Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21189
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 8:51pm

Topic: The Emmys
Posted By: Gord
Subject: The Emmys
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:23am

Can't wait for your report, Jerky Flea. Don't diss Helen Hunt. I don't think she cares what anyone thinks. Brandy appears to have taken up Monica's former hairstyle, don't you think? I'm glad Felicity had a lengthy clip showing her former gorgeous hairstyle, which could be compared to the major mistake that crawls on her head these days. I didn't watch the whole show, but I thought I saw the brunette from NYPD Blue with longer, straighter hair -- like her days as Jenny Gardner in the soap opera All My Children. I liked it and I liked Callista Flockhart's blonder do. She uses extensions, right? I'm sure she thinks it'll take people's minds off her weight, eh? What about Kelly whatshername on The Practice. She looked great when the cast gathered for the best drama series award. Now bring on your report!

Replies:
Posted By: ssjockey

One word about the emmys...LONG...and in my opinion, the only women whose long hair didn't look great were the women whose extensions looked obviously fake, like Nancy O'Dell in the preshow and Sarah Michelle Gellar. Keri Russell did look woefully out of place with her "cap of curls". I must admit that although I think most change is good, and I am a fan of short hair, that Keri's cut, well, just doesn't cut it. I thought that Kirsten Johnson of 3rd Rock, Helen Hunt and Christina Applegate looked especially fetching last night.

One non-hair related note, all the critics were saying that it would be a big night for "Everybody Loves Raymond", but I think the show's name should be changed to "Nobody Voted for Raymond"

-------------

Posted By: Jamie

Okay, wait...was I watching last year's Emmys or this years? I guess I was watching a rerun last night for three hours. Now, on the hair front: I don't care what anyone says, but I loved Jennifer Aniston's dread/ringlets and Helen Hunt's stick straight hair...Keri Russell is probably kicking herself so much after that bad chop because she does indeed look as if she was wearing a helmet or a toupee last night...I'm glad David E. Kelley didn't brush his hair...I'm so sick of Fraiser and everything about it...I loved Helen Hunt's dress!..."Everybody Thought They Loved Raymond, Until They Remembered How Funny Fraiser Used to Be"...I love Camryn Manheim, but these strange things she does with her hair - what are they? Crowns, pigtails, what's next? Spikes?...Callista Flockhart looked great; she covered up her nearly nonexistent form without looking like a tent!...What was Sela Ward thinking?...and what was with all the butt-kissing? Every time someone won, it seemed as if they had to say, "This really should have gone to [fill in the blank non-winner]. I'm going to give this to you backstage." Since when do you have to be a sore winner?

Related Link:

http://www.crosswinds.net/~thecynic - http://www.crosswinds.net/~thecynic " target=_blank>I Was a Teenage Cynic

-------------
Jamie :)

Posted By: silvie90

how about:

"Who the @#$% is Raymond?"

-------------

Posted By: wendy

I watched it and I have to say this: What was camryn mannheim thinking with that outfit? I've seen better on her. That dress just showed off the wrong things. And that one dress that Sela Ward was wearing looked like it had a red doily tacked on the sides and bottom. Rip off the red gunk and there ya go!
helen hunt is always wonderfully made up, but I think Paul Riser is so much better in Mad About You. He is absolutely hilarious -- and has great hair :)

-------------

Posted By: Gord

I adore Sela Ward. She can do no wrong. I think Paul Reiser wears a tupe.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window