Print Page | Close Window

Belly Button Piercing

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Fashion
Forum Name: A Passion For Fashion
Forum Description: Shoptalk - Hot styles, designers, where to buy, deals & steals.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21084
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 7:10am

Topic: Belly Button Piercing
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Belly Button Piercing
Date Posted: December 22 2004 at 10:57pm
I wasn''t sure where to post this, but I have a question. I have been ''dared'' by my girlfriend and some of her friends to have my belly button pierced to raise a bit of cash for charity. I am meant to get this done before the end of the year.

Can someone tell me what''s involved. I sort of understand how ear piercing is done, but have no idea on belly button piercing.

Does it hurt?

How long does it last for?

Thanks

Andy

Replies:
Posted By: Skzz
Date Posted: December 23 2004 at 7:21am
While I haven't had it done myself, I know quite a few people that have gotten it done. The procedure basically involves having your stomach covered in antiseptic and a needle pushed through a little above your navel area that exits out your belly button.

The various people I know have said much different things about the pain... some said it was "the worst pai imaginable," while others said it was"just a pinch." But most all of them said the majority of the pain went away in less than a week.

Good luck!

-------------

Posted By: glamour puss12
Date Posted: December 26 2004 at 4:55am
hi iv got mine pirced a year ago and i didint tink it was sore!they freeze it so u dont feel anything it takes about a year 2 heal it can take up 2 3 years 2 heal! as long as u clean it u wont get any infections. infections can come really easily so u have 2 clean it 2 a day! but it looks really nice in da end.

GOOD LUCK!!!

-------------
kerry wilson

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: February 12 2005 at 3:24pm
hey!
I think you''ll survive
I''m 15, and have my belly button pierced, but I most confess that it hurts like h***. But HEY thats different from person to person, right.
They use a REALLY big needlelike stickthingy that they poke through the skin, it takes about 2-3 seconds before it comes completly through the skin, it''s that part that''s a b****.
Good luck

Posted By: Del Piero
Date Posted: February 12 2005 at 5:03pm
No offense but Don't be stupid. This is serious stuff.

If they dared you to jump off a bridge, would you consider it?

-------------
EuroDance!!!
Takin it back to the 90's.

Posted By: jasmine2g3
Date Posted: March 15 2005 at 11:02pm
It doesn't hurt that bad...only feels like a pinch---the pain comes after b/c it gets really sore. If you leave it in for months and then take it out, it will close, but w/ a scare. I had mine done 1-31-04 and mine still excrete yellow-clear mucus (not puss but some kind of crusty stuff..lol) Visit http://www.virtueandvice.com/gallery_navel.html - http://www.virtueandvice.com/gallery_navel.html  for basic info.I went to this website before I had mine done too. I saw surprised to see guys with them also.

-------------

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*

Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: March 27 2005 at 11:26am
yeah i had mine done in july and it was just a pinch too. it did hurt like hell like 2 days after i pierced it. I also used to have the yellow stuff comming out. But now, it's virtually painless. I love my belly ring!!! 

Posted By: blondee
Date Posted: March 28 2005 at 7:44pm
Gotta agree with Del.

My sister got hers pierced about a year ago. Hers got so infected, even though she cleaned it thoroughly every day. She kept it in for a long time. It just wouldn't heal right. It hurt her and in the end she finally took it out. Now she has a big ugly scar to boot.

Why would you want to do that?

-------------
blondee

Posted By: Sakeenah
Date Posted: April 08 2005 at 8:24am
i had mine done in 2003 it didnt hurt at all just was a bit uncomfrotable when they put the bar through but the actulal percing part was painless.
Sakeenah

Print Page | Close Window