Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21140
Printed Date: January 30 2023 at 7:27pm

Topic: Heather Graham's Hair in Austin Powers
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Heather Graham's Hair in Austin Powers
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:20am

Does anyone know what products she uses to keep her hair so long and healthy looking, and how she styles it??

Replies:
Posted By: silvie90

i suspect she had extensions and/or hair pieces added to her existing hair to make it that full and thick. I dont know if you've seen her on the cover of any magazines (she's on a few lately), but her natural hair length and volume dont look like they did in Austin Powers. I really do like the style she wears in that movie. If it was all styling that got her that look, it must have taken hours and lots of hair spray!

-------------

Posted By: Serena

According to the June issue of Allure magazine, during the movie she was put on a rotation between Frederic Fekkai Technician shampoo and conditioner; Redken Climatress conditioner; and Kheil's extra-strength conditioning rinse. She also used Frederic Fekkai Apple cider clearing rinse. Her stylist then used Goldwell Vivante Leave-in conditioner and Philosophy Let's Get Something Straight before styling it with a blow-dryer and large-barrel curling iron. She also attached a hairpiece and then finished the look with Khiel's Creme With Silk Groom.

I'd never heard of hairpieces for women before reading this but apparently in the '60s it was a very big trend. I wonder if this will come back as a way to make hair thicker or if it just looks silly in real life and that's why it went out of style.

-------------