Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beautiful People, Beautiful Hair
Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21178
Printed Date: April 23 2024 at 7:12pm

Topic: Renee Russo's 'do catches fire!
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Renee Russo's 'do catches fire!
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:23am

As soon as I caught Rene's new do from the Thomas Crown Affair remake, I smelled a trend... She drew major applause from the audience on Regis when he brought up her hair. She commented "I love this look, I don't know why I didn't do this years ago!"

Here's what we're seeing back east and now it's being fueled by appearences and even a stint on Extra TV's evening magazine:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From their site:Monday August 23, 1999
The Rene Russo Craze

Rene Russo the sexy star of the "The Thomas Crown Affair", is setting off a trend that is being called the "Russo" revolution. EXTRA has the scoop on the biggest hair trend since the "Jennifer Aniston" shag look.

Fiery yet sophisticated, rugged yet sleek, it has women everywhere longing for it. Pierce Brosnan? Nope, it's Rene Russo's red-hot new hairdo. Women everywhere are flocking to salons to copy her happening haircut, from Louis Licari's hip Beverly Hills Salon to New York's trendy John Barrett salon.

Russo went Rusty for "Thomas Crown" at the urging of the movie's director who wanted his fair-haired star to look more assertive. But Beth Minardi, the colorist, says the star was actually somewhat stressed-out about dying her do. But in the end Rene love it.

But why the hair hype? Cosmo magazine's Andrea Pomerantz says it's more than the color it's also the cut. It's a basic chin-length layered look that can be set with rollers for volume and then blow-dried upside down for a finish that fits any face. Women in their 20's can wear it, women in their 50's can wear it and it's wash and wear so it doesn't take a lot of styling. That's what's appealing to women all over America." But just how much does the Rene look cost? Well at Lewis Licari's salon prices start at $130 dollars.

Replies: