Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23087
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 12:30pm

Topic: Britney Spears New Hair color and Haircut
Posted By: le_coiffeur
Subject: Britney Spears New Hair color and Haircut
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 1:32pm
Britney change

http://shockyourmind.org/pictures/britney/other/shoppinginsoho-april19/index.html - http://shockyourmind.org/pictures/britney/other/shoppinginsoho-april19/index.html

Replies:
Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 1:38pm
WOW!

Hopefully she will realize that she is a beautiful woman and doesn't have to look like a blonde bimbo to get attention. Unfortunately, I feel she will soon go back to bleach blonde and extensions
:(

Posted By: Isla Q.
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 2:23pm
She doesn't look super-great in those pics, but I can see it working with a bit of styling. Interesting move. Copying old nemesis Christina Aguilera by banning the bleach?

-------------

Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 3:52pm
that is awesome!!! ive been waiting forever for her to do that and she finally did. i think she looks so much better. i agree that a little bit on styling wouldnt hurt tho. i say give it a little while tho and shell be back to her blonde extensions again.

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 4:14pm
I think she looks HOT but it could be styled a little better. I love the length though. Next in the chair should be ALli landey and Denise Richards.

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 4:38pm
REALLY REALLY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: Tap Dancer
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 5:38pm
I'm probably biased because I'm a huge Britney fan, but I think she looks good either way. I like her as a blond too.

-------------
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />

Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 6:43pm
I'll be the rebel here..

I like her better with long blonde hair. Usually, I'm not one for the fake bimbo look, but it does look better on her.

Posted By: Tap Dancer
Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 8:19pm
The Riddler wrote:

"Usually, I'm not one for the fake bimbo look, but it does look better on her."

A woman is not necessarily a bimbo because she bleaches her hair. I hate stereotyping.

http://www.britney.com/images/photos/promo/photo9.html - http://www.britney.com/images/photos/promo/photo9.html

-------------
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />

Date Posted: April 20 2003 at 9:03pm
To clarify, I said the fake bimbo look, which Britney has had in the past in my opinion. I did not say anyone was a bimbo.

Originally posted by Tap Dancer Tap Dancer wrote:

The Riddler wrote:

"Usually, I'm not one for the fake bimbo look, but it does look better on her."

A woman is not necessarily a bimbo because she bleaches her hair. I hate stereotyping.

http://www.britney.com/images/photos/promo/photo9.html - http://www.britney.com/images/photos/promo/photo9.html

Posted By: tony9999
Date Posted: April 21 2003 at 12:19am
Very nice... much better!

-------------
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!

Posted By: MightyH
Date Posted: April 21 2003 at 7:42am
Is Britney on a break from touring? That might explain the short haircut and color change (or not coloring as the case may be)

And BTW, she's hot no matter what her hair looks like.

Posted By: Big J
Date Posted: April 21 2003 at 9:19am
Hey that's just great, hopefully she is on the road of going progressivly shorter. I would love to see her shorter, but hey this is a start. I like it but it needs to be a little styled

-------------

Posted By: hairalways
Date Posted: April 21 2003 at 11:38am
I think it makes her look her age, which is good!! The blonde hair made her appear older and "wiser" than her actual years.Good for her!

jacqui

-------------

Date Posted: April 21 2003 at 2:30pm
Looking good Britney, about time you did some thing nice to your hair. She looks good with short hair I to hope she goes shorter, glad she finally wised up and went back to her natural color and cut off the damaged hair from being over processed. Looks like the fake blonde era is over, some body should tell Shakria and give her a hair cut as well. First there was Mandy, then christina, now Britney, looks like hell froze over, or some one knocked some since into these girls, now only if we can get mandy to get rid of her mulett.

Date Posted: April 21 2003 at 3:55pm
This could quite possibly be the best thing i have ever seen!!!! The only thing that could possibly be better than this would be for Shakira and Jessica Simpson to follow the act and take the scissors to their hair!

Date Posted: April 21 2003 at 5:28pm
Yea that would be great for them to do that, especially if Shakira cuts up to where her dark roots end and blonde begin.......hey she could pull it off.

-------------

Date Posted: April 21 2003 at 7:48pm
Yeah but don't you think thats a bit extreme? I myself would be happy with an above the shoulders or midneck. I'm not quite sure she could pull off something that short.

Date Posted: April 21 2003 at 10:55pm
yea it is a bit extreme but hey, that's been in my head for some time and I found a chance to say it. I want to see her in something short though

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 1:23am
I respect that. Any time to speak your mind is a good time. I myself want to see her in something short just not quite that short, a Meg Ryan type cut would suffice.

Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 8:32am
according to britneyspears.org the pictures that were taken of brit's new hair were rite after she left the salon...if thats true they must not have wasted too much time stylin it

Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 9:10am
Hey she was probably just concerned about cutting it first....by the way she is going she is going progressivly shorter. First on SNL she has it at her shoulders and now it is chin lenth. Where next?

-------------

Posted By: Dick
Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 10:35am
I LOVE iT!!! And I think it's styled!

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 10:35am
you're rite she is goin shorter and shorter...i dont think shell go muhc shorter altho it would be cool and if she does i bet the extensions will be back in in a heartbeat..unless she really is changing her ways....i wouldnt be surprised if the next time ya see her she has extensions ....we still havent seen ne more pics

Posted By: tony9999
Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 1:32pm
This story in NY Post today...

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/73981.htm - http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/73981.htm

-------------
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!

Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 2:01pm
Its amazing she keeps cutting her hair shorter and shorter even though she claims to be a long haired girl. I wish all long haired girls would follow her example at how to wear there hair, lets start with Shakaria, then Jessica Simpson, Michelle Trachtenberg and so on down the list of long haired beauties. I hope Britney does go shorter, as for style she over payed for the style, it looks as though she was in a big hurry to go some where and told then not to comb it. The guy quoted in the artical should get his facts straight, Britney is a natural burnett not blonde so she has colored her hair before, as a matter of fact wireimge has a flash back pic of her up right now showing her in brown hair from several years ago.

Posted By: conway28
Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 2:24pm
Wow, i love britney''s new do. Makes her looks more her age now and not the little schoolgirl she was. And what a perfect shape for her, a one length classic bob, I say wow again.

Posted By: beachgerl
Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 3:25pm
I think Britney looks in any color. She's a pretty person so she can get away with anything, be it blonde or brunette. I think with long blonde hair she looks like a superstar/goddess but with her natural color she looks like being herself and more humble. It can be exhausting to be a superstar/goddess for so long lol. Sometimes it's good to experience a change for something low maintenance. I'm glad that Britney's finally growing up and less commercialized.

Posted By: princessmonica
Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

Its amazing she keeps cutting her hair shorter and shorter even though she claims to be a long haired girl. I wish all long haired girls would follow her example at how to wear there hair, lets start with Shakaria, then Jessica Simpson, Michelle Trachtenberg and so on down the list of long haired beauties. I hope Britney does go shorter, as for style she over payed for the style, it looks as though she was in a big hurry to go some where and told then not to comb it. The guy quoted in the artical should get his facts straight, Britney is a natural burnett not blonde so she has colored her hair before, as a matter of fact wireimge has a flash back pic of her up right now showing her in brown hair from several years ago.

i'm curious to know why you are so obsessed that females have to have there hair cut short? i know people have different opinions but if you had your way everyone would hack off all their hair. i personally like long hair but a lot of women look good with their hair short. i love halle berry hair short for example.

-------------
http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders - http://www.msnusers.com/monicasanders

Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 4:24pm
Eh... I'm wavering on this one. I'll wait till I see it done up before deciding whether I like it or not. The color is fine, but what gets me is the lack of bangs. I think Brit looks best when she has a little hair in her eyes -- it really gives her a sultry look. When it's all one length it just doesn't have the same kick.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2003 at 5:07pm
[QUOTE=princessmonica]
i'm curious to know why you are so obsessed that females have to have there hair cut short? i know people have different opinions but if you had your way everyone would hack off all their hair. i personally like long hair but a lot of women look good with their hair short. i love halle berry hair short for example.

Hey princess, this is the first time I have seen your name. Anyway I wouldn't call it an obsession, i call it as some choose to like short haired woman over long hair. I still am trying to figure out why that is in my case but have not cracked the code. Is it ok to be obessed over long hair like Gord is? Should all woman have hair as long as it can grow no matter how bad it looks, maybe men can drag them around by there hair like in the cave man era. There are some cases when I do think a woman looked better with long hair, for instance Celine I said looked better with long hair. Just remember unless you live in Iraq nobody can force you to cut your hair unless its in a contract, your kidnapped, or something down that road, and it almost always grows back!

Date Posted: April 23 2003 at 12:03am
hi
shorthair75_2000
thank you for your reply. even though i have long hair i just don't want crummy long hair. i have grown my hair out for many years trying my best to have my long hair look pretty. when i was younger i tried having shorter hair but for me i did not like it.
long hair works best for me. i can put it up or down. straight or curly. with bangs or bangs pushed back. this is what i look like http://hometown.aol.com/sanders42602/myhomepage/wedding.html - http://hometown.aol.com/sanders42602/myhomepage/wedding.html
i'm sure many women feel the same way i do. the thing is it is easy for a celebrity to go get the hair cut short and if they do not like it or it's not the ''in'' thing anymore they can put extentions in their hair.

-------------

Posted By: Gord
Date Posted: April 23 2003 at 12:24am
I only have this to say about that: "No comment."

Date Posted: April 23 2003 at 4:39am
If long hair works for you and your comfortable with it them go for it. Britney however looks way better with this new short style then she ever did with long hair imo.

Posted By: Brent
Date Posted: April 23 2003 at 6:55pm
Brittany looks great in her shorter hairdo. She looked pretty good before too.
Brittany is typical of most modern female singers in today's music biz, at least in the past ten years:-- great to look at, not much in the musical talent department....!

Date Posted: April 23 2003 at 7:39pm
Jessica Simpson who by the way has real boobs, can sing Britney and Christina under any day, as can Mandy, not much to look at right now though with that mullett, Jennifer Love Hewitt, who just recently chopped her hair into a beautiful jaw lenght bob is a awesome singer as well. J-lo is a ok singer better than Britney and had a cute short style going but grew it out as fast as she cut it.

Date Posted: April 23 2003 at 11:42pm

Jessica Simpson who by the way has real boobs, can sing Britney and Christina under any day, as can Mandy, not much to look at right now though with that mullett, Jennifer Love Hewitt, who just recently chopped her hair into a beautiful jaw lenght bob is a awesome singer as well. J-lo is a ok singer better than Britney and had a cute short style going but grew it out as fast as she cut it.

what does britney's boobs have to do with hair? plus she does have real boobs. i know fake one from real ones. i'm not ashame to admit i have implants. when you have implants you get familar with the shape, size, etc.

-------------

Posted By: Vineman
Date Posted: April 25 2003 at 1:58pm
Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with Short Hair? I never really liked Britney Spears she isn't that bad but still rather plain looking.

I've seen so much stuff about people wanting various people to shear their locks off: It's not your hair! I'd hate to be a celebrity. People don't own celebrities. I don't think it's worth money if people objectify you like that. Fame sucks, because of critics. I remember pressurising a girl I was in love with to change her hair once; it was one of the worst things I could of done. It made her feel uncomfortable. Imagine being a celebrity and reading in magazines or on websites what people think of you.

But the main thing is that Short hair is greati f you want it - but it's not like it's some kind of magical thing that makes everyone beautiful. I am a long hair person myself, I think it is better as long hair is more variable wheras short hair tends to look the same, but I still like short hair on some people. But I don't go around saying that certain people should grow their hair out just so I'd like looking at them better.

The thign with short hair is that sometimes it represents the horrible "functional" minimalistic part of society, which takes away all the nice frills and hapyp bits and just creates a working environment wherever you are.
It's just not right...
I remember reading about people cutting their hair short for job interviews, because they were to be becomes mothers - It's your life. Don't let anyone else define it. Take suggestions if you want, but make up your own mind, and your own hair. Hair is the most changable thing on your person - use it as a beacon of who you are.

Date Posted: April 26 2003 at 6:17am
Tha's just it. Hair is the most obvious way of expressing change!! When you feel you have hit a turning point in your life and no longer want to be the person you were before....Hair is the surest way to make you feel this transformation.
It is anyone's free choice to do this or not do this. I agree with Vineman. It is also our free choice to express our wish for someone to go short. God Bless the USA!!!

I am a long haired lady myself.....But it is becasue I look better that way. I have tried short and it doesn't work for me.

Brittney looks great in her new look though. I think it expresses her change into a more serious performer.

Jacqui

-------------

Date Posted: April 26 2003 at 9:43am
Nobody forced Britney to get a better shorter hair style, she did it on her own, maybe with the suggestion of her hair dresser that is how shee became the now short hair brown hair britney from her long fake blonde look she has had since 2000. There is nothing wrong with some one who wants to change or some one who has short hair over long haiir as same goes with long hair. If you are comfortable with long hair it looks good on you, you don't care what anyone else thinks and if your are in most of the world not just USA you can say who cares what other people think about you, Britney did until now. I saw a nice picture of Britney in one of those Britney sitesds where she had long hair about 2 inches below her shoulders and it was nicely trimed, the picture may have been taken not long after she had a few inchs removed, the hair was nice and even on the bottom and blunt. That is yhe nicest I've ever seen her hair, I thionk thats one reason I peferr woman with short hair is because so many grow it but thats all they just grow it and don't care of there hair it get long and stragley, uneven, and unhealthly looking, and thats a turn off for me. So many times girls who cut there hair short end up looking hotter and feeling better about them selves than did when there hair was long, and I don't know why some feel they have to have long hair because short hair is not versatile, or don't look good on them. there are many differnt ways to wear short hair and many differnt lenghts to short hair if one don't work doesn't mean they all arn't. I do like long hair on certian people, but they wear it not grow it, they control there hair not the hair controling them, and those are the ones you see with long thick healthy hair, that just flows flawlessly and shines like nothing else. Wear your hair long, but don't let it wear you. Your hair tells some one who you are and if you have nice hair that says your a good person who cares how you look and what other people think of you, you care how your hair lookks and feels and how it looks on you, wear sloppy hair says I don't care about any thing but myself and I'm lazy. Its not hard to neglect your hair, but its even easier to take care of it and it will take care of you.

Posted By: Ononotdon
Date Posted: April 29 2003 at 5:19pm

Nobody forced Britney to get a better shorter hair style, she did it on her own, maybe with the suggestion of her hair dresser that is how shee became the now short hair brown hair britney from her long fake blonde look she has had since 2000. There is nothing wrong with some one who wants to change or some one who has short hair over long haiir as same goes with long hair. If you are comfortable with long hair it looks good on you, you don't care what anyone else thinks and if your are in most of the world not just USA you can say who cares what other people think about you, Britney did until now. I saw a nice picture of Britney in one of those Britney sitesds where she had long hair about 2 inches below her shoulders and it was nicely trimed, the picture may have been taken not long after she had a few inchs removed, the hair was nice and even on the bottom and blunt. That is yhe nicest I've ever seen her hair, I thionk thats one reason I peferr woman with short hair is because so many grow it but thats all they just grow it and don't care of there hair it get long and stragley, uneven, and unhealthly looking, and thats a turn off for me. So many times girls who cut there hair short end up looking hotter and feeling better about them selves than did when there hair was long, and I don't know why some feel they have to have long hair because short hair is not versatile, or don't look good on them. there are many differnt ways to wear short hair and many differnt lenghts to short hair if one don't work doesn't mean they all arn't. I do like long hair on certian people, but they wear it not grow it, they control there hair not the hair controling them, and those are the ones you see with long thick healthy hair, that just flows flawlessly and shines like nothing else. Wear your hair long, but don't let it wear you. Your hair tells some one who you are and if you have nice hair that says your a good person who cares how you look and what other people think of you, you care how your hair lookks and feels and how it looks on you, wear sloppy hair says I don't care about any thing but myself and I'm lazy. Its not hard to neglect your hair, but its even easier to take care of it and it will take care of you.

Dear shorthair,

Find the home row, please.

Love,

ononotdon.

-------------

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: May 01 2003 at 9:05am
Hey Don,

Couldn't find the big icon for your signature?

JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Posted By: Ononotdon
Date Posted: May 01 2003 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Hey Don,

Couldn't find the big icon for your signature?

JF

Nope. For my stature. hardeharhar.

-------------

Posted By: Lyris
Date Posted: May 07 2003 at 8:47am
Ouch! MSNBC.com said her new cut/color "vaguely resembles a used mop!"

Link to story (scroll to bottom): http://msnbc.com/news/909489.asp?0cv=CB20 - http://msnbc.com/news/909489.asp?0cv=CB20

-------------
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Posted By: rrobey
Date Posted: May 07 2003 at 11:40am
Has anyone come across better pictures of it yet??

-------------

Posted By: Gord
Date Posted: May 07 2003 at 6:45pm
Hey, does this set a record for responses to a topic? I think I'm the 45th response and there are well over 5,000 views. Karen, is there a way to mark this with some sort of celebration. You have my e-mail address. Please feel free to send me a nice prize! (And please, not a lock of your beautiful mane.)

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2003 at 11:56am
Gord,

You could drive a woman to drink...no, better yet, to get a haircut.

jacqui

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2003 at 7:39pm
According to Lynn Brits mum, she forced Brit to change her hair because she was tired of looking the same all the time. She also said that Jaime, Brits sis and mum also got makeovers. I can't find any pics, I would like to see what Jamie looks like since the makeover. She is much prettier than Brit but when Britney was 12 she was pretty to. Britney looks alot better now that she has a new style and dark hair again IMO.

Date Posted: May 08 2003 at 8:49pm
It's a nice change. Everyone needs to give their hair a break and a change once in a while. But she looks better with her golden locks.

Posted By: andreambk
Date Posted: May 10 2003 at 2:20am
her some new pictures of her new haircut

http://www.ismaster.net/ism/scanvip/05_MAGGIO/08_05/britney/indice.html - http://www.ismaster.net/ism/scanvip/05_MAGGIO/08_05/britney/indice.html

Posted By: Isla Q.
Date Posted: May 10 2003 at 2:30am
Thanks for the pics!

Too bad she's wearing a cap, though. But from what I can tell the colour looks good, better than in the other pictures.

-------------

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: May 10 2003 at 7:13am
Other than the change in color it is not that much differnt than her hair has been in the years... her REAL hair has stayed around collar bone length for some time.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window