more and getting a little heavier anyway, but there have been times in my life when I wasn't pregnant where I didn't always eat enough and got a little too skinny, and then I would eat a little more.
But you don't sound too bad. If you feel that your weight isn't quite enough for your height, then just eat a little more.
I hope that helps you a little! Good luck!

Posted By: mzfloetic
Date Posted: January 18 2004 at 11:42am
Hi, thanks for your help, however I am only 15 and I have a very high metabolism. I eat alot but my body burns it all off. I find it hard to find clothes that are riht for me because pants come up to high on my leg and are NEVER long enough and shirts that are elbow length can elongate my arms or I just end up looking like a bird in some of them. Often what's "in" doesn't look right on my body type, I was just wondering what would be some good suggestions for dressing (for my age and shape) In today's everyday fashion?

-------------